What role will the Didact have?

At the end of Next 72 Hours, the Didact is last seen being composed at the Composer’s Forge. Brian Reed did say that they wouldn’t kill him off in a comic like that. I imagine he’ll have some kind of role in this game, but what kind of role do you think he’ll have?

Can we stop with the Didact’s been composed theories? Didact can’t be composed. Did anyone watch the Halo 4 terminals??

> 2533274886246836;2:
> Can we stop with the Didact’s been composed theories? Didact can’t be composed. Did anyone watch the Halo 4 terminals??

Well, something definitely happened to him when John used the force of a factory of composers on him. Otherwise, John and Blue team would not be alive.

> 2533274886246836;2:
> Can we stop with the Didact’s been composed theories? Didact can’t be composed. Did anyone watch the Halo 4 terminals??

But in the Universe section it says this: Effectively turned into a digital essence, the Office of Naval Intelligence currently considers the Didact “contained”, though it remains to be seen if his threat to humanity is truly at an end.

> 2533274886246836;2:

“Though their battle with the Didact was perilous and proved nearly fatal, the Spartans were able to band together, and with the help of 859 Static Carillion they tricked the Didact into using the Composers on himself. Effectively turned into a digital essence, the Office of Naval Intelligence currently considers the Didact “contained”, though it remains to be seen if his threat to humanity is truly at an end.”
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/characters/didact

edit: woops someone beat me to it

Guess they really retconned themselves this time

The Iso-Didact will probably have a role, but I’m pretty sure the Ur-Didact is toast. I don’t think he would survive the Halo fragment falling into a planet like that.

> 2533274840469109;1:
> At the end of Next 72 Hours, the Didact is last seen being composed at the Composer’s Forge. Brian Reed did say that they wouldn’t kill him off in a comic like that. I imagine he’ll have some kind of role in this game, but what kind of role do you think he’ll have?

DLC

Story dlc for halo? One can dream. One can dream.

> 2533274886246836;6:
> Guess they really retconned themselves this time

Not really, the statement was vague before considering he only referred to his current form. There’s also the fact he only referred to one composer, not like 10 being fired all at once squarely on him.

OP he’s definitely the bird thing. As I stated in another thread it serves the perfect analogue to Chief in terms of symbolism. Chief will see what it is like for a soldier to become so mechanical in his quest for guarding his race (in this case Didact and the Forerunners) that it destroyed him. There perfect character arc.

Of course this is all speculation, but I think it makes total sense. Moreso than Mendicant Bias being a bird thing that clearly wants to destroy human cities.

> 2533274886246836;2:

The technicalities of what exactly happened will only really be revealed when the game comes out, and I’m sure they’ll make some sense, but the fact is that Halo’s official site goes as far as saying that the Didact was tricked into composing himself and is now a “digital essence”.

What part will he play in the gane’s story? Well, I think he’ll be the real threat that Locke, ONI and perhaps the entire UNSC just choose to ignore in their pursuit of John and the Covenant Remnant. Those Guardian sentinels/giant owl things in the teaser and the cover art are surely under his control. And the Prometheans that will appear in the game, too.