What Requiem Is - Theory

“The history of all Forerunners was now lost to us.” - This is what 343 Guilty Spark says in CEA during the second Terminal. this may seem like a small quote, like meh it’s about the Domain.

BUT, if you look at what it shows when he says that, it shows a Forerunner Shield World, very dark, and symbols over it, looking like Requiem!

2:01 - 2:03

“Whatever it is, it’s not organic.” - Cortana when she talks about the Knight. Behind a Knight’s helmet is a skull, looking like a Humans. Forunners are similar to Humans.

What Are Prometheans? - The Prometheans were the highest and most respected group of Warrior-Servants in the Forerunner Ecumene.

The Prometheans were also responsible for creating “Warrior Keeps” known as Cryptums. We’ve cleary seen a Cryptum on Requiem.

The Composer - The Composer was a Forerunner machine that could extract the personality and memories of a living being, either for the purpose of creating an ancilla such as a monitor, or to integrate them into a geas.

Definition of Requiem - A Mass for the repose of the souls of the dead.

With all this information about Requiem:

1. Contains history of the Forerunners.
  2. This history is remembered by the Prometheans.
  3. The Composer made the Promethean Knights using Forerunners, explaining the skull.
  4. The Prometheans are not organic, and because of the Composer, allows rampant Forerunners.
  5. The Blue Prometheans created the Cryptum to lock the Ancient Evil.
  6. Requiem holds these memories and souls of the Forerunners.

Discuss.

I don’t see the resemblance from the planet from the terminal to Requiem, even though we haven’t seen much of the actual planet itself. I was under the impression the planet in the terminal was the Forerunner Homeworld. Though, it seems clear that Requiem does tie into Forerunner history at some point.

> I don’t see the resemblance from the planet from the terminal to Requiem, even though we haven’t seen much of the actual planet itself. <mark>I was under the impression the planet in the terminal was the Forerunner Homeworld.</mark> Though, it seems clear that Requiem does tie into Forerunner history at some point.

The reason I say it is Requiem because the planet’s outer surface is very dark in color in both Halo 4 footage and in the CEA Terminal; but in Legends, a similar looking planet was shown, but very light in color. I assumed that light planet is Forerunner home world while the dark planet is Requiem.

[deleted]

> > With all this information about Requiem:
> > 1) Contains history of the Forerunners.
> > 2) This history is remembered by the Prometheans.
> > 3) The Composer made the Promethean Knights using Forerunners, explaining the skull.
> > 3) The Prometheans are not organic, and because of the Composer, allows rampant Forerunners.
> > 4) The Blue Prometheans created the Cryptum to lock the Ancient Evil.
> > 5) Requiem holds these memories and souls of the Forerunners.
>
> 1. I don’t see the connection. It’s a Shield World. One of many. Any one of those, they haven’t discovered yet, could hold some form of Forerunner info.
>
> 2. Two different types of Prometheans. These are sentinels, unlike the Didact and his troops.
>
> 3. What?
> 4. What?
>
> 5. Requiem has a Composer? Perhaps.

1. it just doesn’t seem like a coincidence that 343i made Guilty Spark talk about history of the Forerunners and at the same time, just so happened to show Requiem.

2. Monitors were Forerunners/Humans, and kept their memories. I can’t see why Promethean sentinels couldn’t have the similarity.

3. The skull could have kept some of the traits of the old Prometheans.

4. There are Blue Prometheans (Two Knights, Two Crawlers, and a Watcher) seen in the Trailer of Halo 4. they are assumed to not be Rampant, while the Red ones are. Since Prometheans can create Cryptums, the Blue ones could’ve found the Ancient Evil and locked him in one once they created it.

5. Perhaps.

[deleted]

Requiem is a shield world is really cool too! Its kinda of like a halo ring in a way!

> > 1) it just doesn’t seem like a coincidence that 343i made Guilty Spark talk about history of the Forerunners and at the same time, just so happened to show Requiem.
> >
> > 2) Monitors were Forerunners/Humans, and kept their memories. I can’t see why Promethean sentinels couldn’t have the similarity.
> >
> > 3) The skull could have kept some of the traits of the old Prometheans.
> >
> > 4) There are Blue Prometheans (Two Knights, Two Crawlers, and a Watcher) seen in the Trailer of Halo 4. they are assumed to not be Rampant, while the Red ones are. Since Prometheans can create Cryptums, the Blue ones could’ve found the Ancient Evil and locked him in one once they created it.
> >
> > 5) Perhaps.
>
> 1. Halo 4’s canon is connected to everything else Halo. It could simply have served as a hint at where Halo 4 takes place.
>
> 2. I’m not sure I understand your response. The two Prometheans could be completely different things. One refers to the Didact and his elite troops, and one refers to Requiem’s and possibly other Shield Worlds’ sentinels.
>
>
> 3. If they’re the same thing you’re thinking of…
>
> 4. Or they’re just different variants of each sentinel.
>
> 5. Perhaps.

The promenathaeans are somethings completely different from sentials. They’re made to fight they flood and not a varint of the sentinel.

Is Requiem now the name of the shieldworld?
Is Requiem now the fling, big, orange “golfball” from the trailer (where MC says to cortana: “same way we do”)?

Or both?!

[deleted]

> Is Requiem now the name of the shieldworld?
> Is Requiem now the fling, big, orange “golfball” from the trailer (where MC says to cortana: “same way we do”)?
>
> Or both?!

Requiem is the shieldworld and the golfball is a cryptum :slight_smile:

We’re near the truth, Halo Man theory is perfect

I really don’t know what to say to this…I find most of it to be nonsense.

And the whole thing about the Blue Prometheans creating the Cryptum seems very unlikely.

I don’t understand what you are trying to say.

I’ll just stick to Requiem being a shield world and that there are Promethean Warriors in it. We will see everything else when we play the Campaign. :slight_smile:

I believe Requiem to be the Librarian’s sanctum.
It became lost during the war, but perhaps by design as a means to save it.