What REMAKE MAP wiII be in Halo 4?

Frank O’Connor expressed that a large map will be remade and launched with the disc. What map would you most like to see return to our nostalgic doorstep?

"Halo 4 only includes one map remake. I know what it is. It is good. It will cause the least drama of any new thing. It is NOT small."
Frank O’Connor (Twitter)

"Kids are reading this right now and trying to guess what the BIG remake map is based on this clue: Carta De Oaxaca."
Frank O’Connor (Twitter)

If you Google, “Frank O’Connor Carta de Oaxaca”, there’s a NeoGAF post by Frankie, recommending restaurants near PAX. One of the restaurants he recommends is Carta de Oaxaca.

Originally Posted by FyreWulff:
Somehow I had Chipotle for the very first time at PAX last year in Seattle, even though Omaha has 5 of them. It was pretty good, but it’s very much a burrito. They’re kind of hard to -Yoink!- up.

On the contrary, I haven’t had a proper Burrito since I moved out of San Francisco. If you want good Mexican in Seattle, it isn’t going to be a Burrito and the only totally 100% always awesome place is La Carta De Oaxaca. In Ballard, so kind of a cab ride out there. Also the Little Water Cantina and Agua Verde are decent and have great lake views and margaritas.

http://lacartadeoaxaca.com/
http://www.littlewatercantina.com/
http://www.aguaverde.com/

For Sushi, there are two main options. First, for ballers, is Shiro’s. It was already the best Sushi place in Seattle but the apprentice from Jiro’s Dream of Sushi just started there, so now there’s no -Yoinking!- around. Hands down. I haven’t even had Sushi this good in Tokyo. And you have to eat at the bar and order Omakase, no matter what they try to tell you, do NOT sit at a table. JUST THE BAR. And eat the shrimp heads. Even if you think you won’t like them, you are wrong.

http://www.shiros.com/

The RESTAURANT is the hint. On Sept, 11th he stated, “My clue has zero to do with Mexico”, however, if we travel inside the restaurant using google street view, there is a photo on the wall resembling pyramids in a desert: PHOTO.

“<em>I had to explain the clue to someone here who actually knows what map it is. They totally got it once the explanation was in place, but they went in the same wrong direction most people did. Oh and it has MOST DEFINITELY been guessed, but since almost every map ever made has been speculated that only narrows* it down by one or two maps</em>.”
Frank O’Connor (Neogaff, 9/14/12)

I have my personal suspicions that Sandtrap will be remade to utilize the “Mamoth” (Elephant) asset 343 spent so much time configuring and assembling due to all of our “kicking and screaming” during Reach’s infancy. They also showed a sand level of the campaign, so I know they wouldn’t have to create any additional terrain. But I’d like to hear what you think the map will be.

Don’t you already have a thread about this? Or was this another guy? Because I saw the thread, and it looked exactly like yours does now.

> Don’t you already have a thread about this? Or was this another guy? Because I saw the thread, and it looked exactly like yours does now.

Recreated with my permission as the poll was bork’d.

Yeah, but the website locked everyone out from viewing the poll results for some reason. None of the moderators could fix this unfortunately. Due to technical errors, we’ll have to start all over.

> > Don’t you already have a thread about this? Or was this another guy? Because I saw the thread, and it looked exactly like yours does now.
>
> Recreated with my permission as the poll was bork’d.

Okay. Thanks for the confirmation, Snickerdoodle.

> > Don’t you already have a thread about this? Or was this another guy? Because I saw the thread, and it looked exactly like yours does now.
>
> Recreated with my permission as the poll was bork’d.

Call me crazy but your avatar isn’t appearing?

> > > Don’t you already have a thread about this? Or was this another guy? Because I saw the thread, and it looked exactly like yours does now.
> >
> > Recreated with my permission as the poll was bork’d.
>
> Call me crazy but your avatar isn’t appearing?

I see it too. It seems to be happening to all of the Moniters. Kalimari has the same problem with his avatar aswell.

> > > Don’t you already have a thread about this? Or was this another guy? Because I saw the thread, and it looked exactly like yours does now.
> >
> > Recreated with my permission as the poll was bork’d.
>
> Call me crazy but your avatar isn’t appearing?

None of the moderator’s icons are. Probably an inside joke er sumthin lol.

We’ve had so much discussion and speculation on what the map could be in countless other threads…I just want them to reveal it already. heh

Terminal
Waterworks
Relic
Sidewinder
Containment

Any of those and I will be perfectly happy.

I now have this crazy theory that Frankie’s hint wasn’t hinting towards the map’s setting, but to its remade name.

But with a voting system, we get to see which map will statistically cause “the least drama”.

NOT VALHALLA!!!

I would like Sand Trap or Terminal.

I went to Google Translate, and translated that Spanish word that Frankie said. It means “Letter from Oaxaca”. So I Google Oaxaca, and this is what came up: Oaxaca Interesting right? Maybe the map they’re remaking looks similar to this area in Mexico? Interesting, very interesting…

> I now have this crazy theory that Frankie’s hint wasn’t hinting towards the map’s setting, but to its remade name.

Well “Oaxaca” is a city on Mexico’s southern coast. It’s on the shore. But Mexico’s climate is pretty dry and desert like. “Carta” is just the menu for this restaurant. Could it be referring to “Cartographer”?

> > > Don’t you already have a thread about this? Or was this another guy? Because I saw the thread, and it looked exactly like yours does now.
> >
> > Recreated with my permission as the poll was bork’d.
>
> Call me crazy but your avatar isn’t appearing?

Nope, not crazy. Custom avi’s are also bork’d for some reason.

While seeing how sandtrap has the most votes that would make sense, that is an amazing map. I just went down the list quick and remember waterworks being a very cool map back in the day and have not seen a remake of that in some years. Could be cool and I think it would just go with the theme of how Halo 4 is looking so far.

> > > > Don’t you already have a thread about this? Or was this another guy? Because I saw the thread, and it looked exactly like yours does now.
> > >
> > > Recreated with my permission as the poll was bork’d.
> >
> > Call me crazy but your avatar isn’t appearing?
>
> Nope, not crazy. Custom avi’s are also bork’d for some reason.

Is the website getting any important updates?

> I went to Google Translate, and translated that Spanish word that Frankie said. It means “Letter from Oaxaca”. So I Google Oaxaca, and this is what came up: Oaxaca Interesting right? Maybe the map they’re remaking looks similar to this area in Mexico? Interesting, very interesting…

Thats it.

Vahalla confirmed.

It most certainly will not be one from Halo 3, unless it’s Zanzibar/Last Resort. I do not see Valhalla, Sandtrap, Longshore, Rat’s Nest, or even the better than all previously mentioned Standoff, being front runners for the remake map.

Even though this board is filled with players who prefer Halo 3 maps over Halo 2, I’d venture to say the overall majority of Halo fans in general, favor Halo 2’s. Plus there’s been more time to build up that demand and desire, than there has been for Halo 3. They said the map will cause the least amount of drama, and nothing from Halo 3, and I mean nothing, was almost universally praised to the point it could be perceived as the option that would make the most people happy. That’s what he’s implying with the drama comment. That the selection is something that most people will agree with over any other option. It’s got to be a Halo 2 map, in my opinion of course.

For the record, Frankie did say it had nothing to do with Mexico, so all that talk and speculation can be thrown out.

Letter of Oaxaca is what it translates too.

Oaxaca is a city on the western side of mexico, but this has nothing to do with mexico as he said via his tweet. Oaxaca is also a meaning for the name of a tree.

letter of the tree. Yeah, that makes no sense to me either…

> Letter of Oaxaca is what it translates too.
>
> Oaxaca is a city on the western side of mexico, but this has nothing to do with mexico as he said via his tweet. Oaxaca is also a meaning for the name of a tree.
>
> letter of the tree. Yeah, that makes no sense to me either…

Maybe it’s a hint to the map’s remade name rather than the location?