WHAT REALLY NEEDS TO BE DONE (LIST)

First of all, for the good of the game, This new trilogy should stick to the Halo 4 graphics, over the trilogy we don’t really need any improvements from where they are. There is a reason for me saying this of course.

For this trilogy, since every game will be 1 year apart from each-other with a LOT of DLC for each one, I think the maps from Halo 4 should be carried into Halo 5, and then Halo 4 and 5’s maps should be carried into Halo 6. If the graphics don’t change for the entire trilogy, then you don’t have to remake the maps for each game. All the Forge items needs to be carried over as well, a second disc would be a wise choice for all this.

Halo 4 needs to do something about accidental betraying, When your in a wraith using boost, you can NOT stop fast enough to not hit your teammate, it counts as a betrayal and BOOM! they kick you. You see, the thing is that Halo players don’t care f it was an accident or not, they see an opertunity to piss some one off and they take it. What counts as a betrayal needs to be re-thinked.

Forge, Forge NEEDS a lot of things, and personally I believe the option to TRULY edit a map would be nice, adding something to the map is cool, but on forge world if you could dig a cave into the mountain, or a tunnel underneath the ground, that would be awesome. I know there’s no solid ground underneath the map and no rocks behind the mountains so what if while the player is using a sphere to “dig” through the mountain, walls appear to form the tunnel. Being able to change the landscape like this would be VERY, VERY nice. The possibilities for Forge would be endless. Forge also needs weather, like Blizzards, fog or what ever, and changing the time of day on the map as well. Interactive objects like a sliding door and an elevator your able to place anywhere would be very, very useful. An elevator would look a lot cooler then a gravity lift.

We need to see space combat, weather it’s in spartan ops or MM, space combat was probably the best thing about Reach besides the forge.

Also, MATCHMAKING for SpartanOps… learn from ODST.

That’s it for now…

Halo 4-6 are each 1 year apart? Where did you hear that?

I agree with your opinions on forge. I’d love forge to have a lot more options. I’d like to be able to edit in grass or dirt, tries, etc. Forge maps all look the same. Would love a lot more variety.

They do need to work on the betrayal/booting system. In most cases you don’t get booted after 1 accidental betrayal though. It normally takes 3.

As far as the graphics go they should definitely continue to improve them over time.

Also, did they say that 4, 5 and 6 would be coming out a year a part? What I had heard was that they planned to do a halo game every year. That doesn’t necessarily mean 5 and 6 will come out in 2013 and 2014. I hope there is a 2 year difference between each of the main entries.

There’s also no way that any DLC or maps from the previous game will be carried into the next entry. Sure fans would love that but that would never happen. They might add in remakes from previous titles but your DLC will never carry over like that.

I also hope there isn’t much space combat. If you like it that’s completely fine but I just wasn’t a huge fan of it. Maybe for Spartan Ops but not in MM.

First you have no basis claiming the entries are going to be a year apart.

Second yes accidental betrayal booting is annoying but I don’t see what could be done about betrayals in general outside of removing friendly fire.

Third true map editing like you suggested probably would be hard. As for weather effects, yes it would be awesome and something Halo could use more of.

The general consensus is that the next Xbox is coming in 2013, so Halo 5 and 6 are obviously going to look different. Halo 4 looks good, but I can still see where some textures that could be higher resolution, but can’t due to the limitations of a 7 year old console.

But I certainly want as much forge ability as possible. Can’t go wrong with that.

Forge with weather effects…awesome,but arent we forgetting about something?

> Halo 4-6 are each 1 year apart? Where did you hear that?

The reason Bungie opted out of Halo is because Microsoft wanted 1 Halo every year, it was back in the media when the switch was first happening, Halo 5 will be in novemeber of 2013, Halo 6 will be in novemeber of 2014.

> First you have no basis claiming the entries are going to be a year apart.
>
> Second yes accidental betrayal booting is annoying but I don’t see what could be done about betrayals in general outside of removing friendly fire.
>
> Third true map editing like you suggested probably would be hard. As for weather effects, yes it would be awesome and something Halo could use more of.

Actually your wrong, I do have basis for making such a claim, It was all over the -Yoinking!- media a while back. Microsoft wants 1 halo every year. Don’t say i don’t have basis for claiming something if you can clearly look it up.

> I agree with your opinions on forge. I’d love forge to have a lot more options. I’d like to be able to edit in grass or dirt, tries, etc. Forge maps all look the same. Would love a lot more variety.
>
> They do need to work on the betrayal/booting system. In most cases you don’t get booted after 1 accidental betrayal though. It normally takes 3.
>
> As far as the graphics go they should definitely continue to improve them over time.
>
> Also, did they say that 4, 5 and 6 would be coming out a year a part? What I had heard was that they planned to do a halo game every year. That doesn’t necessarily mean 5 and 6 will come out in 2013 and 2014. I hope there is a 2 year difference between each of the main entries.
>
> There’s also no way that any DLC or maps from the previous game will be carried into the next entry. Sure fans would love that but that would never happen. They might add in remakes from previous titles but your DLC will never carry over like that.
>
> I also hope there isn’t much space combat. If you like it that’s completely fine but I just wasn’t a huge fan of it. Maybe for Spartan Ops but not in MM.

If the graphics stay the smae at LEAST for this trilogy, then we ill have a -Yoink- LOAD of maps when Halo 5 comes out.

> > Halo 4-6 are each 1 year apart? Where did you hear that?
>
> The reason Bungie opted out of Halo is because Microsoft wanted 1 Halo every year, it was back in the media when the switch was first happening, Halo 5 will be in novemeber of 2013, Halo 6 will be in novemeber of 2014.

And signed on with Activition which LOVES yearly releases…

yeah that makes since…

Dude where the hell are you getting your information from, I want LINKS damn it.

>
> The reason Bungie opted out of Halo is because Microsoft wanted 1 Halo every year, it was back in the media when the switch was first happening, Halo 5 will be in novemeber of 2013, Halo 6 will be in novemeber of 2014.

Doesn’t meant they’ll get it. Even if they do, is it going to be Halo 5? Could very much be a spin-off. I’d think they would want to build hype for each main installment.

>

See a GI article with an interview with Frankie, Holmes, Wolfkill, and Bonnie Ross in issue 223. They said they will have Yearly material as in DLC or side games maybe but there are no plains for a yearly numbered entery. A latter article with a -Yoink!- exec said the samething so your wrong. See I can look it up. Your claims are rumor and nothing more.

> Forge with weather effects…awesome,but arent we forgetting about something?

What would that be?

> > > Halo 4-6 are each 1 year apart? Where did you hear that?
> >
> > The reason Bungie opted out of Halo is because Microsoft wanted 1 Halo every year, it was back in the media when the switch was first happening, Halo 5 will be in novemeber of 2013, Halo 6 will be in novemeber of 2014.
>
> See a GI article with an interview with Frankie, Holmes, Wolfkill, and Bonnie Ross in issue 223. They said they will have Yearly material as in DLC or side games maybe but there are no plains for a yearly numbered entery. A latter article with a -Yoink!- exec said the samething so your wrong.

The point is that there os 1 halo every year, that’s the point. If you wnat to get technical on me, then Halo 4 is actually Halo 8, and Halo 5 is actually Halo 9, and Halo 6 is actually Halo 10.

> >
> > The reason Bungie opted out of Halo is because Microsoft wanted 1 Halo every year, it was back in the media when the switch was first happening, Halo 5 will be in novemeber of 2013, Halo 6 will be in novemeber of 2014.
>
> And signed on with Activition which LOVES yearly releases…
>
> yeah that makes since…
>
> Dude where the hell are you getting your information from, I want LINKS damn it.

BOOM: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1122586p1.html

> >
>
> Doesn’t meant they’ll get it. Even if they do, is it going to be Halo 5? Could very much be a spin-off. I’d think they would want to build hype for each main installment.

I would die for halo wars 2.

I could even go for an ODST 2. Or maybe a prequel about harvest (halo 4 re-skinned). I’m not sure if this is true, but if it is there’s no way that they would release 4,5, and 6 one year apart. Which is good news becuse i love spin-offs

Nah OP, Halo 4 is limited by the 360 hardware while Halo 5 and even more, Halo 6 will enjoy the superior hardware of the 720. Limiting the games to such old and dated graphics would probably make the following games worse. Truth to say, would you have liked for all Halo games to look like Halo 3?
No, new hardware, new engine, new graphics, they could still use old maps if they like to, same goes for forge objects and such. Low detail objects could still be allowed, or if necessary, a newer model/texture for said item would be released.

> > > > Halo 4-6 are each 1 year apart? Where did you hear that?
> > >
> > > The reason Bungie opted out of Halo is because Microsoft wanted 1 Halo every year, it was back in the media when the switch was first happening, Halo 5 will be in novemeber of 2013, Halo 6 will be in novemeber of 2014.
> >
> > Doesn’t meant they’ll get it. Even if they do, is it going to be Halo 5? Could very much be a spin-off. I’d think they would want to build hype for each main installment.
>
> I would die for halo wars 2.
>
> I could even go for an ODST 2. Or maybe a prequel about harvest (halo 4 re-skinned). I’m not sure if this is true, but if it is there’s no way that they would release 4,5, and 6 one year apart. Which is good news becuse i love spin-offs

Same. Seeing how other characters (besides John) had a role in the games opens up exciting new possibilities in the Halo universe. :smiley:

I agree with you about forge and betrayals but if they can make the graphics better then why shouldn’t they?

> > > > Halo 4-6 are each 1 year apart? Where did you hear that?
> > >
> > > The reason Bungie opted out of Halo is because Microsoft wanted 1 Halo every year, it was back in the media when the switch was first happening, Halo 5 will be in novemeber of 2013, Halo 6 will be in novemeber of 2014.
> >
> > See a GI article with an interview with Frankie, Holmes, Wolfkill, and Bonnie Ross in issue 223. They said they will have Yearly material as in DLC or side games maybe but there are no plains for a yearly numbered entery. A latter article with a -Yoink!- exec said the samething so your wrong.
>
> The point is that there os 1 halo every year, that’s the point. If you wnat to get technical on me, then Halo 4 is actually Halo 8, and Halo 5 is actually Halo 9, and Halo 6 is actually Halo 10.

No, You’re wrong. even getting technical, Halo 4 is still Halo 4. 343i isn’t going to be releasing full FPS Halo games, I’m talking Campaign, and MP. Halo 3 ODST, was more of Halo 3.5 because it was just Campaign, and Fire fight, and it was a shorter campaign. Halo Wars is an RTS, a poor RTS, but a RTS none the less.
And if they release DLC, it’s not even a full Halo game, it’ll most likely be a map pack, or a mission pack for Spartan Ops. 343i would not be as stupid as to release a full numbered Halo game a year apart from each year, instead of stretching out the trilogy 9+ years, they’d end the trilogy in 3, and put them out of work unless they come up with some new story lines.