What REAL Halo was made for

Halo was made to be a competitive shooter where only the best players will reign supreme. Real Halo is about having an even playing field where everybody starts with the same weapon and finding out who has the most skill. It used to reward players who were dedicated enough to learn the maps and how to control them.

Now what is Halo 4 about? Leveling up a xp meter, not having a visible rank because it might “hurt casual players feelings”.

If you are a grown man and it hurts your feelings to have a lower skill rank than someone else than you have bigger problems than a skill rank. If you are a kid that cries over your rank than maybe you shouldn’t be playing M rated games.

Halo is not meant to appeal to every single person who plays games. That is what Call of Duty is for. Halo is made for people who want a challenging competitive arena multiplayer experience. Not for people who want to prestige all day because they get a kick out of seeing a xp meter fill up after matches.

Halo was the only competitive shooter we had left and 343 has taken it away from us to try and attract casual players. The funny thing is they even failed at that because what they don’t understand is casual plays will just stick to Call of Duty. So all they did was drive us real Halo fans away and gain no new fans in return.

I hope the money was worth it to them because they killed our beloved franchise over money and greed.

Honestly, when are these threads going to stop?

Does every single angry forum member have to post one of these?

> Honestly, when are these threads going to stop?
>
> Does every single angry forum member have to post one of these?

This is a forum for discussion. If you don’t like a thread don’t reply to it, common sense. Everyone has a right to post what they want.

But everyone doesn’t need to post new threads about the same topics that we see in other threads that are still on the front page.

And this “opinion” is nothing more than moe trashing of 343 and to an extent blaming Casual players because this game isn’t competitive enough.

No. What REAL Halo was made for was for Campaign. Multiplayer was just an added bonus added in very late.

If you mean “What REAL Halo Multiplayer Was Made For” (which I’m assuming you are), then I could see where you’re coming from.

> No. What REAL Halo was made for was for Campaign. Multiplayer was just an added bonus added in very late.
>
> If you mean “What REAL Halo Multiplayer Was Made For” (which I’m assuming you are), then I could see where you’re coming from.

well yeah in CE multiplayer was like a last day tack on. After that it defined Halo. This game wouldn’t have lasted anywhere as long if it wasn’t for the multiplayer. Just look at Halo 2 with xbox live and how it not only catapulted halo but online gaming to what it is today.

Campaign is play once every few years maybe. Multiplayer is forever and always.

> > No. What REAL Halo was made for was for Campaign. Multiplayer was just an added bonus added in very late.
> >
> > If you mean “What REAL Halo Multiplayer Was Made For” (which I’m assuming you are), then I could see where you’re coming from.
>
> well yeah in CE multiplayer was like a last day tack on. After that it defined Halo. This game wouldn’t have lasted anywhere as long if it wasn’t for the multiplayer. Just look at Halo 2 with xbox live and how it not only catapulted halo but online gaming to what it is today.
>
> Campaign is play once every few years maybe. Multiplayer is forever and always.

Very, very true there.

> > > No. What REAL Halo was made for was for Campaign. Multiplayer was just an added bonus added in very late.
> > >
> > > If you mean “What REAL Halo Multiplayer Was Made For” (which I’m assuming you are), then I could see where you’re coming from.
> >
> > well yeah in CE multiplayer was like a last day tack on. After that it defined Halo. This game wouldn’t have lasted anywhere as long if it wasn’t for the multiplayer. Just look at Halo 2 with xbox live and how it not only catapulted halo but online gaming to what it is today.
> >
> > Campaign is play once every few years maybe. Multiplayer is forever and always.
>
> Very, very true there.

don’t get me wrong though campaign from the original trilogy makes me tear up whenever I play it. But I can’t be one of those players that plays it constantly. I like to play it after long breaks to be able to take it all in again. I could never do those campaign challenge things. That waould just kill it for me.

The Halo soundtrack from 1, 2, and 3 are evidence enough the campaigns are important but multiplayer has it’s fair share of fans too.

What’s this… Halo was ALL about skill? On PC, perhaps.

Aim assist & Bullet magnetism would like to have a word with you OP.

They indeed should’ve kept the separate multiplayer areas; Social & Ranked.

In Halo 4, people can just fire up a custom matchmaking game alone, put on that silly xp bonus perk & earn 1000xp while they go do something else. I don’t see how having a ranking system that allows that tolerable.

A ranking system is no big deal in my book, but if one is to be created it should be made practical.

Umm no halo was made to be an entertaining game that people could do on there free time to avoid the stress of everyday life…just like any other game in the world. It does happen to be the most competitive but that’s not why Halo was created. Bungie didn’t say HEY LET’S MAKE A SUPER COMPETITIVE GAME!!! they said let’s make an awesome sci fi blockbuster title that people could enjoy.

> > No. What REAL Halo was made for was for Campaign. Multiplayer was just an added bonus added in very late.
> >
> > If you mean “What REAL Halo Multiplayer Was Made For” (which I’m assuming you are), then I could see where you’re coming from.
>
> well yeah in CE multiplayer was like a last day tack on. After that it defined Halo. This game wouldn’t have lasted anywhere as long if it wasn’t for the multiplayer. Just look at Halo 2 with xbox live and how it not only catapulted halo but online gaming to what it is today.
>
> Campaign is play once every few years maybe. Multiplayer is forever and always.

Um no Halo would stll be going regardless of multiplayer Halo 2 revolutionized xbox live not the other way around people would still have a want for more halo regardless of online play.

> Real Halo is about having an even playing field where everybody starts with the same weapon and finding out who has the most skill.

It is the imbalance in the way ideas were implemented which makes Halo 4 a shadow of some earlier games. At times, it just plain frustrating. But we all know that Bungie were responsible for taking it down this road. Yep, even the creators of the franchise influenced the way Halo 4 MP is today.

And in terms of “finding out who has the most skill”… really?

Damn man, unless there’s big prize money on the line (like MLG - I respect that), anyone else who plays just to find out who is the most skilled are just… sad. I’m talking about the people who justify their existence by being “elite” at Halo. I’ve heard their whiny little taunts at the end of a match, even when I’m on the winning team, and it’s just pathetic.

Halo MP should just be fun to play. It’s a game. Not a fricking job. Being fun to play, and balanced, is what the “real” Halo should be, for me anyway. In that sense Halo 4 is just not right. But it is what it is.

Average players don’t play for Campaign. They jump on Team Slayer and go to town. Die hard Halo fans play every aspect of the game. Multiplayer ultimately makes or breaks a game these days. Halo 2 definitely set the bar for Halo MP pretty high.

OP: Quake 3 Arena or Unreal Tournament were made to be competitive shooters. Sorry to inform you, but Halo was made as console shooter for wider audience. Reason why so many “competitive players” played it, was because it was popular, and for many it was their first fps ever.

Even in the most cultish Halo 2 you can make headshot aiming in enemy’s genitals. How skillful is that?

Halo was meant for fun beacause of the epic story.
After the caimpaign players started with multiplayer killing eachother for fun.

And there is no 1/50 skill rank because people sold those xbox acounts and 343 dousn’t want that.

> Halo was made to be a competitive shooter where only the best players will reign supreme. Real Halo is about having an even playing field where everybody starts with the same weapon and finding out who has the most skill. It used to reward players who were dedicated enough to learn the maps and how to control them.
>
> Now what is Halo 4 about? Leveling up a xp meter, not having a visible rank because it might “hurt casual players feelings”.
>
> If you are a grown man and it hurts your feelings to have a lower skill rank than someone else than you have bigger problems than a skill rank. If you are a kid that cries over your rank than maybe you shouldn’t be playing M rated games.
>
> Halo is not meant to appeal to every single person who plays games. That is what Call of Duty is for. Halo is made for people who want a challenging competitive arena multiplayer experience. Not for people who want to prestige all day because they get a kick out of seeing a xp meter fill up after matches.
>
> Halo was the only competitive shooter we had left and 343 has taken it away from us to try and attract casual players. The funny thing is they even failed at that because what they don’t understand is casual plays will just stick to Call of Duty. So all they did was drive us real Halo fans away and gain no new fans in return.
>
> I hope the money was worth it to them because they killed our beloved franchise over money and greed.

Yawn…

The only REAL Halo is which ever one I’m currently playing and, that happens to be Halo 4.

Real Halo multiplayer started at Halo 2.

Real Halo is a huge and immense universe with a phenomenal story.

Real Halo is about 3 things:

• Story.
  • Game Player
  • Controls

these 3 things made Halo unique and that is what makes a Halo game different from the rest. Any game can have loadouts, ranks, Armor and vehicles. But those 3 things are items no other game can copy.

> >
>
>

Well that’s true, but Halo was always a game known for its Story and the Universe it revolved around on, spawning many books and comics. Halo was and is always defined by both its story and gameplay, campaign and multiplayer.

Halo was originally about saving the universe from big bad aliens. Multiplayer was just a side dish that turned out to be really popular.