What Rank is Considered above average for Halo 5

So folks what rank do you figure is above the statistic for the average player seeing this is supposed to be a competitive rank system

The rankings need some fixing, but they are definitely better than day one. Gold/platinum seem to be the average whereas diamond is above average and onyx is skilled.

I’d say none. I can do terrible and place 6 wins and 4 losses and still get Diamond rank on two playlists. TWO! (Mind you those are the only playlists I’ve played and ranked) Ranking is beyond broken.

> 2533274837720524;3:
> I’d say none. I can do terrible and place 6 wins and 4 losses and still get Diamond rank on two playlists. TWO! (Mind you those are the only playlists I’ve played and ranked) Ranking is beyond broken.

I am guessing that is because those wins were against players with fairly high ratings? It’s hard to tell exactly what gets you into your division. Once you are in said division, the ranking system works fairly well though.

> 2533274837720524;3:
> I’d say none. I can do terrible and place 6 wins and 4 losses and still get Diamond rank on two playlists. TWO! (Mind you those are the only playlists I’ve played and ranked) Ranking is beyond broken.

its soooooo broken. They need to bring back the old ranks plz lol

Yeah, ranks are very broken ATM. I play fairly well and got plopped into silver and had to grind up to gold and hopefully by the end of the week I will be platinum. The grind is real :frowning: I have a couple people that normally play with me that have a low win percent and started gold/platinum, a bit odd if I might say so. The fact that you don’t go down a full rank ever makes it hard to differentiate players. If by luck they land in Diamond they will remain there until a general system reset happens,or so I was lead to believe.

The ranking system is stupidly broken, I had a 10 game losing streak, where I ranked 3rd in the fire squad but I’m still diamond?

> 2533274838339485;7:
> The ranking system is stupidly broken, I had a 10 game losing streak, where I ranked 3rd in the fire squad but I’m still diamond?

Unfortunately 343 has made it so that once you obtain a bracket, you do not fall out of it. Except for perhaps onyx and champion, which are not permanent. I have seen other players in your situation, where they seem to be stuck in a bracket a notch above where they probably belong. One guy I saw had a 20% win ratio, .5 k/d, and was stuck in platinum. He probably belonged in silver.

Hopefully 343 will look at the bracket system and consider giving the players an option to derank after so many losses. So, if people worked hard for their bracket and want to stay within it despite struggling, great, let them keep the rank, but for others who are perpetually losing, they should have an option to derank.

> 2533274793452731;5:
> > 2533274837720524;3:
> > I’d say none. I can do terrible and place 6 wins and 4 losses and still get Diamond rank on two playlists. TWO! (Mind you those are the only playlists I’ve played and ranked) Ranking is beyond broken.
>
>
> its soooooo broken. They need to bring back the old ranks plz lol

Yes it’s so broke. It’s painful for the people like me as well. None of my friends got Halo 5 as quick as me playing with Randoms on Breakout is horrible I could be doing really good and I get betrayed or my team mates just get killed.
#ChangeHalo5RankSystem

Rankling needs a little tweaking if you ask me. I won 3/10 times in FFA and went positive by +3-10 and got ranked Onyx!

> 2533274849023789;10:
> Rankling needs a little tweaking if you ask me. I won 3/10 times in FFA and went positive by +3-10 and got ranked Onyx!

I’m fairly certain everyone is Onyx in FFA and ranking is purely based off CSR

I don’t understand how it works once you actually get ranked. Is it just wins and how would you move up or down

It is hard to say as the ranking system is in shambles at the moment.

I played my 10 qualifying Slayer matches solo and it was dreadful; I have not been so angry at a game since Black Ops 1. I could detail on why playing solo Arena is currently terrible with regards to the gameplay mechanics and playlists, but that is for another time.

Anyways I won 8/10 of those games, with a few DNF’s and I was placed into Diamond.

I then played the remainder of my 8 qualifying Team Arena matches with a 4 player party, and did considerably better than when playing solo and had a much better K/D. I think out of the 10 qualifying matches, I won 7 or 8 and was placed into Platinum.

Ranking is pearly based off wins you can get carried into platinum and have a k/d of .3 so they need to add deranking because a lot of people don’t get the concept of some of the matchmaking or definitely lack in skill average players should rank silver or gold I wanna see a bar that shows how many are in each category so I can see how others are ranked I won a single free for all got onyx started plat grinder to diamond on arena wasn’t hard but met some terrible players on the grind who were clearly not plat players diamond seems more consistent though

> 2533274837720524;3:

I managed a diamond in shotty snipers, and you can check my service record to see just about how much I deserved that rank.

Since my rank will go down when I lose a game that is 2v4 or whatever, I really don’t care about it.

> 2533274837720524;3:

I thought this too, but then I realized that I would carry hard vs Gold/Plat players, and have “off” games vs Onyx guys. Eventually I was placed in Onyx, and it just felt like I was playing bad, but in reality I was just playing normally vs players of similar skill. You can’t -Yoink- on Onyx players all day like you can vs other ranks.

I remember doing my placement matches thinking, -Yoink- I’m playing like -Yoink-; only to look at who I was playing against after the game and realize it was all Onyx dudes.

I think the breakdown is:

Silver = New Player/Casual
Gold = Average Player
Plat = Above Average
Diamond = Skilled
Onyx = Very Skilled
Champion = Top 200 (Obvious)

I’ve also noticed that not every Playlist is as competitive as others, for ex., it seems easier to rank up in SWAT than it does in Team Arena. Team Arena, Team Slayer, and FFA seem like the most competitive Playlists to me.

I don’t know about that. I tried to get ranked in one playlist, lost most of the matches and have a 0.2 K/D ratio. Supposedly the people I was playing were silvers, but I was ranked gold after 10 matches. It didn’t and doesn’t feel very balanced to me.

Yeah I just played slayer, won 9 out of 10 games with a KD above 1.5 every game. And I’m platinum level 2.

> 2533274813699427;19:
> Yeah I just played slayer, won 9 out of 10 games with a KD above 1.5 every game. And I’m platinum level 2.

You were probably playing against platinum and gold and lost your game to diamond. The placement matches look at more than wins and losses. People who complain always seem to say they were placed lower than they “should” be