What problem do people have with Throwdown?

I’m not meaning this in a negative way I am legitimately curious.

People talk a lot about wanting classic gameplay and Team Throwdown is pretty close.

It has no AA, no PO (other than AA that really don’t do much and you lose it after 1 death), on map spawns, Everyone starts on equal footing, it has some really good forge maps and a good mix of gametypes.

I’m just curious because I love the playlist and it seems to have a lot of what people ask for yet it is one of the most unpopulated playlists why is that?

Most of us dont have a team, going solo is suicide.

The issues I’ve seen are:

Deluxe settings
Non-BR only starts
Ordnance (makes no sense to me since they’re only AAs)

I’ll probably get flamed for this but I am not too keen on BR starts.
I prefer AR/Magnum with precision and power weapons on the map, map movement is much better with this set up IMO.
So that’s my reasoning anyway.

People don’t want to give it a try, people want AR starts for some insane reason, or people love radar and can’t adapt to radar being gone.

There is the legitimate argument of “you need a team” though.

Solo in that playlist is not fun at all, and I personally hate deluxe settings.

> Solo in that playlist is not fun at all, and I personally hate deluxe settings.

I don’t like Deluxe either and maybe I’m lucky but it almost NEVER wins I can’t remember the last time I did Deluxe. It would seem others don’t like it as well

It’s MLG not classic. Which is fine, it’s just not what I’m looking for.

Things I don’t like:
No radar
No vehicle play
All arena style maps
No secondary weapons
I would like the voting option for classic AR starts
Sprint (I can handle it, I just would prefer if I don’t have to.)
PO and AA are still there unless they changed it in V3
Too competitive (I like competitive sometimes, but I miss plane Jane social slayer)
Oh yes, and playing solo usually sucks

I’m not saying throwdown should change. Throwdown is the Pro playlist and it should stay that way, but I’d like a classic playlist or at least a social playlist that is less infinity-y.

Hopefully legendary will fill that void, but I have my doubts.

> It’s MLG not classic. Which is fine, it’s just not what I’m looking for.
>
> Things I don’t like:
> No radar
> No vehicle play
> All arena style maps
> No secondary weapons
> I would like the voting option for classic AR starts
> Sprint (I can handle it, I just would prefer if I don’t have to.)
> PO and AA are still there unless they changed it in V3
> Too competitive (I like competitive sometimes, but I miss plane Jane social slayer)
> Oh yes, and playing solo usually sucks
>
> I’m not saying throwdown should change. Throwdown is the Pro playlist and it should stay that way, but I’d like a classic playlist or at least a social playlist that is less infinity-y.
>
> Hopefully legendary will fill that void, but I have my doubts.

I suppose that makes since. I’ve always thought MLG settings were the best. Team Hardcore in Halo 2, MLG in 3 and Reach. so I didn’t think of that.

My main issue is not having a team. Also I am a fairly average player so being a random the team I get put with would undoubtedly not appreciate that.

I really want to though. I just need to suck it up and do it already. It’s the only way I’ll get better.

Do you happen to have a list of the maps, and where I can download the settings. I’d like to check out the maps a bit first.

> > Solo in that playlist is not fun at all, and I personally hate deluxe settings.
>
> I don’t like Deluxe either and maybe I’m lucky but it almost NEVER wins I can’t remember the last time I did Deluxe. It would seem others don’t like it as well

Just the potential of them settings getting picked is off putting. When they put in pro settings I still wont touch the playlist. 1 loadout or bust for me, sadly.

> People don’t want to give it a try, people want AR starts for some insane reason, or people love radar and can’t adapt to radar being gone.
>
> There is the legitimate argument of “you need a team” though.

Please don’t say “adapt.” If we are going down that road we might a say everyone should adapt to infinity and we should have no other voting options or playlists. Some people don’t like infinity bull crap, and some people aren’t into competitive settings, that doesn’t mean they should have to adapt, especially because traditionally there has always been 3 versions of 4v4 slayer at least. Social, Team, and MLG. And you have to admit infinity slayer and throwdown are much further apart than Halo 3 Social and competitive slayers ever were.

I’ve never been a huge fan of MLG settings. MLG =/= classic. The low population just leads to horribly uneven games. We either end up destroying the other team or get destroyed. Usually the latter. Either way a classic playlist would have maybe 1,000 people playing it.

> It’s MLG not classic. Which is fine, it’s just not what I’m looking for.

Basically that.

> I’ll probably get flamed for this but I am not too keen on BR starts.
> I prefer AR/Magnum with precision and power weapons on the map, map movement is much better with this set up IMO.
> So that’s my reasoning anyway.

this.

I don’t like it because I fail to see how having no motion tracker is in anyway competitive.

whoops double post

> I don’t like it because I fail to see how having no motion tracker is in anyway competitive.

Relying on communication for enemy locations?
Being able to move around stealthfully without having to crouch walk 24/7?
Being forced to actually pay attention to your surroundings?

> I don’t like it because I fail to see how having no motion tracker is in anyway competitive.

For players who roll with a team, it enforces communication. For solo players, not as much. It makes you check every corner and throw your back to a wall whenever possible, but its’ also given me plenty of easy kills.

I have no problem unless i am with some sort of formed team. If you go in alone, you will get crushed.