What other elements beside cod stuff could make it not halo 3.5?

I have seen quite many threads complainging about Halo 4 containing COD elements.
They say Halo is losing core gameplay.

So I wonder what those complainers have in sleeves that can make Halo 4 much less like Halo 3.5? Can you suggest an idea beside “Improve graphic and leave gameplay untouched. Few tweaks here and there.”

Wait, since when did Halo 4 get killstreaks? That’s the only real element that CoD can claim?

Oh you mean sprint,loadouts and what not? Stuff that existed before CoD and Halo, but the babies on these forums that have only been gaming for a few year associate everything a shooter has with either Halo or CoD?

If the argument is that because it existed before it was popularized in the respective game, then you have no argument. Many of the innovations in FPS games have been recycled for 10 years or so now. Go look at pre-Halo 1 material, it is remarkable in that it looks so much like H3 and Reach.

But these games are branding a type of play style and have built those things in. Those two series you listed are great leaders in their fields or were. Right now it appears COD style gameplay is becomign the only choice.

That because Halo was at first a 3rd person shooter that GoW is a Halo rip off?

No you would say that games popularized that styles and built it into what we know.

> Wait, since when did Halo 4 get killstreaks? That’s the only real element that CoD can claim?
>
> Oh you mean sprint,loadouts and what not? Stuff that existed before CoD and Halo, but the babies on these forums that have only been gaming for a few year associate everything a shooter has with either Halo or CoD?

I am just playing on the same ground as those complainers. I am very well aware of where each gameplay element started and which game actually popularized and standardized them.

I know it is inevitable that each new game(especially shooter) has to have stepping stone to start with. But too much rehash(Main reason people hate COD) would kill the franchise as you sickeningly heard about it.