What, or who is the weapon?

I’ve been seeing a few videos on youtube, and I saw a lot of photos, but I’m curious. Who, or what is The Weapon Ai?

From what we can piece together, she’s a Cortana lookalike created by Halsey (from the data Blue Team collected in Shadows of Reach) to take the original Cortana down. I’m not sure how the Weapon impersonating her would do that, but I can’t wait to get a full explanation in the final game.

> 2535452594568847;1:
> I’ve been seeing a few videos on youtube, and I saw a lot of photos, but I’m curious. Who, or what is The Weapon Ai?

An ai made from

One or more of the cloned halsey brains recovered by blue team on reach and possibly the other asset. Appears to be limited in function and has not been humanised like cortana was due to her purpose.

I feel at that point in the story we saw, it’s really Cortana impersonating the impersonator. Cor-two-na (as I call her), did her job, was deleted, but the original Cortana took over with all the knowledge of Cor-two-na to trick the Chief into a new mission. Then Chief will catch some slips of the disguise and make remarks about the situation, only for Cor-two-na to deny it even happened.

Then after her success of control of the ring, her voice will deepen into the Didact. He’ll explain to Chief everything that really happened between Halo 4 and Infinite, and the truth of Cortana’s evil. All a manipulation act of revenge against humanity.

But this is all a theory. Not a well crafted one, but one to have an understanding. I just want the Didact to be relevant like the original plan before everything was changed.

> 2533274919781308;4:
> I feel at that point in the story we saw, it’s really Cortana impersonating the impersonator. Cor-two-na (as I call her), did her job, was deleted, but the original Cortana took over with all the knowledge of Cor-two-na to trick the Chief into a new mission. Then Chief will catch some slips of the disguise and make remarks about the situation, only for Cor-two-na to deny it even happened.
>
> Then after her success of control of the ring, her voice will deepen into the Didact. He’ll explain to Chief everything that really happened between Halo 4 and Infinite, and the truth of Cortana’s evil. All a manipulation act of revenge against humanity.
>
> But this is all a theory. Not a well crafted one, but one to have an understanding. I just want the Didact to be relevant like the original plan before everything was changed.

More likely I think that the two merged into one, with original Cortana being “locked away” in her code. There was some hidden dialogue at the end of the Discover Hope trailer that gives me the impression we will be “unlocking” memories or pieces of Cortana. It will likely be one of the collectables in the open world to reward exploration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5egBwJhQNPU

> 2806037446402987;5:
> > 2533274919781308;4:
> > I feel at that point in the story we saw, it’s really Cortana impersonating the impersonator. Cor-two-na (as I call her), did her job, was deleted, but the original Cortana took over with all the knowledge of Cor-two-na to trick the Chief into a new mission. Then Chief will catch some slips of the disguise and make remarks about the situation, only for Cor-two-na to deny it even happened.
> >
> > Then after her success of control of the ring, her voice will deepen into the Didact. He’ll explain to Chief everything that really happened between Halo 4 and Infinite, and the truth of Cortana’s evil. All a manipulation act of revenge against humanity.
> >
> > But this is all a theory. Not a well crafted one, but one to have an understanding. I just want the Didact to be relevant like the original plan before everything was changed.
>
> More likely I think that the two merged into one, with original Cortana being “locked away” in her code. There was some hidden dialogue at the end of the Discover Hope trailer that gives me the impression we will be “unlocking” memories or pieces of Cortana. It will likely be one of the collectables in the open world to reward exploration.
>
> SECRET HALO INFINITE Cortana Audio DISCOVERED! - YouTube

This is what I’m thinking as well.

We’ll be lead to believe the Weapon is a brand new AI, and then come across instances where she’ll interface with Forerunner tech but will be surprised. “How did I know to do that?” Given that Cortana is “gone” but the Weapon was not deleted, Cortana likely prevented such deletion and is in the Weapon now.

I don’t think they could just get rid of the original Cortana and simply replace her with a look alike. I also don’t think they could just give us back the original Cortana but she’s had a change of heart.

By the end we’ll see that our (fallen but now redeemed after helping us save the Galaxy… again) good buddy was with us the whole time. It just took her a minute to get there.

> 2535411993815954;2:
> From what we can piece together, she’s a Cortana lookalike created by Halsey (from the data Blue Team collected in Shadows of Reach) to take the original Cortana down. I’m not sure how the Weapon impersonating her would do that, but I can’t wait to get a full explanation in the final game.

What makes you think she is impersonating her?
They are sisters made from identical neural pathways so it only makes sense she would be similar to cortana.
Unlike the oldest of the halsey AI cortwona is made from the same culture of cloned brains as the cortana model AI so she would assuredly share lots with cortana. Not the first time I’ve seen it mentioned so I’m wondering where this thought process originated.

> 2533274919781308;4:
> I feel at that point in the story we saw, it’s really Cortana impersonating the impersonator. Cor-two-na (as I call her), did her job, was deleted, but the original Cortana took over with all the knowledge of Cor-two-na to trick the Chief into a new mission. Then Chief will catch some slips of the disguise and make remarks about the situation, only for Cor-two-na to deny it even happened.
>
> Then after her success of control of the ring, her voice will deepen into the Didact. He’ll explain to Chief everything that really happened between Halo 4 and Infinite, and the truth of Cortana’s evil. All a manipulation act of revenge against humanity.
>
> But this is all a theory. Not a well crafted one, but one to have an understanding. I just want the Didact to be relevant like the original plan before everything was changed.

I don’t know about all the Didact stuff, but I agree that the Weapon is actually Cortana in disguise. She’ll drop an old quote and get found out.

> 2535411919953126;7:
> What makes you think she is impersonating her?

From the Weapon herself in the cinematic teaser:

> My instructions were to enter this installation, imitate Cortana, and lock her down for retrieval.

Not sure what strategy she’s gonna use to capture Cortana while impersonating her, but I’m excited to find out!

> 2535411993815954;9:
> > 2535411919953126;7:
> > What makes you think she is impersonating her?
>
> From the Weapon herself in the cinematic teaser:
>
>
> > My instructions were to enter this installation, imitate Cortana, and lock her down for retrieval.
>
> Not sure what strategy she’s gonna use to capture Cortana while impersonating her, but I’m excited to find out!

Ah I see I took you to mean in appearance and personality.
I’m assuming she’s imitating her in the same mannar as cortana did the system of 04 when she relieved the index essentially putting her in sparks position for the final 2 missions of CE.

> 2535411919953126;7:
> > 2535411993815954;2:
> > From what we can piece together, she’s a Cortana lookalike created by Halsey (from the data Blue Team collected in Shadows of Reach) to take the original Cortana down. I’m not sure how the Weapon impersonating her would do that, but I can’t wait to get a full explanation in the final game.
>
> What makes you think she is impersonating her?
> They are sisters made from identical neural pathways so it only makes sense she would be similar to cortana.
> Unlike the oldest of the halsey AI cortwona is made from the same culture of cloned brains as the cortana model AI so she would assuredly share lots with cortana. Not the first time I’ve seen it mentioned so I’m wondering where this thought process originated.

The Weapon herself states that impersonation was her mission. Go back and rewatch the trailer :slight_smile:

Something from Shadows of Reach, but I haven’t read that in a while so idk.

IDk probably some prototype cortana or another model that came after. Which would explain why she isn’t stacked like the H4 model. (ah modern day feminism attacks videogames XD at least she pretty. Ill take that any day of the week. Cough Cough Last of us 2)

> 2533274882898126;11:
> > 2535411919953126;7:
> > > 2535411993815954;2:
> > > From what we can piece together, she’s a Cortana lookalike created by Halsey (from the data Blue Team collected in Shadows of Reach) to take the original Cortana down. I’m not sure how the Weapon impersonating her would do that, but I can’t wait to get a full explanation in the final game.
> >
> > What makes you think she is impersonating her?
> > They are sisters made from identical neural pathways so it only makes sense she would be similar to cortana.
> > Unlike the oldest of the halsey AI cortwona is made from the same culture of cloned brains as the cortana model AI so she would assuredly share lots with cortana. Not the first time I’ve seen it mentioned so I’m wondering where this thought process originated.
>
> The Weapon herself states that impersonation was her mission. Go back and rewatch the trailer :slight_smile:

Yeah haha we covered that in the message directly above yours haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

> 2535411919953126;14:
> > 2533274882898126;11:
> > > 2535411919953126;7:
> > > > 2535411993815954;2:
> > > > From what we can piece together, she’s a Cortana lookalike created by Halsey (from the data Blue Team collected in Shadows of Reach) to take the original Cortana down. I’m not sure how the Weapon impersonating her would do that, but I can’t wait to get a full explanation in the final game.
> > >
> > > What makes you think she is impersonating her?
> > > They are sisters made from identical neural pathways so it only makes sense she would be similar to cortana.
> > > Unlike the oldest of the halsey AI cortwona is made from the same culture of cloned brains as the cortana model AI so she would assuredly share lots with cortana. Not the first time I’ve seen it mentioned so I’m wondering where this thought process originated.
> >
> > The Weapon herself states that impersonation was her mission. Go back and rewatch the trailer :slight_smile:
>
> Yeah haha we covered that in the message directly above yours haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My bad lol

Is an Ai Made to imitate Cortana until her destruction… Or that’s what I believe