WHAT? No More Rendering?!

Why can we no longer render films? Is there actually a way, or does Waypoint not have that option?

The technology was never part of the in-game package, it was coded by Bungie for use optionally on Bungie.net, so it wasn’t required to hand over in the transfer.

343i simply don’t have the time or resources to remake it from scratch for Halo 3, ODST & Reach.

Waypoint at this time does not have the option.

As of right now, Halo Waypoint doesn’t have that option. Hopefully, we’ll be seeing it in the future.

I know most of you will be like Reach but when I go to the website and view my fileshare on there, it has a rendered films area. And what I’m basicly asking is how do i render films with halo waypoint?

> I know most of you will be like Reach but when I go to the website and view my fileshare on there, it has a rendered films area. And what I’m basicly asking is how do i render films with halo waypoint?

In case you didn’t read OP or title. You can’t, as Little Moa pointed out, Rendering films was not a part of in game coding, and it was not handed over to 343i in March, and right now Full list of Halo 4 Features including film rendering(?) vs Render Films for Reach, Halo 4 and it’s features are high priority. Which this close to Halo 4’s release, and this late in Reach’s life, that’s how things should be.

> I know most of you will be like Reach but when I go to the website and view my fileshare on there, it has a rendered films area. And what I’m basicly asking is how do i render films with halo waypoint?

The tab on the Waypoint File Share that says Rendered Films is a collection of all the previously rendered films from Bungie.net that are currently on your file share.

I understand that I can no longer render films, but does this mean that I also cannot download the videos that I rendered previously? As of how, when I try to, it says that there is ‘a problem with my network’ and that I should check my connection. I can’t imagine what would be wrong.

I’d rather not make a whole new topic for this unless I have to, so if someone can let me know here, I’d be eternally grateful :slight_smile: Thanks!

> I understand that I can no longer render films, but does this mean that I also cannot download the videos that I rendered previously? As of how, when I try to, it says that there is ‘a problem with my network’ and that I should check my connection. I can’t imagine what would be wrong.
>
> I’d rather not make a whole new topic for this unless I have to, so if someone can let me know here, I’d be eternally grateful :slight_smile: Thanks!

I believe downloading previously rendered videos should work fine, as for watching them, that’s an issue for everyone I believe and the web team is aware of it too to my knowledge.

I cannot download them, either. I get another error message. But thanks - at least I know then that it’s me, and not a universal issue. Thanks!