What new stats should be introduced?

Halo 5, in my opinion, has the best post carnage stat page in any Halo game. They implemented the “damage given” stat which is very useful for me because it shows how many shots you were landing on the enemy. Accuracy is also a good stat depending on the gametype and gives you an idea of how many shots your hitting or wasting. However, I still think there could be more added.

A stat that keeps track of how many times you drop an enemy’s shields would be very useful. There are many games where I’ll drop an enemy’s shields constantly yet my team will never get the clean ups because of camping or just poor map movement. So all the people out there who care only about KD can be proven wrong once again that they were being ineffective in a game, even if they have a decent KD.

Having the “damage given” stat helps determine who in the game was actually participating the most in the match and not just getting lucky spawns and cleaning up other people’s kills, and the “shield’s dropped” stat could also be used to determine who was really putting in the work in the match and who was just chillin’ and waiting for their teammates to do all the damage.

Another very useful stat would be how much team damage or team kills you inflict. There’s always those people in your match who are completely oblivious to how often they team nade you or shoot you in the back and even at times give the enemy a kill they shouldn’t have gotten. I’ve had many games where 5 or 6 of my deaths are caused by my team, yet the game only lists it as an enemy kill, so the person feels at liberty to say they did nothing wrong. If the post carnage report listed how much damage each person inflicted on their team and how many times they accidentally killed their teammates, that would be great. It would also be a useful tool to determine if that person is purposely team killing or team damaging. If the team damage is at an unprecedented level (such as purposely dropping a team’s shields over and over) that could be hard evidence to put that person on a ban.

Both really good suggestions

Not a player stat, but a players stat: I think they should bring back the population counter. It’d help allow players to estimate times for finding matches in certain playlists.

And if they don’t want to reveal the games population if it’s poor. A simple percentage of the whole for each playlist would be nice. Doesn’t have to reveal total population counts, or any population counts for that matter.

Both are good suggestions. I like your second one a lot especially since it’s annoying as hell when you’re trying to attack the other team and you get shot a couple times by your teammate. What could have been a no-risk kill turns into something a bit more hairy.

> 2535448062173159;1:
> Halo 5, in my opinion, has the best post carnage stat page in any Halo game. They implemented the “damage given” stat which is very useful for me because it shows how many shots you were landing on the enemy. Accuracy is also a good stat depending on the gametype and gives you an idea of how many shots your hitting or wasting. However, I still think there could be more added.
>
> A stat that keeps track of how many times you drop an enemy’s shields would be very useful. There are many games where I’ll drop an enemy’s shields constantly yet my team will never get the clean ups because of camping or just poor map movement. So all the people out there who care only about KD can be proven wrong once again that they were being ineffective in a game, even if they have a decent KD.
>
> Having the “damage given” stat helps determine who in the game was actually participating the most in the match and not just getting lucky spawns and cleaning up other people’s kills, and the “shield’s dropped” stat could also be used to determine who was really putting in the work in the match and who was just chillin’ and waiting for their teammates to do all the damage.
>
> Another very useful stat would be how much team damage or team kills you inflict. There’s always those people in your match who are completely oblivious to how often they team nade you or shoot you in the back and even at times give the enemy a kill they shouldn’t have gotten. I’ve had many games where 5 or 6 of my deaths are caused by my team, yet the game only lists it as an enemy kill, so the person feels at liberty to say they did nothing wrong. If the post carnage report listed how much damage each person inflicted on their team and how many times they accidentally killed their teammates, that would be great. It would also be a useful tool to determine if that person is purposely team killing or team damaging. If the team damage is at an unprecedented level (such as purposely dropping a team’s shields over and over) that could be hard evidence to put that person on a ban.

As far as new stats go, these are a good idea. Not much else they could add as stats that I can think of right off the top of my head

The one thing they need to bring back is MVP. Show the spartan off to the side like they did in Halo 3 who did the best in whatever game type. And add an MVP medal in the game. That medal being earned will directly show how good you play on a consistent basis, whether that being Slayer, objective types, or both

I would like to be able to see how I did against every other player. What I mean is how many times I killed a player and how many times they killed me. H5 had something like this by showing who you killed most and who killed you most, but I would like to be able to select the stats from anyone in the match

I would like Heatmaps for kills and deaths, and a general population counter either posted on Waypoint or in game.

> 2535448062173159;1:
> There are many games where I’ll drop an enemy’s shields constantly yet my team will never get the clean ups because of camping or just poor map movement.

This happens to me all the time lol.

I honestly want a stat for damage received by teammates and damage done to teammates. I feel like some sort of tracking for this can help with assisting in banning griefing teammates for betraying friendlies.

I really like the Recap section of the post carnage report, and hope we get at least that level of information again in Halo Infinite. Seeing the XP progress as well as the breakdown of what contributed to the total is great.

> 2533274827321356;5:
> > 2535448062173159;1:
> >
>
> As far as new stats go, these are a good idea. Not much else they could add as stats that I can think of right off the top of my head
>
> The one thing they need to bring back is MVP. Show the spartan off to the side like they did in Halo 3 who did the best in whatever game type. And add an MVP medal in the game. That medal being earned will directly show how good you play on a consistent basis, whether that being Slayer, objective types, or both

I agree, but the problem with Halo 3’s MVP system was that the MVP wasn’t always all that valuable. I played a game a couple weeks ago where this dude was talking mad smack on my KD in a game just because he got 26 kills. Obviously he didn’t get all those kills alone and me and some other guy on the team both got over 12 assists each, while the guy who got 26 kills got like 4 assists. Of course cleaning up kills and taking advantage of lucky spawns is valuable, but in this case was he the most valuable player? Not at all. Without supportive players like me, people like him would never get such high kill counts, so I think it’s inaccurate to give the MVP award to a dude who’s success relies on other teammates. That may have been why they took out the feature in the first place. I would like to see it return tho.

Creating an accurate MVP system would be tough for Halo considering all that goes into the match. Factors to consider would be: Kills, deaths, assists, damage given, accuracy, shield drops, teammate damage and kills, objective time and contribution, medals, and more. It would be tough, but I’m sure some smart person could find a way to tie it all together.

> 2533274794684102;6:
> I would like to be able to see how I did against every other player. What I mean is how many times I killed a player and how many times they killed me. H5 had something like this by showing who you killed most and who killed you most, but I would like to be able to select the stats from anyone in the match

I agree. I’ve also been curious about that before too. I think it would be helpful tool to see how you pitch against certain players and play styles. I’d take it even a step further and list how each kill played out. TTK, amount and type of shots, melee, weapon used, etc. It would be a great way to evaluate yourself and other’s performance. Let’s say you get killed like 5 times by one person with a sniper, and 3 out of those 5 shots were headshots. You could use that info to educate yourself on why you got sniped on that map from that player and then think twice next time you repeat the same mistakes.

> 2533274823470699;7:
> I would like Heatmaps for kills and deaths, and a general population counter either posted on Waypoint or in game.

I totally agree. I’m no programmer or dev, but I’m gonna take a wild guess and assume they have heat maps for their research and use them as guides to modify maps to create better balanced experiences. I see no reason why the player shouldn’t have access to his/her own use as well. Either that, or it’d just be another cool thing to look at. hah.