What new gametypes could appear in H4?

Create a gametype!

All I can think of is a Cops n Robbers gametype. 343 would have to do something so people HAD to follow the rules.
Maybe a Headhunter/Stockpile. A three team game(Reds, Blues, Zombies) where you kill zombies for flaming skulls to place in your Stockpile.

Can’t think of anything new but I wouldn’t mind seeing tug-of-war making a comeback (and in more than just action sack).

> Can’t think of anything new but I wouldn’t mind seeing tug-of-war making a comeback (and in more than just action sack).

I want too see Sumo come back, That was by far my favourite Action Sack game type

Normal Multiplayer
Custom Colours:
This can be any team based game. Players retain their own colours rather than having team colours. An icon above the player denotes which team they are on. It is not to replace Red vs Blue, it is merely an alternative. In this gametype, players will have to be a little more careful as it will be easier to mistake their team mates as enemies.

Ghost Juggernaut:
The Juggernaut has unlimited active camo that remains active throughout the game. He has a radar and unlimited ammo, the other players do not. The active camo, radar and unlimited ammo are his only advantages. All health, speed etc remains the same. To do well the Juggernaut will have to be extra clever to avoid detection and get as many kills. While he hunts the other players, they hunt him.

Ghost Juggernaut Elimination:
Based on the above gametype but each player has a set of lives and once they loose all, they are out of the game. Each player has ten lives, the Juggernaut has 15. In this version of Juggernaut, the Juggernaut is the same player throughout the entire game. Points are awarded to the Juggernaut when he kills an opponent. Multiple points are awarded if another player kills the Juggernaut, the exact number of points will vary depending on the number of players.

Firefight
Basically I want two “new” (but not really) gametypes. One is the ODST firefight where you have a limited number of weapons at a spawn point and it’s a much more “survive against the odds” game. I’d also like the Reach firefights (both with AND without loadouts). Reach’s firefight was good for some mindless and I’d like to see it return alongside a more difficult, survival based firefight.

New Mode
This is something that’s been kicking around in my head for a while. It’s a new mode with a few of its own maps (like firefight is to MM). An objective based mode with one small team against a large force of enemies (players can play on this team, similar to Elites in Firefight. The small team could start at a small vehicle base (similar to an elephant) with an array of weapons and eqiupment to choose from. The small team has to capture the larger teams outposts, moving towards a larger base where they have to penetrate the defences and capture the base, winning the game. The larger team would be made up of bots by default but, like Reach Firefight, you could choose to play among their ranks. They could have a few different maps, maybe with different enemies on a couple.

First they have to bring back the gametypes from Halo 3 …still don’t know why Bungie cut VIP.

It’s not really a gametype but more of an underlying system that could be implemented with any gametype. Let’s call the idea:

CORE CAPTURE

Enemy corpses can be walked over to obtain that enemy’s “core”. Cores are used to power items on the map like shield doors, energy bridges, turrets, mancannons, grav lifts, teleporters, and other power-requiring elements of the map.

Walking over a core automatically picks it up like a grenade. Carrying cores does not affect you in any way besides displaying the number of cores you currently have on your HUD.

Enemies drop one core regardless of how many they were carrying. The only way to take all the cores an enemy was carrying is to Assassinate him.

Custom game options could allow for modifiers based on the number of cores you are carrying. 1 core = 1/5 OS. 1 core = -1% movement speed. 5 cores = gain Active Camo but lose Radar.

Another option is to disable walkover. As soon as you kill an enemy you immediately have their power core.

I always loved the interactive maps of Halo 2 with switches and moving parts. Imagine YOU turning the wheel on Zanzibar on.

> New Mode
> This is something that’s been kicking around in my head for a while. It’s a new mode with a few of its own maps (like firefight is to MM). An objective based mode with one small team against a large force of enemies (players can play on this team, similar to Elites in Firefight. The small team could start at a small vehicle base (similar to an elephant) with an array of weapons and eqiupment to choose from. The small team has to capture the larger teams outposts, moving towards a larger base where they have to penetrate the defences and capture the base, winning the game. The larger team would be made up of bots by default but, like Reach Firefight, you could choose to play among their ranks. They could have a few different maps, maybe with different enemies on a couple.

Makes me think of Star Wars Battlefront. Would <3 a SWBF gametype!!! :3

Monitor- Basically Juggernaut just with the Jugger becoming a monitor (that has access to the laser beam) but also doesn’t have shields and far away and high locations are blocked up using Halo: Reach-like 10 second kill barriers that stack.

Assassin- A combination of Juggernaut with VIP, where one assassin that is invisible, has extra shields and is using an unlimited ammo sniper and shotgun has to hunt down the VIP while the rest need to defend him.

Generator Defense- it was awesome, bring it back.

Artifact- Two teams need to get an artifact (which is placed in a tight spot so that the fight for it will be long). After one team captures it and places it in its base (on an “amplification machine”), they all have x2 overshields (or some other bonus, overshields seem overpowered). Then it becomes a slayer match (100 points to win). The artifact can, at any time, be moved to the other base- and then the other team will get the bonus. When holding the artifact, a player would get x3 recharging overshields, will significantly faster, will jump higher and will be able to 1-hit-kill with melee (to make it possible to steal the artifact from the enemy base).
EDIT: The bonus will only be applied to team members that are near the base, to avoid spawn camping.

Infiltration- one team with infinite lives must infiltrate a highly armed (rockets, snipers, shotguns, other heavy weapons) enemy base and capture a certain territory.After they capture the territory, they need to kill all the enemy inhabitants (the enemy team each has 5 lives). There are two rounds to this gametype, to switch positions.

Flood- Infection just with flood (|beginning with two or three flood infection forms and when you kill someone you become a combat form and he becomes another infection form. Simple.

Just brainstorming.