What NEW do you want to see in H4?

There are too many “Bring this Back” threads that have the title what do you want to see in Halo 4.

NEW NEW NEW! Visit the OLD in a Retirement home!!

Most everyone on the site is completely against AA’s, bloom, it being a CoD clone, etc. What are some new things that Have Not Been Introduced to the Halo Series that you think would be a good addition. Please don’t bring in stuff from other FPS games. Ideas for new Equipment/Abilities, stuff like that. CE:A is already done. So i’m sure they have their team already starting on certain parts of the game. Tho i’m not sure which is started on or completed first…(SP or MP). Most of you are fairly intelligent and above the age of 10.

Here’s a list of things I would enjoy to see in Halo 4:

New Grenades: Concussion, Caldrop/Spikes

Weapons: New Covvy/Forerunner weapons that beats the pants off what we have thus far. Maybe the UNSC got a hold of some Forerunner schematics and developed a new weapon… JUST For John to use…

A Falcon with a machine gun like in Reach’s SP.

More gore. I don’t mean like Resident Evil, but If i hit a grunt with a Rocket Launcher, i should see at least a few grunty tidbits go flying…

Jumping high is one thing, sprint is another. Jetpack isn’t my forte. Camo makes the game slow(even tho i <3 it), Hologram and Evade should be left to Covvy. Wouldn’t mind a short zipline, or even the ability to grab a hold of the edge of a cliff if my knees come up to it. Things to speed up gameplay in both Firefight and MM.

What about misc weapons? Movable objects? “I ran out of ammo and beat that elite to death with a tack hammer I found in the shed that he cornered me in” scenario and I don’t mean a cut scene. I don’t want Realism. I want brutal, funny, snarky MC Comments.

How about taunting to replace Tea bagging? Which I found out is a form of sexual harassment…(if you don’t believe me contact an XBL Rep lol anyway…)

A New Ranking system that doesn’t involve Credits, or 1-50(100?) and doesn’t down rank me for one bad game.

Thats just a start, you guys and gals add to it :slight_smile:

Edit: Just saw on another discussion about CoD XP having a zipline. Oh well. Scratch that!

Very good and original ideas, but Taunting? lolwut.

And I like cR… :frowning: but I agree that the ranking system should determine your overall skill, I would like to see them both side by side.

To be frank I don’t really want any new big features, but I would not mind small and new features added to future Halos. To be honest I would just like to have Halo 2 back. The awesome maps and the new and exciting multiplayer.

But I am excited to see what 343 brings to the table and I can’t wait for Halo 4. And I(for some reason) believe that Halo 4 will be the best(at least multiplayer wise) Halo to date.

I want it to go back to how the old trilogy used to be… that’s the NEW i want.

> Very good and original ideas, but Taunting? lolwut.
>
> And I like cR… :frowning: but I agree that the ranking system should determine your overall skill, I would like to see them both side by side.

lol you ever play Unreal Tournament and when you hear someone get killed, you hear the CPU Talk smack? like “Aw I see your face on the wall” or something wacky like that.

> To be frank I don’t really want any new big features, but I would not mind small and new features added to future Halos. To be honest I would just like to have Halo 2 back. The awesome maps and the new and exciting multiplayer.
>
> But I am excited to see what 343 brings to the table and I can’t wait for Halo 4. And I(for some reason) believe that Halo 4 will be the best(at least multiplayer wise) Halo to date.

Honestly i’m sure they will have a Halo 2 remake after they make Halo 4. It’s money. People WILL buy it for prettier graphics and achievements.

More Sentinels (expand on the ones from Halo Wars and Legends, as well as the ones from the novels).
More Forerunner weaponry, like the weapon from Legends, plus plenty of other stuff.
A corrupt/rampant AI in the form of Cortana. As the trilogy continues, have her descending into rampancy, making her go crazier and crazier each step of the way, to the point where maybe she even “dies” (Would make a great character arc for the Chief.

> I want it to go back to how the old trilogy used to be… that’s the NEW i want.

So youre one of those peoples who likes to sit and play old games all day long and get bored with the same thing over and over again… k.

Any game, not just Halo, always has a chance of getting stale.

So no new weapons, equipment, enemies, you want just the same H1-H3? lol yea… no.

> More Sentinels (expand on the ones from Halo Wars and Legends, as well as the ones from the novels).
> More Forerunner weaponry, like the weapon from Legends, plus plenty of other stuff.
> A corrupt/rampant AI in the form of Cortana. As the trilogy continues, have her descending into rampancy, making her go crazier and crazier each step of the way, to the point where maybe she even “dies” (Would make a great character arc for the Chief.

Exactly and it could completely change how he Thinks/Acts. Just so long as they don’t change Chief from being a bad -Yoink- protagonist to a nut job lol

I want to see new Flood forms, especially boss Flood forms. I saw in Halo Legends there were these 50 ft tall crab looking things with large arms for attacking people, I want to fight one of them, maybe board it and then shove a plasma in its eye.

> I want to see new Flood forms, especially boss Flood forms. I saw in Halo Legends there were these 50 ft tall crab looking things with large arms for attacking people, I want to fight one of them, maybe board it and then shove a plasma in its eye.

More Flood can be great.

Also, Flood earlier in the game than usual, too. Like, say the FUD gets infested with Flood while Chief is asleep, and he fights his way through a Flood infested ship for the first level before ending up inside the planet. For a while in the game, there is no hint of Flood, until later when BAM! It really hits you, and even scarier than before. Could be very scary, waking up to something like that.

> I want to see new Flood forms, especially boss Flood forms. I saw in Halo Legends there were these 50 ft tall crab looking things with large arms for attacking people, I want to fight one of them, maybe board it and then shove a plasma in its eye.

See that would be awesome. Maybe shove your knife into it’s head to control it for a few seconds as it mows down whole platoon of grunts…

The only BAD ideas are unheard ones.

> > I want to see new Flood forms, especially boss Flood forms. I saw in Halo Legends there were these 50 ft tall crab looking things with large arms for attacking people, I want to fight one of them, maybe board it and then shove a plasma in its eye.
>
> More Flood can be great.
>
> Also, Flood earlier in the game than usual, too. Like, say the FUD gets infested with Flood while Chief is asleep, and he fights his way through a Flood infested ship for the first level before ending up inside the planet. For a while in the game, there is no hint of Flood, until later when BAM! It really hits you, and even scarier than before. Could be very scary, waking up to something like that.

or maybe it’s just a bad dream, and he wakes up to find it’s real… First thing that happens a few steps into the room are the Hatchers(idk what they’re called honestly lol) explode and send hundreds of those little creepy crawlys after you. First time I saw a whole army of the flood coming after me, I won’t lie, I turned tail and ran back for the shotgun a longggg way back LOL

> > I want to see new Flood forms, especially boss Flood forms. I saw in Halo Legends there were these 50 ft tall crab looking things with large arms for attacking people, I want to fight one of them, maybe board it and then shove a plasma in its eye.
>
> See that would be awesome. Maybe shove your knife into it’s head to control it for a few seconds as it mows down whole platoon of grunts…
>
> The only BAD ideas are unheard ones.

Also, Scarabs in multiplayer. I was thinking of this great multiplayer game where covenant forces would have to defend a scarab from attacking spartans. So basically the scarab has spawn system like the Elephant had where as long as someone is driving it, the elite forces will spawn in it. Spartans spawn on another side of the map with tanks, rockets, falcons/hornets, etc. and try to kill the scarab. Scarabs can be destroyed the same way that they were in Halo 3.

> > I want it to go back to how the old trilogy used to be… that’s the NEW i want.
>
> So youre one of those peoples who likes to sit and play old games all day long and get bored with the same thing over and over again… k.
>
> Any game, not just Halo, always has a chance of getting stale.
>
> So no new weapons, equipment, enemies, you want just the same H1-H3? lol yea… no.

no… what im saying is the old style game play, you can add new features without changing the core of what halo really is…