What my local Gamestop's doing for midnight launch

I called them today and asked what they were doing for midnight release. I had called a few weeks prior, but they said to call in the week of release since they would probably know for sure by then. They’re apparently doing something with a videogame truck (I love those) with some small tournaments with all Halo games up to Halo 5 with small prizes up for grabs. Can’t wait, it’s just made me more hyped. Thankfully, my school county has a day off Monday so I can rest up before I head out around midnight. By the way, midnight is 12:01 right? Or is it 11:01? I live on the East Coast of the USA.

Game releases 12am EST.
Also I’m very jelly, my store has never done anything like that 3:

midnight is 12.00 am

I’m hoping my local Gamestop does what it did for the MCC; they were allowed to release it at midnight eastern, and I live in a central time zone, so we got the game an hour early.

If they do this, I’ll probably go. If they don’t, I’ll just wait until Tuesday morning. With the install and such, midnight releases just aren’t worth it anymore.

> 2639833174438509;4:
> I’m hoping my local Gamestop does what it did for the MCC; they were allowed to release it at midnight eastern, and I live in a central time zone, so we got the game an hour early.
>
> If they do this, I’ll probably go. If they don’t, I’ll just wait until Tuesday morning. With the install and such, midnight releases just aren’t worth it anymore.

That is what mine is doing

My store never does anything like that, they just want cash

> 2535408090414310;1:
> I called them today and asked what they were doing for midnight release. I had called a few weeks prior, but they said to call in the week of release since they would probably know for sure by then. They’re apparently doing something with a videogame truck (I love those) with some small tournaments with all Halo games up to Halo 5 with small prizes up for grabs. Can’t wait, it’s just made me more hyped. Thankfully, my school county has a day off Monday so I can rest up before I head out around midnight. By the way, midnight is 12:01 right? Or is it 11:01? I live on the East Coast of the USA.

Nice! Is there a way to check on websites or do we have to call each place?

> 2533274964458234;3:
> midnight is 12.00 am

This is the truth!

I think maybe each store decides when they release it because my Gamestop is releasing the game at 11pm CST which I believe is 9pm PST. Although I think the digital version unlocks 9pm EST? Not entirely sure.

Also

Midnight launch hype

> 2533274912254619;9:
> I think maybe each store decides when they release it because my Gamestop is releasing the game at 11pm CST which I believe is 9pm EST. ALthough I think the digital version unlocks 9pm EST.
>
> Also
>
> Midnight launch hype

11pm CST is midnight EST.

Mine usually buys pizza for everyone along with some type of tournament and raffles.

> 2639833174438509;10:
> > 2533274912254619;9:
> > I think maybe each store decides when they release it because my Gamestop is releasing the game at 11pm CST which I believe is 9pm EST. ALthough I think the digital version unlocks 9pm EST.
> >
> > Also
> >
> > Midnight launch hype
>
>
> 11pm CST is midnight EST.

my bad I mixed up EST and PST you’re right

I wish my Gamestop would do something cool like that.

> 2535408090414310;1:
> I called them today and asked what they were doing for midnight release. I had called a few weeks prior, but they said to call in the week of release since they would probably know for sure by then. They’re apparently doing something with a videogame truck (I love those) with some small tournaments with all Halo games up to Halo 5 with small prizes up for grabs. Can’t wait, it’s just made me more hyped. Thankfully, my school county has a day off Monday so I can rest up before I head out around midnight. By the way, midnight is 12:01 right? Or is it 11:01? I live on the East Coast of the USA.

even though midnight is 12:00 -cant play the game till 12:01 lol

Im going to the launch early to be first in line lol get the heck out of the store first, everyone is going to be downloading the game it probably will take hours or days to download

You live near Orlando OP? That’s the same thing mine is doing

I get to pick mine up at 10pm

I’m in MDT so I get to pick mine up at 10pm as well.

> 2533274847257977;16:
> You live near Orlando OP? That’s the same thing mine is doing

I live in North Carolina but they’re both in the southeast…

> 2533274806480235;7:
> > 2535408090414310;1:
> > I called them today and asked what they were doing for midnight release. I had called a few weeks prior, but they said to call in the week of release since they would probably know for sure by then. They’re apparently doing something with a videogame truck (I love those) with some small tournaments with all Halo games up to Halo 5 with small prizes up for grabs. Can’t wait, it’s just made me more hyped. Thankfully, my school county has a day off Monday so I can rest up before I head out around midnight. By the way, midnight is 12:01 right? Or is it 11:01? I live on the East Coast of the USA.
>
>
> Nice! Is there a way to check on websites or do we have to call each place?

I don’t think you can check on websites, but maybe it updated. I called my local Gamestop.