What must not be in the game

Hello everybody!

I have higher expectations for Halo Wars 2 than those I had for Halo 5 (that were enormous), so, since we saw what 343 did with Halo 5 I’m scared of what 343 can do: here’s a list for them of things that must not be in the game at all.

• Microtransations - Random unlocks - Random Number Generator - Unbalanced design choices - EDIT: Cortana and the CreatedAnd please, be sure the story is awesome! I’m VERY glad we’ve got agian the classic artsyle by the way, please keep it in Halo 6 too!

I’m not asking for much this time I guess, I really hope this game rocks.

Cortana and the Created. Their presence would ultimately ruin what appears to be an excellent story.

> 2533274808386392;2:
> Cortana and the Created. Their presence would ultimately ruin what appears to be an excellent story.

Yes! I’ll edit the main thread! Thanks

Microtransactions have pretty much been confirmed now.

Well, I get the Cortana & the Created comment, but I think it’s likely that’ll be in the game. So, assuming that (maybe it won’t be in), let’s hope that whatever roll Cortana and the Created play, we get more detail that around their motives and doings… in turn, it could help Halo 5’s story… maybe…?

> 2535429142855177;4:
> Microtransactions have pretty much been confirmed now.

they have enough time to remove them.

> 2533274796523661;5:
> Well, I get the Cortana & the Created comment, but I think it’s likely that’ll be in the game. So, assuming that (maybe it won’t be in), let’s hope that whatever roll Cortana and the Created play, we get more detail that around their motives and doings… in turn, it could help Halo 5’s story… maybe…?

There’s no need at all to put so much meat in the fire. They already had too many factions and characters in Halo 5 that they couldn’t create a good story at all, I hope they won’t commit that mistake again. (This is also why I think Halo 6 is too soon for the Flood to return, we risk 343 will ruin them)

> 2533274892367695;7:
> > 2533274796523661;5:
> > Well, I get the Cortana & the Created comment, but I think it’s likely that’ll be in the game. So, assuming that (maybe it won’t be in), let’s hope that whatever roll Cortana and the Created play, we get more detail that around their motives and doings… in turn, it could help Halo 5’s story… maybe…?
>
>
> There’s no need at all to put so much meat in the fire. They already had too many factions and characters in Halo 5 that they couldn’t create a good story at all, I hope they won’t commit that mistake again. (This is also why I think Halo 6 is too soon for the Flood to return, we risk 343 will ruin them)

But if Halo Wars 2 does have Cortana/the Created, it’s not really a new faction though? I could make the story more convoluted, there’s no doubt about that. I was saying that there’s a chance that Halo Wars 2, if it includes elements of Cortana/the Created from Halo 5, that Halo 5’s story gains some clarity as a result of Halo Wars 2 being executed correctly (if that ends up happening, so fingers crossed for that). A lot of wishful thinking, perhaps, but it shouldn’t be disregarded as a possibility since 343i made the decision to put this game post Halo 5.

> 2533274796523661;8:
> > 2533274892367695;7:
> > > 2533274796523661;5:
> > > Well, I get the Cortana & the Created comment, but I think it’s likely that’ll be in the game. So, assuming that (maybe it won’t be in), let’s hope that whatever roll Cortana and the Created play, we get more detail that around their motives and doings… in turn, it could help Halo 5’s story… maybe…?
> >
> >
> > There’s no need at all to put so much meat in the fire. They already had too many factions and characters in Halo 5 that they couldn’t create a good story at all, I hope they won’t commit that mistake again. (This is also why I think Halo 6 is too soon for the Flood to return, we risk 343 will ruin them)
>
>
> But if Halo Wars 2 does have Cortana/the Created, it’s not really a new faction though? I could make the story more convoluted, there’s no doubt about that. I was saying that there’s a chance that Halo Wars 2, if it includes elements of Cortana/the Created from Halo 5, that Halo 5’s story gains some clarity as a result of Halo Wars 2 being executed correctly (if that ends up happening, so fingers crossed for that). A lot of wishful thinking, perhaps, but it shouldn’t be disregarded as a possibility since 343i made the decision to put this game post Halo 5.

I think the “story fixing” is up t Halo 6 not to HW2 :slight_smile: let there be just the Banished and the Spirit of Fire

> 2533274892367695;9:
> > 2533274796523661;8:
> > > 2533274892367695;7:
> > > > 2533274796523661;5:
> > > > Well, I get the Cortana & the Created comment, but I think it’s likely that’ll be in the game. So, assuming that (maybe it won’t be in), let’s hope that whatever roll Cortana and the Created play, we get more detail that around their motives and doings… in turn, it could help Halo 5’s story… maybe…?
> > >
> > >
> > > There’s no need at all to put so much meat in the fire. They already had too many factions and characters in Halo 5 that they couldn’t create a good story at all, I hope they won’t commit that mistake again. (This is also why I think Halo 6 is too soon for the Flood to return, we risk 343 will ruin them)
> >
> >
> > But if Halo Wars 2 does have Cortana/the Created, it’s not really a new faction though? I could make the story more convoluted, there’s no doubt about that. I was saying that there’s a chance that Halo Wars 2, if it includes elements of Cortana/the Created from Halo 5, that Halo 5’s story gains some clarity as a result of Halo Wars 2 being executed correctly (if that ends up happening, so fingers crossed for that). A lot of wishful thinking, perhaps, but it shouldn’t be disregarded as a possibility since 343i made the decision to put this game post Halo 5.
>
>
> I think the “story fixing” is up t Halo 6 not to HW2 :slight_smile: let there be just the Banished and the Spirit of Fire

I understand the viewpoint… I guess it’s more for the masses on how I’m viewing this. Do you want 343i to rectify mistakes via a comic or novel… do you believe they will execute that correctly, even (see: Janus Key arc, Didact, etc.)? I like what 343i is attempting for the story, but they’ve executed poorly. While a great contained story with the Banished/Spirit of Fire crew would be great, I think theirs an opportunity for them to aid story to Halo 5, hopefully, in turn, clearing up some plot issues or questions. And, again, I only say this since 343i has the opportunity to do so with HW2 taking place after Halo 5… but who know! I want a good story either way, so I’m hoping for the same as you in the end.

> 2533274796523661;10:
> > 2533274892367695;9:
> > > 2533274796523661;8:
> > > > 2533274892367695;7:
> > > > > 2533274796523661;5:
> > > > > Well, I get the Cortana & the Created comment, but I think it’s likely that’ll be in the game. So, assuming that (maybe it won’t be in), let’s hope that whatever roll Cortana and the Created play, we get more detail that around their motives and doings… in turn, it could help Halo 5’s story… maybe…?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > There’s no need at all to put so much meat in the fire. They already had too many factions and characters in Halo 5 that they couldn’t create a good story at all, I hope they won’t commit that mistake again. (This is also why I think Halo 6 is too soon for the Flood to return, we risk 343 will ruin them)
> > >
> > >
> > > But if Halo Wars 2 does have Cortana/the Created, it’s not really a new faction though? I could make the story more convoluted, there’s no doubt about that. I was saying that there’s a chance that Halo Wars 2, if it includes elements of Cortana/the Created from Halo 5, that Halo 5’s story gains some clarity as a result of Halo Wars 2 being executed correctly (if that ends up happening, so fingers crossed for that). A lot of wishful thinking, perhaps, but it shouldn’t be disregarded as a possibility since 343i made the decision to put this game post Halo 5.
> >
> >
> > I think the “story fixing” is up t Halo 6 not to HW2 :slight_smile: let there be just the Banished and the Spirit of Fire
>
>
> I understand the viewpoint… I guess it’s more for the masses on how I’m viewing this. Do you want 343i to rectify mistakes via a comic or novel… do you believe they will execute that correctly, even (see: Janus Key arc, Didact, etc.)? I like what 343i is attempting for the story, but they’ve executed poorly. While a great contained story with the Banished/Spirit of Fire crew would be great, I think theirs an opportunity for them to aid story to Halo 5, hopefully, in turn, clearing up some plot issues or questions. And, again, I only say this since 343i has the opportunity to do so with HW2 taking place after Halo 5… but who know! I want a good story either way, so I’m hoping for the same as you in the end.

I hate Halo 5’s story, in fact I wrote a thread of what it lacks and how Halo 6 must fix it. It is the lowest part of the game and the worst campaign in the worst game of the franchise ever.

> 2535429142855177;4:

I’m so sad they kept microtransactions …

> 2533274864769942;12:
> > 2535429142855177;4:
> > Microtransactions have pretty much been confirmed now.
>
>
> I’m so sad they kept microtransactions …

Blame Microsoft for this…

The created are the dumbest this to come out of 343 and that is saying something. crap design, not fun to fight against, dumb story.

my biggest gripe with them is the stupid ‘souls’ motif that apparently fuels the Prometheans because reasons yet the prometheans have no visible individuality or intelligence beyond a basic combat ai. The composer and the prometheans backstory is pure fluff, a terrible ‘doomsday plot device’ created only to offer an antagonist for 343’s halo 4.

I miss old bungie and ensemble.

> 2533274896616265;14:
> The created are the dumbest this to come out of 343 and that is saying something. crap design, not fun to fight against, dumb story.
>
> my biggest gripe with them is the stupid ‘souls’ motif that apparently fuels the Prometheans because reasons yet the prometheans have no visible individuality or intelligence beyond a basic combat ai. The composer and the prometheans backstory is pure fluff, a terrible ‘doomsday plot device’ created only to offer an antagonist for 343’s halo 4.
>
> I miss old bungie and ensemble.

me too…

> 2533274896616265;14:
> The created are the dumbest this to come out of 343 and that is saying something. crap design, not fun to fight against, dumb story.
>
> my biggest gripe with them is the stupid ‘souls’ motif that apparently fuels the Prometheans because reasons yet the prometheans have no visible individuality or intelligence beyond a basic combat ai. The composer and the prometheans backstory is pure fluff, a terrible ‘doomsday plot device’ created only to offer an antagonist for 343’s halo 4.
>
> I miss old bungie and ensemble.

Only the Knights are composed humans,everything else is just annoying forerunner a.i’s

> 2533274830166194;16:
> > 2533274896616265;14:
> > The created are the dumbest this to come out of 343 and that is saying something. crap design, not fun to fight against, dumb story.
> >
> > my biggest gripe with them is the stupid ‘souls’ motif that apparently fuels the Prometheans because reasons yet the prometheans have no visible individuality or intelligence beyond a basic combat ai. The composer and the prometheans backstory is pure fluff, a terrible ‘doomsday plot device’ created only to offer an antagonist for 343’s halo 4.
> >
> > I miss old bungie and ensemble.
>
>
> Only the Knights are composed humans,everything else is just annoying forerunner a.i’s

I know, but there is no difference in behavior between the knights and anything else. There is no trace of the ‘soul’ that was composed so what is the -Yoink!- point of composition if they are able to create ai’s (solidiers/crawlers) with the same behavioral complexity as knights? There is no point! Composition/ The composer is utter contrived bullhockey. So is putting skull designs and ‘threat displays’ on -Yoink!- robots.

343 was smokin the anime when designing the prometheans and I hate everything about it.

> 2533274896616265;17:
> > 2533274830166194;16:
> > > 2533274896616265;14:
> > > The created are the dumbest this to come out of 343 and that is saying something. crap design, not fun to fight against, dumb story.
> > >
> > > my biggest gripe with them is the stupid ‘souls’ motif that apparently fuels the Prometheans because reasons yet the prometheans have no visible individuality or intelligence beyond a basic combat ai. The composer and the prometheans backstory is pure fluff, a terrible ‘doomsday plot device’ created only to offer an antagonist for 343’s halo 4.
> > >
> > > I miss old bungie and ensemble.
> >
> >
> > Only the Knights are composed humans,everything else is just annoying forerunner a.i’s
>
>
> I know, but there is no difference in behavior between the knights and anything else. There is no trace of the ‘soul’ that was composed so what is the -Yoink!- point of composition if they are able to create ai’s (solidiers/crawlers) with the same behavioral complexity as knights? There is no point! Composition/ The composer is utter contrived bullhockey. So is putting skull designs and ‘threat displays’ on -Yoink!- robots.
>
> 343 was smokin the anime when designing the prometheans and I hate everything about it.

I swear that they were inspired by bionicles

> 2535429142855177;4:

thats not the same as confirmed

343 arent making the game they are helping but creative assembly are the ones actually making the game are making it