What MJOLNIR Mk is cheif using in H4?

I think it is still Mark VI, but a lot of people are trying to tell me that he now has MJOLNIR Mk VII. Can you guys please tell me which one it is.

Mark 6 same as halo 2 and 3.

It’s still Mark VI, but it’s been heavilly upgraded via a certain rampant and bored out of her mind blue AI aboard the back half of the Foreward Unto Dawn.

Mk VI, heavily upgraded by Cortana in the 5 years she had between Halo 3 and 4.

It’s Mk.VI, but I still don’t know how the armor itself was upgraded. We know his HUD is different due to a firmware update made by Cortana. The popular theory is nanobots, but we haven’t seen anything to show they are in Mk.VI…though they are in Mk.VII, but Chief doesn’t have that.

He is wearing a modified Mark VI.

> It’s Mk.VI, but I still don’t know how the armor itself was upgraded. We know his HUD is different due to a firmware update made by Cortana. The popular theory is nanobots, but we haven’t seen anything to show they are in Mk.VI…though they are in Mk.VII, but Chief doesn’t have that.

Well, it’s possible that the Mark VI just had prototype nanobots that were integrated into the armor for absorption of critical hits to the armor itself (kind of like the nanosuit in Crysis), and were stepped up in intelligence by the time the Gen. 2 and Mark VII armor varients came out. It is also just as likely, with my theory being the case, that when Cortana upgraded Chief’s firmware, she tapped into a system to unlock the nanobots’ code of some sort to reshape and remold it to its current form. The reason for the lack of fixed reentry scars could just be that the nanobots in that particular area were burned off durring Chief’s reentry and were unable to be used to fix that scar on his chest plate, so the scar remains.

1. “Slop is military slang for Nanoreagent Hydrocarbots - a suspension of nanomachines that renders nearly all carbon heavy matter into usable fuel for the UNSC’s ubiquitous internal combustion powerplants.”

This confirms UNSC possess Nanotechnology and had it around the time the Chief’s armor was made.

1. In Campaign, players take the role of the Master Chief, the living legend of the Covenant War, a SPARTAN-II super-soldier <mark>wearing heavily modified GEN1 Mjolnir armor</mark>.

This confirms his Armor has been modified.

1. [I noticed that the Mark VI armor for Multiplayer is not the same armor that the Chief dons in Halo 4. What type of armor is the Chief wearing then? -One One Seven

<mark>Very fancy, very custom, very unique “Cortana special” armor.</mark>](http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/05/The-Halo-Bulletin-9512.aspx)

This confirms the armor is customized by Cortana

1. “Nanobots making repairs to Chief’s armor.”

This confirms Chief’s armor interacts with Nanobots

Now put all of this together and you have your answer: Nanobots were used by Cortana to modify the Chief’s armor while he slept in Cryo for 4 years.

Let’s not forget that the old Mark VI armor is in the game as well which means it exists side by side the Chief’s Mark VI which confirms that it’s not entirely artistic interpretation. The old Mark VI still exists because that’s what his looked like before Cortana changed it.

5 years to be precise

He is using modified Mk. VI armor that was built by Cortana by using nanobots in her 4 years of spare time. I don’t have an explanation for the UNSC weapons, though.

it is mkVI buuut Cortana modded it…so it is a unique piece…and she had so me 4+ years to tinker on it I bet it is pretty awesome by now

> He is using modified Mk. VI armor that was built by Cortana by using nanobots in her 4 years of spare time. I don’t have an explanation for the UNSC weapons, though.

From an in-universe perspective they were always there. From a real-world perspective they simply hadn’t been designed yet. This happens all the time, such as no Battle Rifles appearing in Halo: Combat Evolved. Obviously the Battle Rifle existed at the time in-universe but had yet to be developed for the game in the real world. The same is said for the absence of Assault Rifles in Halo 2. They existed but Bungie chose not to include them. Just because the new rifle is MA5D does not make it “new” when you consider the Spartan-IIs in the novels often used MA5Ks regularly. A higher letter does not indicate “newly developed” and would have been in service at the same time as the MA5B and MA5C.

> 1. “Slop is military slang for Nanoreagent Hydrocarbots - a suspension of nanomachines that renders nearly all carbon heavy matter into usable fuel for the UNSC’s ubiquitous internal combustion powerplants.”
>
> This confirms UNSC possess Nanotechnology and had it around the time the Chief’s armor was made.
>
> 2. In Campaign, players take the role of the Master Chief, the living legend of the Covenant War, a SPARTAN-II super-soldier <mark>wearing heavily modified GEN1 Mjolnir armor</mark>.
>
> This confirms his Armor has been modified.
>
> 3. I noticed that the Mark VI armor for Multiplayer is not the same armor that the Chief dons in Halo 4. What type of armor is the Chief wearing then? -One One Seven
>
> <mark>Very fancy, very custom, very unique “Cortana special” armor.</mark>

>
> This confirms the armor is customized by Cortana
>
> 4. “Nanobots making repairs to Chief’s armor.”
>
> This confirms Chief’s armor interacts with Nanobots
>
> Now put all of this together and you have your answer: Nanobots were used by Cortana to modify the Chief’s armor while he slept in Cryo for 4 years.
>
> Let’s not forget that the old Mark VI armor is in the game as well which means it exists side by side the Chief’s Mark VI which confirms that it’s not entirely artistic interpretation. The old Mark VI still exists because that’s what his looked like before Cortana changed it.

With everything in perspective, this whole deal finally makes sense. Thanks Shadow.