What map remakes do YOU want to see in Halo 5

I’m interested to see what maps the community would like remade for Halo 5. Please limit your wishes to your top 5 (If you want to make it balanced you can instead list your top 3 BTB and top 3 4v4 maps) so maybe some consensus can be made.

I added two polls to gauge which Halo you think had in general the best DEFAULT maps and which had the best DLC maps. Perhaps it was just the overall look/design or how the maps flowed in multiplayer.

Below is a list of maps that have been remade throughout the Halo series.

Halo 2
Beaver Creek [Battle Creek]
Coagulation [Blood Gulch]
Tombstone [Hang 'Em High]
Warlock [Wizard]
Desolation [Derelict] < +1 up for Messacre

Halo 3
Last Resort [Zanzibar, Halo 2]
Blackout [Lockout, Halo 2]
Heretic [Midship, Halo 2]
Avalanche [Sidewinder, Halo CE]
Cold Storage [Chill Out, Halo CE]

Halo: Reach (Including Anniversary DLC maps)
Solitary [Prisoner, Halo CE]
Hemorrhage [Blood Gulch/Coagulation, Halo CE/Halo 2]
Ridgeline [Timberland, Halo CE]
High Noon [Hang 'Em High, Halo CE]
Penance [Damnation, Halo CE]
Battle Canyon [Battle Creek, Halo CE]
Breakneck [Headlong, Halo 2]
Reflection [Ivory Tower, Halo 2]

Halo 4
Pitfall [The Pit, Halo 3]
Ragnarok [Valhalla, Halo 3]

These are my top 5:

Containment [Halo 2] < I pray to almighty Talos that this map returns

Highlands [Halo: Reach] < It was such a great shame this map came out when Reach’s population was so devastated.

Guardian [Halo 3] < Basic training, where it all began for me. One of the best 4v4 maps imo

Sandtrap [Halo 3] < So many great CTF and Infection memories that were never possible to relive in Reach and 4

Relic [Halo 2]< One of the few unsung heroes of the Halo experience

None. I want a set of new maps so well designed that we completely forget about the classics.

> None. I want a set of new maps so well designed that we completely forget about the classics.

I’d be happy with no remakes if that were the case, but I have doubts that 343/CA can actually match the design of some of the past maps let alone exceed it. (insofar as we forget the classics)

Rat Race, Turf, Colossus, Valhalla, Shutout, Foundry, Midship, Zanzibar, High Ground, Pit… darn it. I used to have a list of 20 of my favorite classic maps for team slayer.

Obviously you wouldn’t remake them all, and some of them have maybe been remade recently. Just listing the maps I miss without any other criteria.

I think every Halo game should have two on-disc remakes.
One for Big Team and one for 4v4.
More remakes should then be included in DLC.
Maybe three new maps and one remake per DLC?
Or one DLC including three remakes.

For the next Halo game, I’d like:
Sandtrap (on-disc)
Solitary (on-disc)
High Ground (DLC)
Relic (DLC)
Wizard (DLC)

While I don’t want Halo 5 to be crammed with remakes, Certain Affinity proved themselves as inadequate map makers.

I mean look at how terrible maps like Solace and Meltdown are? And don’t even get me started on the Forge maps…

Hopefully Certain Affinity does not have a presence in Halo 5, because gameplay tends to take a backseat to aesthetic properties when they’re involved.

Unless 343i finds a more prudent team to make their Multiplayer Maps and drops Certain Affinity, then I’d be grateful to be stuck with remakes in Halo 5.

> Hopefully Certain Affinity does not have a presence in Halo 5, because gameplay tends to take a backseat to aesthetic properties when they’re involved.

They do a great job of creating a Halo feel though and that’s what I like about their maps. Their remake of the Pit was quite good in my opinion. Skyline was also a great map for gameplay.

On topic though I will vote for Halo 3 in both polls.

I think out of all the Halo Games, Halo 2 has had the best maps.

But every game has fortunately had great maps.

It is just sad that with REACH and Halo 4, the DLC maps are rarely played in matchmaking.

Maps I love to see remade from each Title (Most of them):

Halo CE
Boarding Action
Hang Em High/Tombstone
Wizard/Warlock
Damnation
Blood Gulch
Chiron TL-34

Halo 2
Turf
Relic
Terminal
Headlong
Containment
Ascension
Waterworks
Zanzibar/Last Resort
Burial Mounds
Colossus
Lockout
Midship
Sanctuary
Uplift

Halo 3
Avalanche
Citadel
Construct
Guardian
High Ground
Longshore
Narrows
Rat’s Nest
Sandbox
Sandtrap
Standoff
The Pit
Valhalla

Halo REACH
Anchor 9
Boardwalk
Boneyard
Breakpoint
Countdown
Forge World
Highlands
Powerhouse
Tempest
Zealot

Halo 4
Adrift
Complex
Exile
Harvest
Haven
Longbow
Monolith
Perdition
Skyline
Solace
Vortex

Don’t forget that Desolation (Halo 2) was a remake of Derelict (Halo: CE)

> None. I want a set of new maps so well designed that we completely forget about the classics.

This. Memories are nice, but we buy new games to make new memories, and therefore, memories of new maps.

I want:
My top 5

Rat Race
Midship
Sanctuary (Asylum sucked)
Guardian
Construct

> I want:
> My top 5
>
> Rat Race
> Midship
> Sanctuary (Asylum sucked)
> Guardian
> Construct

Thank you! I’ve never understood why rat race doesn’t get any love.

Coagulation. Hemorrhage felt closer to Coagulation than Blood Gulch, but between the severe lack of inbalance in Halo Reach, and the larger more wide open size, it didnt feel right. I want Halo 2’s version of Blood Gulch for it’s more narrow, collection of wavy hills through the map, better teleporter placement, two-floored bases and use of heavy vehicles. As well as the color palette.

I’d also love to see:
-Guardian
-Sandtrap
-Highground (still my favorite Halo 3 map)
-Terminal
-Boneyard
-Midship
-Orbital
-Spire

And yes, even Exile…

I want a set of new interactive maps that have maybe switches, destructible environments and maybe some map-only vehicles like the elephant in sandtrap.

> I want a set of new interactive maps that have maybe switches, destructible environments and maybe some map-only vehicles like the elephant in sandtrap.

Those kinds of maps were always a quality experience. It’s the little things that showcased map variety that robust gameplay once granted. Loved 'em.

My top 5:
Beaver Creek
The Pit (should be in every Halo game)
Haven
Guardian
Wizard

Chiron Tl 34 (for the lolz)

I feel like they should remake sandtrap, as it has one key feature that makes it stand out. The Elephants. Because of the Elephants, you could move the flag points on the map. I feel like this added another layer of strategy to the game.

> I feel like they should remake sandtrap, as it has one key feature that makes it stand out. The Elephants. Because of the Elephants, you could move the flag points on the map. I feel like this added another layer of strategy to the game.

I had a few games of CTF where both teams drove the Elephant into the centre and straight up rammed into one another. Hilarious and intense attack/defence

I’m not going to participate in the polls but I will list the 5 maps I think should be remade for Halo 5. And in choosing these 5, they are not necessarily what I think are the best 5 maps but the 5 that I think will suit the Halo 5 gameplay (based on Halo 4 gameplay because we haven’t seen Halo 5).

Here are my 5 picks:

1.Countdown (Halo Reach)
Probably an unpopular choice but I felt that this map was a spiritual successor to Halo 3’s construct and to me it certainly felt more balanced than its predecessor. Since it was in Reach we all know AAs can work on this map just fine.

2.Last Resort (Halo 3)
This too is already a remake, but it’s a fairly big map which means AAs should work on it and it’s so flexible that you can play a variety of different gametypes on it. It’s also hard to forge because of the turning wheel and so we need the devs to remake it for us for a true representation.

3.Terminal (Halo 2)
This map is a classic and fans have been calling for this one to be remade since Halo 3. It too is a fairly big map and I remember lots of different gametypes being played on it. It’s also hard to forge because of the train coming to splatter anyone who may be in its path. Assault was a popular gametype, but maybe it can be adapted for Richochet.

4.Relic (Halo 2)
Another classic map which is probably remembered best for One Flag CTF. Fans have called for this to be remade too and it certainly would work fine with AAs.

5.Sandtrap (Halo 3)
I hope I’m correct in saying this is the biggest map of the 5. This is also a popular map which fans want remade, most probably because of the unique vehicle that we haven’t seen for a while, the Elephant. It could be adapted though to hold the larger Halo 4 vehicle, the Mammoth.

> Honorable Mentions
> Ragnarok (Halo 4) - Not included in my list because I think this is the new Blood Gulch. It will be remade in Halo 5 anyway
>
> Gemini (Halo 2) - This is another fairly big map which has yet to be remade. I feel it could work with AAs.
>
> Burial Mounds (Halo 2) - Now this is certainly a larger map and one best suited for BTB. AAs would definitely work on this map and it hasn’t yet been remade, so maybe it’s time?
>
> Isolation (Halo 2) - This is a map that I feel would suit Halo 4’s flood mode and Halo 5 will definitely involve the flood so this gametype is coming back for sure.
>
> Reflection (Halo Reach) - This may be an unpopular opinion but I didn’t want my list full of BTB maps and it’s proof that AAs can be used on Ivory Tower. If spawns are kept the same, then adding rounds to flip spawns each time could better balance it.

Note: Originally I had Burial Mounds in my list but then I swapped it with Relic which I recall fans asking for recently. I also swapped Countdown for Reflection because I feel Countdown is better balanced.

So there you have it, 10 maps which could work in Halo 5 narrowed down to the 5 which I think would be best suited and which I think fans would best appreciate.

Can we haz Hemorrhage plez?