What many "pros" seem to want in the game *updated

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

1. no sprint
  2. no spartan abilities
  3. only br, sniper, rockets, and shotgun or sword in game.
  4. 4sk on br, 1sk on other weapons.
  5. spawn with only br, teams fight for sniper, rockets, and shotgun/sword.
  6. rank 1-50 that is referred to as “skill” levels.
  7. full teams to be pitted against teams of randoms so they can often win when in a group. no full team vs full team
  8. no automatics, no smart scope as these don’t take “skill”
  9. forge, so they can make maps better
  10. theater so they can make montages and study old games.
  11. removal of anything that needs skills other than timing, map movement/control, and having the reticule on the head.
  12. 4 maps 2 small ones, and 2 medium ones, one asymmetrical.
  13. Exploitable bugs that are difficult to learn, but give a significant and arguably unfair advantage (Like the quad shot in Halo 2) *
    Yes this is tongue in cheek. Not meant to be overly offensive or anything. I know no one would want to trim the game that much, but a lot of different people want to trim different things so that it can sound like people want a really basic game. Have fun discussing things you want in the game.
  • = community requested additions.

in other words, the perfect halo game.

who would have thought that people who are good at the game might know what they’re talking about.

> 2533274866682248;2:
> in other words, the perfect halo game.
>
> who would have thought that people who are good at the game might know what they’re talking about.

Like chess. But with only knights and bishops. :wink:

> 2533274866682248;2:
>
> who would have thought that people who are good at the game might know what they’re talking about.

Or rather, YOUR idea of a perfect Halo game, and why would unbalanced teams be in your perfect Halo game?

There won’t ever be the PERFECT Halo game. Even my favorite Halo, Halo 3, isn’t perfect (Regen Field, unclearly defined parameters of the trueskill system, Valhalla appearing in the ranked Team Slayer playlist, ect.)

Also, “Change (In the House of Geth)” :slight_smile:

oh forgot one

1. 4 maps 2 small ones, and 2 medium ones, one asymmetrical.

> 2533274866682248;2:
>

Yup.

> 2533274866682248;2:
>

Skill doesn’t determine if someone knows what’s good for the game

> 2533274866682248;2:
> in other words, Halo 3.5 except incredibly barebones and boring.

Fix’d

Nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. Nothing unexpected. Every game goes the same way except for when the other team REALLY sucks like going 4 and 22, kind of bad. The pros want a Halo game where the only thing that happens different in a game is when someone decides to pick up an AR they see on the ground and shoot it for a bit to see if it has any meaningful advantage. Which it doesn’t.

That’s my issue with pro gaming in general. Every pro gamer is so obsessed with what they constitute as “skill based” and “competitive”. Sure, I can understand wanting a competitive, fun to watch game, but when it gets to the point where you want ganeplay to stay exactly as it was in 2004-2007? It starts to become a detriment.

> 2533274867600436;9:
> Nothing out of the ordinary ever happens. Nothing unexpected. Every game goes the same way except for when the other team REALLY sucks like going 4 and 22, kind of bad. The pros want a Halo game where the only thing that happens different in a game is when someone decides to pick up an AR they see on the ground and shoot it for a bit to see if it has any meaningful advantage. Which it doesn’t.

I don’t know man, I’ve killed many, many BR-wielding players up close by using the AR. It can definitely have an advantage in CQC

Here’s something else you can add to the list.

Exploitable bugs that are difficult to learn, but give a significant and arguably unfair advantage (Like the quad shot in Halo 2)

No I’m saying that pros want their Halo to make weapons other than the BR and their 4-5 power weapons useless. Like the plasma rifle and the AR should just be little trinkets you can use for -Yoink- and giggles, nothing more.

In Halo 4, yes it was fantastic, all guns had a chance to actually do something, I developed an emotional attachment to the storm rifle (I will not be judged).

> 2533274867600436;13:
> No I’m saying that pros want their Halo to make weapons other than the BR and their 4-5 power weapons useless. Like the plasma rifle and the AR should just be little trinkets you can use for -Yoink- and giggles, nothing more.
>
> In Halo 4, yes it was fantastic, all guns had a chance to actually do something, I developed an emotional attachment to the storm rifle (I will not be judged).

Then well met. I’ve always loved Covenant weapons, and the first time I picked up a Storm Rifle in Halo 4, it immediately became one of my favorite weapons.

> 2533274978553590;12:
> Here’s something else you can add to the list.
>
> Exploitable bugs that are difficult to learn, but give a significant and arguably unfair advantage (Like the quad shot in Halo 2)

Thanks added :slight_smile:

Half of those ideas are just bad. Half of them are in game. Some of those ideas are the worst I’ve seen in a forum post in a while. Why would you want only BR’s, shotgun, sniper, sword and rocket launcher? If they are so “skilled” at this game, then every weapon they pick should be a tool for kills. I’m tired of competitve supremacy when it comes to Halo multiplayer. That would kill Halo faster than the whole sprint/Spartan ability issue.

> 2533274866682248;2:
>

Here you go, enjoy.

for a thread that is supposed to be tongue and cheek the OP and the replies have quite negative undertones.

> 2533274867600436;13:
> No I’m saying that pros want their Halo to make weapons other than the BR and their 4-5 power weapons useless. Like the plasma rifle and the AR should just be little trinkets you can use for -Yoink- and giggles, nothing more.
>
> In Halo 4, yes it was fantastic, all guns had a chance to actually do something, I developed an emotional attachment to the storm rifle (I will not be judged).

like how every competitive player who has something to say mentions the return of the CE plasma rifle because it was…useful?

things get canned because they’re useless or OP, there’s a reason why the binary rifle or incin cannon weren’t in H4, or why the spiker and needler weren’t in reach.

I suppose it’s also the foundation of ignorance to only see one side of the argument and label the other, otherwise you would realise that many people wanted certain weapon changes or tweaks to allow for greater diversity.

> 2533274836395701;18:
> for a thread that is supposed to be tongue and cheek the OP and the replies have quite negative undertones.

Yeah sorry about that. Hard to form a funny sarcastic tone in writing. Which is why I had that annotation.