What makes it or breaks it for You?

What I mean is, what is one thing that has you doubtful or hopeful??

Example: When I read about 5 kill shot making a return… doubtful
5sk = slow gameplay

Jump height back and Sprint automatic… hopeful.
Jump height + Sprinting = faster gamepley (faster than Reach)

343 seems to be going through a weird skitzophrenic battle with themselves about what direction to take Halo 4. Howerver, not as bad as Bungie had it for Reach.

My advice, listen to the competive players. I know the Pros can be bias but from what I’ve seen when the competive aspects of Halo is right it means the fundementals are correct. Such as weapon damage/balance, jump height, run speed, sheild regen, melee damage ect.
All the gametypes in world won’t help if the basic dynamics aren’t on point. Me, personally Halo 3 all the way. I like that Halo 4 seems to be going more torward the “Halo 3” direction with some great tune ups to the gameplay. I’m hopeful, Halo 4 is starting to look like everything Halo Reach should of been.

Seeing a disappointing final list of vehicles.

Disappointing: Lack of playable Elites.

Thrilling: Everything else.

The lack of incentive to win, which ties directly into the ranking system.

Oooh yeah, thats a good one… the ranking system. Man, I miss the Halo 2-3 ranking system too!!

i am not liking perks and the br needs to be a 4sk

Desperate for even Ranked games.
No Skill based Ranking System = Break

The BR is back!!!
BR = Make

It’s a choice of ‘CoD:BO2’ or ‘Halo 4’, and with Team Tactical (4v4), CoD beats unranked Halo (Reach)

> My advice, listen to the competive players. I know the Pros can be bias but from what I’ve seen when the competive aspects of Halo is right it means the fundementals are correct.

Actually I’d say if the fundamentals are correct, the competive aspects will follow.
Its not that complicated, halo takes skill by definition. They should concentrate on making a good game wile considering all the aspects.

And as for the default question: I really hope that betrayal or team damage will remain.(In a video you can see someone get hit by a team rocket and survive)
This is one aspect that I like to hold over other popular shooters.
It just makes more sense.

And is it just me or is the forum breaking a lot? I had to save all the above and wait for it to work again.

> The lack of incentive to win, which ties directly into the ranking system.

The drive to win and try is big

And a great Ranking system

For me, Halo is all about the Campaign. I want to see a good continuation of the story, or something that adds to the story (in regards to ODST & Reach).

Guns, specials, multi-player etc. etc. are all secondary concerns for me.
So while it holds some value, if the campaign story looks like it falls off the tracks, or that the playability falls short, it will break my interest in the game.

Up until the E3 Campaign break, I didn’t really have an interest in Getting H4.
After the E3 presentation I was more than interested in continuing the fight.

Easily a ranking system. Im ok with a progressive system but halo NEEDS a skill based system. I play both casually and competitively so I need to have that halo 2-3 “I must win” feeling back. I never felt that in reach, which ruined my desire to play

Everything that can’t be countered in-game (e.g. Armor Upgrades/tactical packages/ordinance) is a bit too much for me. As long as they stay in Infinity Slayer I’ll be fine. Everything else doesn’t seem too bad to me. AAs are weaker this time around, everyone will likely pick the same starting weapons depending upon playlist, scoring system is a bit odd but not game-breaking, overall ranking system doesn’t matter just your playlist ranks do (hopefully they’re in), etc.

Halo 4 multiplayer confidence score = 7/10

Whether there’ll be a playlist with more traditional streamlined gameplay like regular scoring, no AA, or really any loadouts and perks custom or preset, and perhaps no sprint either, alongside all the RPG element gameplay confirmed in the other playlists.
Whether there will be a visible skill-based ranking system within this and other playlists that would be appropriate to be ranked playlists (swat if it returns, etc.)

There’s not much I can see them doing that would make me not buy the game, but that’s because I’m into the lore and the campaign, custom games and creative aspects of the game, but would definitely help/harm War Games matchmaking for me. I’m all for the fun of playing with a lot of variety and things to try out in the mix, but all the fluff of experience progression, perks and such gets in the way when I just want to play a competitive game. If there’s not something in place to scratch both those itches, I can’t see wanting to get into matchmaking every night like I did in Halo 3’s time.