What makes Halo multiplayer great?

This is what I think Made Halo multiplayer so much fun:

1.Thoughtfully designed maps: halo has always had maps that promote strategy and teamwork.

There where choke points, and multiple ways to get from one side to the other of the map( man cannons, walkways beneath the main walkway etc…).

there were areas that were essential to control( such as the sniper tower in ivory tower, or the middle ground in valhalla)

There was a huge variety in maps: large maps, small maps, symmetrical arena style maps(midship), attack and defend style maps( high ground and zanzibar)

2. weapon placement: halo has always had strategic weapon placement, that made map control crucial. Power weapons were usually in the middle, sniper rifles would be placed in towers( lockout sniper tower and ivory tower sniper tower). every weapon placement was very intentional and thought out. No randomness

For example: high ground gave the team spawning on the beach a ghost. They gave the people spawning in the base a lazer and stationary gunner to counter that ghost. But then they gave the beach team a sniper to counter the gunner and lazer.

3. true rank system]

4. a level playing field: every player started out with the same base traits and weapons. The only way you could get a trait or weapon advantage was to risk your life( your spartans life) and go out and get it. Risk reward system. This allowed for a more competitive, and as a result more fun game.

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought it was more fun to take a risk and go rush for the overshield instead of simply being awarded in for playing the game.

Those are the reasons I like Halo, and most of them are absent. I mainly just care about number 1 and 2. Maps in Halo 4 seem random, people are just running around killing people. I also really don’t like the random weapon placement. Games for me are about learning and mastering. Randomness does not facilitate learning.

Sticking someone from across the map then tbagging them while they wait to respawn.
/thread.

> Sticking someone from across the map then tbagging them while they wait to respawn.
> /thread.

Haha well this too yeah.

/thread? no

You do realize that every game-type requires teamwork to win in H4 right? 2 people BR’ing you = insta-death. 2 people LR’ing you= insta-death. 2 people AR’ing you at mid to point blank range = insta-death, etc.

In the wise words of my friend, “-Yoink!- people butt buddy each other like crazy on Halo 4”

> You do realize that every game-type requires teamwork to win in H4 right? 2 people BR’ing you = insta-death. 2 people LR’ing you= insta-death. 2 people AR’ing you at mid to point blank range = insta-death, etc.
>
> In the wise words of my friend, “-Yoink!- people butt buddy each other like crazy on Halo 4”

Most primitive kind of teamwork. Not the kind of teamwork I was talking about. All this requires is grabbing a butt-buddy and following him around

> This is what I think Made Halo multiplayer so much fun:
>
> 1.Thoughtfully designed maps: halo has always had maps that promote strategy and teamwork.
>
> There where choke points, and multiple ways to get from one side to the other of the map( man cannons, walkways beneath the main walkway etc…).
>
> there were areas that were essential to control( such as the sniper tower in ivory tower, or the middle ground in valhalla)
>
> There was a huge variety in maps: large maps, small maps, symmetrical arena style maps(midship), attack and defend style maps( high ground and zanzibar)
>
> 2. weapon placement: halo has always had strategic weapon placement, that made map control crucial. Power weapons were usually in the middle, sniper rifles would be placed in towers( lockout sniper tower and ivory tower sniper tower). every weapon placement was very intentional and thought out. No randomness
>
> For example: high ground gave the team spawning on the beach a ghost. They gave the people spawning in the base a lazer and stationary gunner to counter that ghost. But then they gave the beach team a sniper to counter the gunner and lazer.
>
> [b}3. true rank system]**
>
> 4. a level playing field: every player started out with the same base traits and weapons. The only way you could get a trait or weapon advantage was to risk your life( your spartans life) and go out and get it. Risk reward system. This allowed for a more competitive, and as a result more fun game.
>
> Maybe it’s just me, but I thought it was more fun to take a risk and go rush for the overshield instead of simply being awarded in for playing the game.
>
>
> Those are the reasons I like Halo, and most of them are absent. I mainly just care about number 1 and 2. Maps in Halo 4 seem random, people are just running around killing people. I also really don’t like the random weapon placement. Games for me are about learning and mastering. Randomness does not facilitate learning.

Halo CE counters true skill ranking and Halo’s “true skill” ranking was not really true skill

Halo 4 has well designed maps and if you don’t think so that’s your opinion it’s better than the reach maps for sure.

Halo 4 have key weapon placements. Everytime I play adrift has the sword in the middle and ragnarok has snipers in the bases and splaser in the middle.

Halo 4 is ment to be played your way and not be stuck with something you don’t like.

Halo 4 objective has the most team work yet, how can you not think so? If you teammate do not help, your team will lose unlike before.

> > This is what I think Made Halo multiplayer so much fun:
> >
> > 1.Thoughtfully designed maps: halo has always had maps that promote strategy and teamwork.
> >
> > There where choke points, and multiple ways to get from one side to the other of the map( man cannons, walkways beneath the main walkway etc…).
> >
> > there were areas that were essential to control( such as the sniper tower in ivory tower, or the middle ground in valhalla)
> >
> > There was a huge variety in maps: large maps, small maps, symmetrical arena style maps(midship), attack and defend style maps( high ground and zanzibar)
> >
> > 2. weapon placement: halo has always had strategic weapon placement, that made map control crucial. Power weapons were usually in the middle, sniper rifles would be placed in towers( lockout sniper tower and ivory tower sniper tower). every weapon placement was very intentional and thought out. No randomness
> >
> > For example: high ground gave the team spawning on the beach a ghost. They gave the people spawning in the base a lazer and stationary gunner to counter that ghost. But then they gave the beach team a sniper to counter the gunner and lazer.
> >
> > [b}3. true rank system]**
> >
> > 4. a level playing field: every player started out with the same base traits and weapons. The only way you could get a trait or weapon advantage was to risk your life( your spartans life) and go out and get it. Risk reward system. This allowed for a more competitive, and as a result more fun game.
> >
> > Maybe it’s just me, but I thought it was more fun to take a risk and go rush for the overshield instead of simply being awarded in for playing the game.
> >
> >
> > Those are the reasons I like Halo, and most of them are absent. I mainly just care about number 1 and 2. Maps in Halo 4 seem random, people are just running around killing people. I also really don’t like the random weapon placement. Games for me are about learning and mastering. Randomness does not facilitate learning.
>
> Halo CE counters true skill ranking and Halo’s “true skill” ranking was not really true skill
>
> Halo 4 has well designed maps and if you don’t think so that’s your opinion it’s better than the reach maps for sure.
>
> Halo 4 have key weapon placements. Everytime I play adrift has the sword in the middle and ragnarok has snipers in the bases and splaser in the middle.
>
> Halo 4 is ment to be played your way and not be stuck with something you don’t like.
>
> Halo 4 objective has the most team work yet, how can you not think so? If you teammate do not help, your team will lose unlike before.

^^ This. Halo 4 does a remarkable job at letting you play the way you enjoy to play, while trying to keep things balanced with everyone else.

In CoD, all it takes is a few killstreaks, then you have AI doing the killing for you. In Halo, I haven’t seen personal ordnance abused NEARLY as much as killstreaks. Matter of fact, the ordnance flows so well, sometimes I forget its even in there until I get one.

> > This is what I think Made Halo multiplayer so much fun:
> >
> > 1.Thoughtfully designed maps: halo has always had maps that promote strategy and teamwork.
> >
> > There where choke points, and multiple ways to get from one side to the other of the map( man cannons, walkways beneath the main walkway etc…).
> >
> > there were areas that were essential to control( such as the sniper tower in ivory tower, or the middle ground in valhalla)
> >
> > There was a huge variety in maps: large maps, small maps, symmetrical arena style maps(midship), attack and defend style maps( high ground and zanzibar)
> >
> > 2. weapon placement: halo has always had strategic weapon placement, that made map control crucial. Power weapons were usually in the middle, sniper rifles would be placed in towers( lockout sniper tower and ivory tower sniper tower). every weapon placement was very intentional and thought out. No randomness
> >
> > For example: high ground gave the team spawning on the beach a ghost. They gave the people spawning in the base a lazer and stationary gunner to counter that ghost. But then they gave the beach team a sniper to counter the gunner and lazer.
> >
> > [b}3. true rank system]**
> >
> > 4. a level playing field: every player started out with the same base traits and weapons. The only way you could get a trait or weapon advantage was to risk your life( your spartans life) and go out and get it. Risk reward system. This allowed for a more competitive, and as a result more fun game.
> >
> > Maybe it’s just me, but I thought it was more fun to take a risk and go rush for the overshield instead of simply being awarded in for playing the game.
> >
> >
> > Those are the reasons I like Halo, and most of them are absent. I mainly just care about number 1 and 2. Maps in Halo 4 seem random, people are just running around killing people. I also really don’t like the random weapon placement. Games for me are about learning and mastering. Randomness does not facilitate learning.
>
> Halo CE counters true skill ranking and Halo’s “true skill” ranking was not really true skill
>
> Halo 4 has well designed maps and if you don’t think so that’s your opinion it’s better than the reach maps for sure.
>
> Halo 4 have key weapon placements. Everytime I play adrift has the sword in the middle and ragnarok has snipers in the bases and splaser in the middle.
>
> Halo 4 is ment to be played your way and not be stuck with something you don’t like.
>
> Halo 4 objective has the most team work yet, how can you not think so? If you teammate do not help, your team will lose unlike before.

a. Can you be more specific about Halo 4 objective requiring the most team work yet? I don’t really see it. But maybe I have not played that much.

b. Ragnarok is also the only halo 3 map, which is why it has key weapon placement. You’re probably right about adrift as well. But two examples, one being from halo 3, does not really constitute anything in my opinion. Also simply having a sword in the middle is the most basic kind of strategic weapon placement. I wish they went a little further with it.

c. True skill didn’t absolutely gauge a persons skill level, but it gave you a good estimate. Also, it was fun just trying to rank up, and having consequences on your rank for losing

d. Never said reach had better maps. Actually I don’t know if anything about reach is better than 4. Simply asking for a better selection of maps, and more halo-esque maps. No harm in adding more maps.

don’t understand why people are so defensive

I love being in a game with some 3rd world kid from Australia as host as they lag everyone out. Just so awesome! :slight_smile: