What makes firefight better than Reach?

I am not saying people are wrong. Actually, I agree that ODST firefight is better.
(Kinda regret that I sold ODST to buy other games. Maybe, I will buy it again otherday.) I don’t know exact reasons. Hard to express.
Is it fact that lack of shield and limit of life put more thinking to players?
Or better enemies? I feel lack of Drones in Reach firefight kinda killed the fun factor.
What else do you guys think?

I think ODST firefight is much more challenging than the Reach one. You don’t have infinite ammo for your starting weapons, and they aren’t as powerful as in Reach. (With infinite DMR or grenade launcher ammo it’s rather target shooting than fight). In ODST, there aren’t armor abilities (especially armor lock), so one has to be careful with grenades. The non-regenerative health and the lack of shields make people play more tactically, use cover, watch their surroundings, the ammo counter, etc. But what I really miss in Reach FF are the drones and the brute stalkers with their firebombs. The catch skull is also better in ODST, and the best is the brutes ang grunts speaking English… That’s the biggest fun in the whole FF stuff.

Because in Reach everyone was in it to earn credits. The only goal of ODST was to last as long as you could.

> I am not saying people are wrong. Actually, I agree that ODST firefight is better.
> (Kinda regret that I sold ODST to buy other games. Maybe, I will buy it again otherday.) I don’t know exact reasons. Hard to express.
> <mark>Is it fact that lack of shield and limit of life put more thinking to players?</mark>
> Or better enemies? I feel lack of Drones in Reach firefight kinda killed the fun factor.
> What else do you guys think?

You basically answered the question.

Not only was it more challenging but also the maps were all great. In Reach, there’s like a few decent maps. Also, the best Firefight experience was how you would put on the IWHBYD skull and laugh your head off at the ridiculous lines the Covenant would say.

I like the maps a lot more.

I think the maps were far better than Reach and that the ODST survival aspect made it far more interesting than Reach. Now, if they only had matchmaking for it then it would have been perfect and made ODST last a little bit longer.

I think like any survival mode in a game, its more fun when you can’t control it and make it easier. In ODST we couldn’t choose to have bottomless clip rocket launchers and in-vulnerability. In reach we could which killed it, whats the point of trying if we can just make it ‘better’? Also the maps in ODST were better, armor abilities weren’t there and we had no shields, also there was the SMG, my old pride and joy. Sniffles :’(