what live service means for halo

To put it simply, the game is not going to, and never will release complete. Even if co-op and forge were in at release the game would not be done. 343 wants to continue to release updates and content over the course of the coming years. And while it is painful that co-op campaign won’t be releasing at the same time as the solo experience, I think I’ve come to understand why they are willing to push the game out without these features. Better to let the players seeking the solo campaign and free to play multiplayer experience those things when they are ready rather than hold back the whole game. People who are only willing to play the campaign co-op or are only interested in custom games made through forge will simply have to delay their purchase.

I get that you get but the amount of posts are kinda getting annoying I made my stand on this and so have others right now who knows what’s gonna happen gamescom will be where more info comes out and what 343 does as well

People who delay their purchase will get screwed over spoilers. From what I’ve seen, most people are calling for a delay, whether they want an actual complete game at launch or whether they want to avoid spoilers before they get to play co-op.

> 2533274866720209;1:
> To put it simply, the game is not going to, and never will release complete. Even if co-op and forge were in at release the game would not be done. 343 wants to continue to release updates and content over the course of the coming years. And while it is painful that co-op campaign won’t be releasing at the same time as the solo experience, I think I’ve come to understand why they are willing to push the game out without these features. Better to let the players seeking the solo campaign and free to play multiplayer experience those things when they are ready rather than hold back the whole game. People who are only willing to play the campaign co-op or are only interested in custom games made through forge will simply have to delay their purchase.

I really respect your take on it! But I do have to disagree.

The main reason I am for a delay for mainly coop but forge as well is that it will be impossible to experience the game blind coop with someone like my brother when the game has been out for 3 months. There will be so many spoilers that I don’t think it would be possible to avoid them for that long.

I understand that you want to play the game, I really do as I want to as well. But if the game releases without coop, people like me who play halo with family / friends blind will be effectively locked out of that experience. Whereas solo players can still get the same experience day one, just at a later date.

Hopefully this wasn’t rude as I honestly know where your coming from and respect it, I just thought I’d let you know why people like me want a delay for at least coop.

do we even know at this stage if single player campaign can be played offlne or not. Live game does not fill me with confidence that it will function without being online. We mostly all have online so that’s not even a thing but servers can be terminated just like that and then goodbye game. 343 is very quiet on this so I’m expecting the worst frankly with a wait and see approach. I’m already of the mind I wont be getting it so it will be a bonus if things do turn out good

> 2533274866720209;1:
> To put it simply, the game is not going to, and never will release complete. Even if co-op and forge were in at release the game would not be done. 343 wants to continue to release updates and content over the course of the coming years. And while it is painful that co-op campaign won’t be releasing at the same time as the solo experience, I think I’ve come to understand why they are willing to push the game out without these features. Better to let the players seeking the solo campaign and free to play multiplayer experience those things when they are ready rather than hold back the whole game. People who are only willing to play the campaign co-op or are only interested in custom games made through forge will simply have to delay their purchase.

This should be pinned.

343i has said over a year ago, that Infinite will be the foundation for Halo for the next 10 years.

This means that more features will be added over the years.

This also means that OG Xbox compatibility will be phased out.

The news of coop and forge delay is frustrating. But it is clear that MS is not looking at Infinite as a game that they want people to stop playing after a month.

Live service basically means, don’t buy the game until a year after launch.

IMO hat “live service” means for halo is an incomplete game at launch and for some time going forward

remember when destiny had a “10 year road map” how did that work out
ESO?
fallout 76?
Anthem?
Hell throw cyberpunk in with that mix although it wasn’t intended as that
The games as a service model is not a good thing IMO

This is our fault as a gaming community the reason that live service exists…because everytime a developer offers to sell you progress in a game…people start swiping their cards…We made the bed…now its time to lay in it.

> 2533274857577417;3:
> People who delay their purchase will get screwed over spoilers. From what I’ve seen, most people are calling for a delay, whether they want an actual complete game at launch or whether they want to avoid spoilers before they get to play co-op.

It’s called a vocal minority complaining which seems like the majority. The majority don’t really care about co op or forge and just want the game to release after 6 years of waiting. If the delayers want another delay they should delay their own purchase! Spoilers? That’s a consequence of the choice you made of not buying on launch.

> 2540646754085145;9:
> This is our fault as a gaming community the reason that live service exists…because everytime a developer offers to sell you progress in a game…people start swiping their cards…We made the bed…now its time to lay in it.

Although new features will be added continually, this doesn’t mean that one has to purchase anything more than Infinite to play the campaign. Furthermore, the multiplayer will be free to play. I doubt purchases will be required to gain any competitive edge and I’m sure there will be enough cool stuff to unlock without payment like in MCC.

> 2533274895697460;11:
> > 2540646754085145;9:
> > This is our fault as a gaming community the reason that live service exists…because everytime a developer offers to sell you progress in a game…people start swiping their cards…We made the bed…now its time to lay in it.
>
> Although new features will be added continually, this doesn’t mean that one has to purchase anything more than Infinite to play the campaign. Furthermore, the multiplayer will be free to play. I doubt purchases will be required to gain any competitive edge and I’m sure there will be enough cool stuff to unlock without payment like in MCC.

I am not saying that about Halo specifically but making a broad statement on how this Live Development became a thing. Halo IMO is the only one doing it with the community in mind.

A halo fan is like any other fan of like Battlefield and COD. This franchise is everything, and they will play it no matter what happens or what is not included. It is the story that counts and that is what people a buying.

> 2533274813856477;13:
> A halo fan is like any other fan of like Battlefield and COD. This franchise is everything, and they will play it no matter what happens or what is not included. It is the story that counts and that is what people a buying.

This is fact

> 2533274852319616;10:
> > 2533274857577417;3:
> > People who delay their purchase will get screwed over spoilers. From what I’ve seen, most people are calling for a delay, whether they want an actual complete game at launch or whether they want to avoid spoilers before they get to play co-op.
>
> It’s called a vocal minority complaining which seems like the majority. The majority don’t really care about co op or forge and just want the game to release after 6 years of waiting. If the delayers want another delay they should delay their own purchase! Spoilers? That’s a consequence of the choice you made of not buying on launch.

I’m sorry but this doesn’t really make sense. You’re saying if we want to experience the campaign blind with someone in coop we should delay our purchase which would mean we’d probably get it spoiled anyway. And you’re solution to not getting it spoiled is to get it day one which means we won’t be able to play it blind coop.

What?

> 2535472162796694;15:
> > 2533274852319616;10:
> > > 2533274857577417;3:
> > > People who delay their purchase will get screwed over spoilers. From what I’ve seen, most people are calling for a delay, whether they want an actual complete game at launch or whether they want to avoid spoilers before they get to play co-op.
> >
> > It’s called a vocal minority complaining which seems like the majority. The majority don’t really care about co op or forge and just want the game to release after 6 years of waiting. If the delayers want another delay they should delay their own purchase! Spoilers? That’s a consequence of the choice you made of not buying on launch.
>
> I’m sorry but this doesn’t really make sense. You’re saying if we want to experience the campaign blind with someone in coop we should delay our purchase which would mean we’d probably get it spoiled anyway. And you’re solution to not getting it spoiled is to get it day one which means we won’t be able to play it blind coop.
>
> What?

yeah confusing mess isn’t it?

> 2533274852319616;10:
> > 2533274857577417;3:
> > People who delay their purchase will get screwed over spoilers. From what I’ve seen, most people are calling for a delay, whether they want an actual complete game at launch or whether they want to avoid spoilers before they get to play co-op.
>
> It’s called a vocal minority complaining which seems like the majority. The majority don’t really care about co op or forge and just want the game to release after 6 years of waiting. If the delayers want another delay they should delay their own purchase! Spoilers? That’s a consequence of the choice you made of not buying on launch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJTTQHKUkxjEKBp-hJYHYcg/community?lb=UgwPufxbIhXm0iDkOHx4AaABCQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJEuW59O2puQ6gT6k4eyfXA/community?lb=Ugw1IJ-7lo8EDIpRYex4AaABCQ

Not a minority from what I’ve seen. Delay is best for everyone, try not to be so selfish.