What level is Halo 4's "The Library"?

By that, I mean which level is the least liked because of it’s difficulty?
Spartan Ops missions don’t count.

Want some good news? There isn’t a level in Halo 4 Campaign that has homogeneous level design and backtracking. Rejoice!

Forerunner. If I didn’t know the speed-run routes for that level on legendary, I might’ve killed myself before I completed it.

However, there isn’t a level in the game that is ridiculously repetitive and unchanging. Halo 4’s campaign always has you doing something new! :slight_smile:

> Forerunner. If I didn’t know the speed-run routes for that level on legendary, I might’ve killed myself before I completed it.

I agree. I didn’t have a speed run route :confused: Only level on Legendary I didn’t thoroughly enjoy

The Library was difficult?

That was easiest level on legendary in Halo 1…

Also the one I hate the most. Soooo repetitive… and boring. and long.

Forerunner, although it can’t measure with Library.

> The Library was difficult?
>
> That was easiest level on legendary in Halo 1…
>
> Also the one I hate the most. Soooo repetitive… and boring. and long.

I loved playing it in Halo CE: Anniversary.

The new graphics were absolutely stunning for that level.

Forerunner. I’ve been on Bungie.net and there were like over a hundred votes for that level. Also, I’ve died multiple times at the pylons section (before I learned about the skips).

Library. Worst. Level. Ever.
So stinking repetitive…but I don’t find that in halo 4 so don’t sorry about that…

Infinity was the level where I died the most on Legendary solo. Mostly the part where you have to defend your position against the onslaught of Prometheans.

Without knowledge, I agree, Forerunnner is bad. But my vote goes to Infinity. I can’t find enough ammo to kill all those Prometheans. Had to burst-fire the AR from mid-long range to take out their shields or use a Railgun if available and then finish them with the DMR. That, if they wouldn’t hide behind a rock before I would get a headshot. I tried skiping it by jumping in trees but I usually fall off. I hate the jungle part. The tank one is not hard, but more time-consuming.

Dont know what everyone is complaining about on the Forerunner level. I had almost zero problem defeating it on legendary.

I would have to say Reclaimer. Only Reason was because for me it glitched up (at least I think it was a glitch) and after the Lich showed up, Phantoms just kept replacing every ghost and wraith I killed for 2 hours. literally 2 hours it just kept replacing them. Why was that such a pain? the dang Mammoth only had assault rifles, battle rifles, and pistols on it. I used the rocket launchers already and the rocket turret (the one facing the direction of the enemies) was blown off a long time ago.

so I was stuck, literally for two hours, taking down ghosts and wraiths with just an assault rifle and pistol just waiting for it to finally say “GET IN THAT LICH”

I honestly hope it was a glitch.

Oh man…I forgot about infinity where you have to defend that hill…I probably spent 15 minutes one checkpoint doing only to die and revert to beginning of it…turrets really help, as do the rail guns…I was hiding on that fallen hollow tree for the longest time…

Reclaimer was a tough level…keep in mind my standpoint here is from legendary solo.

> I would have to say Reclaimer. Only Reason was because for me it glitched up (at least I think it was a glitch) and after the Lich showed up, Phantoms just kept replacing every ghost and wraith I killed for 2 hours. literally 2 hours it just kept replacing them. Why was that such a pain? the dang Mammoth only had assault rifles, battle rifles, and pistols on it. I used the rocket launchers already and the rocket turret (the one facing the direction of the enemies) was blown off a long time ago.
>
> so I was stuck, literally for two hours, taking down ghosts and wraiths with just an assault rifle and pistol just waiting for it to finally say “GET IN THAT LICH”
>
> I honestly hope it was a glitch.

I had the exact same problem. UGHHHH.
I died over 60 times (no, really) because I was with one other person, they were my “spawning beacon” on top of a cliff above the Wraiths/Ghosts and I just jumped down, threw nades, and tried to get on the Wraiths to melee them ._.

I think Midnight mainly because you only fight Prometheans.

> Dont know what everyone is complaining about on the Forerunner level. I had almost zero problem defeating it on legendary.
>
> I would have to say Reclaimer. Only Reason was because for me it glitched up (at least I think it was a glitch) and after the Lich showed up, Phantoms just kept replacing every ghost and wraith I killed for 2 hours. literally 2 hours it just kept replacing them. Why was that such a pain? the dang Mammoth only had assault rifles, battle rifles, and pistols on it. I used the rocket launchers already and the rocket turret (the one facing the direction of the enemies) was blown off a long time ago.
>
> so I was stuck, literally for two hours, taking down ghosts and wraiths with just an assault rifle and pistol just waiting for it to finally say “GET IN THAT LICH”
>
> I honestly hope it was a glitch.

Dude, hate to break it to you, but that’s not a glitch. It’s supposed to be huge waves of wraiths/ghosts there.

Just kill the marine in the gauss warthog by the rock (so that he won’t drive around like an idiot) and it should be a peace of cake :slight_smile:

> > The Library was difficult?
> >
> > That was easiest level on legendary in Halo 1…
> >
> > Also the one I hate the most. Soooo repetitive… and boring. and long.
>
> I loved playing it in Halo CE: Anniversary.
>
> The new graphics were absolutely stunning for that level.

It was way too bright in Anniversary though, It was dark and eerie in CE, it wasn’t anywhere near as dark or eerie in CEA, I will never forget wandering down those narrow tunnels, what so awesome.

Overall I think this game is much easier on legendary than, say, Halo Reach.

And I’m not complaining, it’s nice to not have to get to the point of frustration where you just get pissed off and don’t feel like playing anymore.

Also… the hilltop? That’s really easy, just use the turret on the right side when facing downhill. Don’t bother with the railgun and -Yoink-.

Shutdown. Ugh. ANd Forerunner isn’t too bad.

Shutdown or Forerunner.

Still, neither of those is HALF AS BAD as The Library. Thank 343i.