What kind of Skyboxes do you want to see?

Regarding the Halo 4 First Look Trailer, we didn’t see much of a skybox in Warhouse but we did see something that looks as if its from the Heavens in Wraparound and the scenes with Master Chief indicate some sort of Desert Wasteland to be present as well.

What else can we expect to see? A vast and blue Micro-dyson skybox similar to that such as what Halo Wars went for or an arctic tundra seen in the Halo 2 Library Levels.

What sort of skyboxes do you want to see?

There needs to be at least one with the Halo Ring stretching up into the sky on either side of you.

I want to see Skyboxes that don’t drag the game down to 5 frames on every MP map.

That would be a real treat.

If that means the skybox is just a giant mass of blue, do it Frankie!

I would love one that shows a form of a war in the background or a chaotic background. I would enjoy that, and maybe something inspirational for forge. Also a large variety for people who make machinimas. (I probably misspelled that)

And the ring idea was cool, Its a cool recurring sky-box I have come to love.

Ones like on the last mission of Halo: Reach (A.K.A Pillar of Autum)

Green sky

Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Annie skyboxes. :slight_smile:

Inside a shield world, where all you can see is landscapes. Directly above you, miles in the sky is the solar flare.

I think it’s a given that we’ll see skyboxes involving Sigma 7.

It’d be amazing to have skyboxes as part of playable level geometry as previous, but I assume fake, leaked previews have indicated combat will be similar to Battlefront’s with ground to air to ship combat without loading screens. If some enormous Forerunner ship or construct were under attack from the Flood and John had to take an aircraft skyward to board it, that would be -Yoinking!- amazing.

The concept art trailer indicated other UNSC forces will be present, so if the ship into which John must venture were severely damaged to the point of looking like art rather than basic geometry, but we could still venture inside with the real geometry stretching skyward and merging with the skybox, again, it would be stunning.

And some of the floating Forerunner (or dare I say Precursor) structures in that trailer also looked -Yoinking!- sweet.

Almost positive there will be a Dyson sphere one. One of the previewed MP maps was revealed to be by Frankie a ship that - if i remember correctly - actually produces the “sun” of a Dyson sphere.

What would Halo be without a halo skybox? (except Reach, but it had amazing skyboxes regardless :P)

I would really love a skybox like the ones found in Final Fantasy where you find yourself often taking time out of playing just to stand on an edge and stare at the sheer beauty and detail of the world around you. A world so breathtaking that you believe that it could exist.

I want see these kinds of Skyboxes:
-Covenant SuperCarrier
-Halo ring with Threshold and Basis in the Background
-Asteroids with a deep blue space
-Sigma 7
-Chaotic mega war in the background

I’d love for a purple sky on a map that’s akin to Sandtrap. Dude, there should be cactus’ in Halo 4.

Yes, that’s my request. There NEEDS to be Cacti in Halo 4, it’s a god -Yoink!- must.

Badlands orange sky like in Burial Mounds or like :56 of this video.

crazy, creative ones. Dark nights and cold grey skies.

I’d like to see a Shield World skybox that changes as the game progresses. If it turns into an all out war, have burning bits.

> I’d love for a purple sky on a map that’s akin to Sandtrap. Dude, there should be cactus’ in Halo 4.
>
> Yes, that’s my request. There NEEDS to be Cacti in Halo 4, it’s a god -Yoink!- must.

lol, I have no idea why, but now i want them to XD

A sky box like the one from the hang em high remake

that was epic

I know its kind of lame but I want a beautiful skybox that resembles hope. You know what I mean?

> I know its kind of lame but I want a beautiful skybox that resembles hope. You know what I mean?

I like your idea, something to inspire people. Good post man.