What kind of shields will the Jackals have?

In Halo: Reach, Jackal’s shields only have one slit in them. While in Halo 3, they have two slits.

Based on some concept art, their shields will only have one slit in Halo 4. This is just merely concept art, but it certainly does reflect the direction 343 is headed in.

What do you think about about this?
Which shield did you prefer?
Or does it even matter to you?

I really don’t care how many slits the jackals have in there shields.

I really don’t care AT ALL!

I like the reach one’s better. They better not be like CE where only plasma could take them out.

> I like the reach one’s better. They better not be like CE where only plasma could take them out.

Yeah, I agree.

I liked Reach’s Jackals the best so far.

i wish they didnt have shields at all there so annoying

> i wish they didnt have shields at all there so annoying

Is that not the point of shields?

I like reachs jackals… Anyone else ever wanted to USE that sheild?

> i wish they didnt have shields at all there so annoying

That would make them too easy

I don’t care that much. Mainly because the jackels are not a main enemy. I’m more concerned about what the new enemy’s shields are like… That’s if they even have shields.

But, I’d take a jackel with any shield any time of the week over a jackel with a beam rifle. In halo 2 the head shots were insane!

Edit: Speaking with legendary difficulty in mind.

> I like reachs jackals… Anyone else ever wanted to USE that sheild?

Yes! That’d be a fun AA, unless it’d turn into another armor lock.

We should be able to take their Shield and use it.

The Halo Reach shield looked the best. The Halo CE shield looked a bit cheesy. The Halo Reach Jackal shield was the only time I actually felt the urge to use it (and I stood on top of a Jackal corpse for minutes, trying to find a hidden easter egg allowing you to use it).

But apparently your main issue is with the number of slits. I would say that doesn’t matter at all, but then I realized the number of slits affect the difficulty of scoring a hit. Ah. I’ll go with one slit, because that makes them more challenging and less of cannon fodder.

I’m more concerned with the look of the Hunter shield. While the Jackal shield was like a tiny buckler, the Hunter shield is like a tower shield. I would prefer the ability to use Hunter shields more than the ability to use Jackal shields, simply because Hunter shields look well-proportioned on Spartans. The Jackal Shield would just look weak and ineffective.

I’m more concerned about what hand they use.

Halo 1-Left Hand
Halo 2-Left hand
Halo 3-Left Hand
Halo 3 ODST-Left Hand
Halo Wars-Left hand

Halo Reach-Right Hand.

WTF?

why did Bungie change it anyway?

343i better put this right in terms of canon.
Halo 4 they SHOULD be left handed

> I’m more concerned about what hand they use.
>
> Halo 1-Left Hand
> Halo 2-Left hand
> Halo 3-Left Hand
> Halo 3 ODST-Left Hand
> Halo Wars-Left hand
>
> Halo Reach-Right Hand.
>
> WTF?
>
> why did Bungie change it anyway?
>
> 343i better put this right in terms of canon.
> Halo 4 they SHOULD be left handed

It’s not really a big deal in terms of canon, because it can be easily be hand-waved by saying “oh, Halo Reach’s Jackals were a branch of sharpshooters specially selected because they could fire with their right hand”.

It doesn’t matter to me as long as it retains its symmetry.

> > I’m more concerned about what hand they use.
> >
> > Halo 1-Left Hand
> > Halo 2-Left hand
> > Halo 3-Left Hand
> > Halo 3 ODST-Left Hand
> > Halo Wars-Left hand
> >
> > Halo Reach-Right Hand.
> >
> > WTF?
> >
> > why did Bungie change it anyway?
> >
> > 343i better put this right in terms of canon.
> > Halo 4 they SHOULD be left handed
>
> It’s not really a big deal in terms of canon, because it can be easily be hand-waved by saying “oh, Halo Reach’s Jackals were a branch of sharpshooters specially selected because they could fire with their right hand”.
>
> It doesn’t matter to me as long as it retains its symmetry.

not really the point though of just waving it away.

i actually found it hard to ajust to aim at their right side for the quick 1-2.
much easier aiming at their left hand

I just hope they hold them in the correct hand this time…

> > > I’m more concerned about what hand they use.
> > >
> > > Halo 1-Left Hand
> > > Halo 2-Left hand
> > > Halo 3-Left Hand
> > > Halo 3 ODST-Left Hand
> > > Halo Wars-Left hand
> > >
> > > Halo Reach-Right Hand.
> > >
> > > WTF?
> > >
> > > why did Bungie change it anyway?
> > >
> > > 343i better put this right in terms of canon.
> > > Halo 4 they SHOULD be left handed
> >
> > It’s not really a big deal in terms of canon, because it can be easily be hand-waved by saying “oh, Halo Reach’s Jackals were a branch of sharpshooters specially selected because they could fire with their right hand”.
> >
> > It doesn’t matter to me as long as it retains its symmetry.
>
> not really the point though of just waving it away.
>
> i actually found it hard to ajust to aim at their right side for the quick 1-2.
> much easier aiming at their left hand

Yeah, I had that problem too. Too used to aiming at the left. But once I grew used to it it wasn’t a problem anymore.

So I agree that they should go back to holding it in the Halo 3 hand. Better go back to Halo 3 to train at aiming at the left hand…

They should vary between left and right. Makes the covenant seem less generic and like a real species that aren’t all the same. Like maybe this Brute can’t smack you as hard as this other one.
That would be great