What keeps human troops from crying.

I ask because i have been burned before, and it sucks. I have had hot water thrown on my from a bucket and that sucked even more. My brother tricked me when I was a 9 to put my hand on a Hot Iron. I screamed for what felt like hours.

But in Halo i think it lacks this element sort of. The Super Heated Plasma will slam right into marines in gameplay and all i here if “ow”

OW WTF do you mean OW, that was plasma, you just don’t say OW!

That’s gameplay vs canon in a nutshell! I don’t really think 343i wants to make marines more ineffective than they are in Campaign/SpOps by making them die in 1-2 plasma bolts.

Gameplay =/= canon. If Halo was real life, those marines would likely be dead.

Yeah a plasma bolt anywhere would probably blow a hole right through them unless their armour took the force of it, in which case they could risk having their armour fused to their flesh because of the heat.

Gameplay =/= canon.

Can you imagine how annoying it would be if the NPCs were constantly screaming in agony after every hit? In the Halo series, it would be like the soundtrack for Hell.

> Can you imagine how annoying it would be if the NPCs were constantly screaming in agony after every hit? In the Halo series, it would be like the soundtrack for Hell.

If they snuck some animals screams into the marine AI scripting, there could be amusement brought out of that ;).

> If they snuck some animals screams into the marine AI scripting, there could be amusement brought out of that ;).

That’s kind of f___d up dude… :stuck_out_tongue:

> > If they snuck some animals screams into the marine AI scripting, there could be amusement brought out of that ;).
>
> That’s kind of f___d up dude… :stuck_out_tongue:

No, nothing like an animal in legit pain scream, but something more like this.

You mean somehting like this: go to 8mins 27secs.

Gameplay vs canon. Also, the plasma is probably hot enough to destroy nerve cells, at which point the victim wouldn’t be able to feel much pain, if any at all.

I Believe <this trailer is the only form of visual media that captures the actual horror and gritty atmosphere the Halo Universe actually is.

I thought you were referring to the fact that the Human troops are fighting an advanced, mysterious, and powerful galactic force capable of destroying planets.

I mean, because it is a pretty hopeless situation.

For gameplay, in the “Believe” trailer you can see the harsh reality of the war, in Forward Unto Dawn you can see the pain Chyler goes through when impaled by a Needler round

A needler round or other shrapnel-type wounds will hurt a LOT more than something like plasma.

Plasma would burn straight through whatever tissues it impacts.

If it severs/destroys nerve endings, there will be no neural impulse from pain fibers to the brain. therefore, a relative lack of pain disproportionate to the injury.

Canonically, plasma ordnance can melt through un-shielded MJOLNIR armor.