what it should have

Halo infinite should have the following,split screen,no armor abilities,and ranks(ex.reach)

split screen’s already been confirmed

The armor abilities should be removed and S**print kept

> 2533274927074651;3:
> The armor abilities should be removed and S**print kept

I honestly have no idea why so many people want sprint to be kept in Halo. It alters Halo to the point where it doesn’t play like Halo anymore. And it’s not as if Halo needs sprint to remain relevant. Halo was the most popular game without sprint. Overwatch and Doom don’t have sprint and they’re popular today. And sprint is an illusion in Halo anyway. I just don’t get it.

> 2533274879416877;4:
> > 2533274927074651;3:
> > The armor abilities should be removed and S**print kept
>
> I honestly have no idea why so many people want sprint to be kept in Halo. It alters Halo to the point where it doesn’t play like Halo anymore. And it’s not as if Halo needs sprint to remain relevant. Halo was the most popular game without sprint. Overwatch and Doom don’t have sprint and they’re popular today. And sprint is an illusion in Halo anyway. I just don’t get it.

I mean lore wise it makes sense to keep sprint. Perhaps Chief wasn’t able to do it in his Mark V armor because the augments couldn’t handle it at the time with the current generation of armor he had. Running with 600 pounds of armor on would probably take its toll on even a Spartan after a while. Even when upgrading to Mark VI it probably still wasn’t rated for long term Sprinting. Spartan 3’s had an ability to basically jump start their muscles and reactive capabilities to sprint for short periods of time, but it quickly burned out and needed to recharge (again, 600 pounds of armor and the 3’s didn’t have nearly the extensive surgical procedures done to them that the 2’s had).

3’s were known for being the field testers for new tech, but it’s very likely the Sprint mod was trashed in favor of a cheaper and far safer method; natural ability. Spartan 4’s have possibly lighter armor but supposedly have the same kinds of augments 2’s have (correct me if I’m wrong) so they can actually sprint.

If I am wrong about any of this, any fellow Halo nerd may feel free to correct me.

> 2533274879416877;4:
> > 2533274927074651;3:
> > The armor abilities should be removed and S**print kept
>
> I honestly have no idea why so many people want sprint to be kept in Halo. It alters Halo to the point where it doesn’t play like Halo anymore. And it’s not as if Halo needs sprint to remain relevant. Halo was the most popular game without sprint. Overwatch and Doom don’t have sprint and they’re popular today. And sprint is an illusion in Halo anyway. I just don’t get it.

Well technically more games in the FPS series have had Sprint as a part of it than not. Halo Reach, 4, and 5 have it, so Infinite is more than likely having it too. 3 I believe even had it but was hidden away tucked as an unfinished feature. Just adapt. It doesn’t kill to have features implemented. There’s going to end up being playlists that won’t utilize these features at some point that will fall back on these traditional roles from previous titles (Throwback playlists).

If you want no abilities, go jump on MCC. Infinite is it’s own identity, so people really need to quit trying to ruin it with nostalgia from games that were limited by console specs for their times. Those past titles were great for their times. 343 has been reinventing the wheel and it’s refreshing that Halo is relevant and still has it’s own identity.

Feel free to use any of the existing wish list threads, thanks :slight_smile: