What is Your Opinion of a Return on FIrefight

Does anyone think that firefight will make its grand return in Halo 5? Personally I really enjoyed firefight and I was just wondering if anyone had the same viewpoint as me. Do you guys want firefight back. I know I do!

WUDSI3 :smiley:

I doubt it but I hope so.

Would be the good ODST one or the crappy Reach one? I think the Xbox One could easily handle SpOps and Firefight, I much prefer SpOps

I want a good stable ODST firefight return. Not one where you can go make your own gametypes and completely cheese the system. No I would like a good return. A STABLE return of firefight.

I’m hoping for the return of Firefight. ODST did it right though, it was much darker (mood) and the maps were better. I would very much enjoy a variant without shields as well.

And please, no more enemies that teleport into their spawn points like Reach, have them creatively enter the map through doors, vents, ships, etc. I cannot count how many times a group of Red Elites with snipers would appear and turn me into an expensive metal shish kabob.

As long as its like ODST’S firefight and not Reach.

I loved firefight because it gave me stuff to shoot at with my custom spartan,as well as creating fun new game modes (I.E. Covenant all have ADD and don’t pay attention very well). I missed it in H4, and the fact that Spartan Ops requires XBL pissed me off.

I think it would be cool to have SpOps and Firefight, whenever a season is done you could hop into Firefight

> I loved firefight because it gave me stuff to shoot at with my custom spartan,as well as creating fun new game modes (<mark>I.E. Covenant all have ADD and don’t pay attention very well</mark>). I missed it in H4, and the fact that Spartan Ops requires XBL pissed me off.

If you could have just worded that differently and then I would have appreciated your post…

I, as an individual, do suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder, and I happen to be offended from this post…

But I do agree with you that Firefight is best with a Custom Games aspect, and that Spartan Ops was extremely restrictive and did not nearly live to it’s potential.

I was never really a fan of firefight but if it were to return then i’d like to see it turn into more of a survival gametype (no endpoint) and for them add in a system where your points can be used to purchase extra weapons, vehicles, etc…

Meh, when you have a system that as one of it’s cardinal selling points touts new cloud powered AI bring back space invaders doesn’t sound particularly appealing. Firefight had SOME good points but mostly it was a grind against one-dimensional bots. As flawed as SOPS may be it’s a huge improvement on that score (up from the 80’s arcade to the 90’s linear shooter) and what I’d like to see is some dedicated improvements to THAT rather than wasting resources trying to make camping the AI a dynamic/fun experience. Its awkward and outdated now, it was when bungie released the gametype, and after games like Titanfall it’s just going to be silly.

In all honesty, Reach’s firefight killed it for me. I didn’t find it too entertaining at all. Spartan Ops was cool and some missions were really interesting but overall I was underwhelmed. I don’t think bringing Firefight back would catch my interest again but thats just me.

Just release it as a custom games option so it doesn’t clutter the UI, and give it two maps and a few options. If there’s tons of demand for it then you can do more than that.

Well, I think Spartan Ops is trashed (gameplay wise).

People didn’t particularly enjoy the same environments being used over and over again, and my friend would only watch the cutscenes after a while.

I think this new Halo TV series will be Halo Infinity Season 2. Either that, or some stuff during the Human-Covenant War, but that’s been done to death.

So, Classic ODST Firefight with some new innovations (not like Reach) would be great for Halo 5! Imagine how big they could make the battles be.

Customisation is good. High Scores are good. Gametypes that know what they want to be and execute well are good.

Firefight was all of these.

Spops was none of them.

EDIT: Also, all you people talking trash about Reach Firefight can -Yoink-. All it was missing was a few set skull options and better MM setups.

> I was never really a fan of firefight but if it were to return then i’d like to see it turn into more of a survival gametype (no endpoint) and for them add in a system where your points can be used to purchase extra weapons, vehicles, etc…

Do you think that idea will turn into treyarchs zombie mode though?
Personally I want ODST’s firefight, it had a ‘thing’ that just made it so fun and all my friends would gladly play it. Less buy stuff with points, more survival aspects and reinforcements drops.

Oh and don’t make the game modes editable!

WUDSI3 :smiley:

Yes. Preferably an iteration that doesn’t have infinite ammo crates.

More content is never bad, so I’d love to see it return. As long as it doesn’t effect Spartan Ops in a negative way, that is.

I think they should simply add a Firefight “mode” to Spartan Ops, so the Spartan Ops environments can be used for both Spartan Ops and Firefight, which makes including both that much easier.

I would prefer SpOps, but if it was truly canceled I would love to see Firefight instead, hopefully closer to its ODST counterpart.

They’re probably going to bring back Firefight because of SpOps failing, but I would also want BOTS in Custom Games.

Why must I be forced to play with 4 people offline? It gets extremely boring after a while, and when I want to test my Forge maps, I have to sign in a guest.

But it may not work correctly because of NAV mesh, but I would rather have 343 spend time on that then restore Firefight.

As for ODST or Reach style I say Reach because of the customization (you can make it like ODST.)