What is your favourite memory of the old Halo's?

Now that Waypoint has changed, the sunsetting of the old Halo games suddenly seems a lot closer than what is was prior to the update.

To preserve the good times, let’s tell some campfire-like stories of the good old days. It doesn’t really matter if you have no clips or screenshots to back up what you say, as I have lost all my old ones, but the memories are still with me.

I remember being in a Capture the Flag game on Highground, it was 2 - 1 to us, and the enemy had the flag. All of my team, including me, was respawning and the opposing team were near their capture point. I spawned first, grabbed the Ghost, and sped off in pursuit to try and prevent the match ending in a draw. I’ll be honest, I don’t think anyone on the opposing team expected a Ghost to come charging at them. I killed 3 right off the bat before they knew what was happening. The fourth one tried to shoot me, but my Ghost’s plasma cut them down easily, leaving just the flag carrier, who, to their credit, kept hold of the flag with nothing but the goal in mind. He too fell to the plasma with mere seconds to spare and feet away from the capture point. The match ended 2 - 1 to us all because of that one momemt.

3 Likes

I’ll always cherish the Halo 2 interactive menu screen with Heavy Price Paid playing in the background. The player models when choosing the color of your multiplayer spartan and the online lobby.

3 Likes

Playing with my friends at Halo 3 and Reach. We spend a heck of alot of time chatting and playing campaign.

4 Likes

LAN parties, every other week in high school we would always bring our 360s and play customs all night long. The most recent one I had was when crossplay came out for MCC, definitely brought back the good times.

5 Likes

One of my favorite was messing around with my friends in Sidewinder trying to get our ghosts up in the top part of the bases. Spent a lot of time just flipping around in Vehicles

3 Likes

Easily Halo 2. The early XBL experience was otherworldly at the time and it was my first competitive FPS. Going from having casual fun and learning to actually play the game over time was memorable. It set the pace for every title after.

2 Likes

This happened back in high school.

Started a usual game of CTF Blood Gulch on Halo CE PC on the school computers in the library. Initially started out with 5 of my friends and me included. Five minutes later, and the match turned into a full blown out 8v8 until the librarian walked in to wonder what’s with all of the noise coming from the computer lab.

3 Likes

Getting a bunch of the guys together during H2, H3, and Reach and absolutely demolishing everyone in our path in matchmaking. Trash talking included.

2 Likes

Did you guys get kicked out or was the librarian okay with it?

1 Like

Sadly, everyone in the lab was kicked out by the librarian, and the computer lab was closed off to students for a week. But that wasn’t the end of it, the copy of Halo CE I gave to my friends spread like wildfire throughout the school.

A month after that, I found a bunch of juniors playing Halo CE during lunch break, and I joined in albeit all of us tried our best to keep our voice down to not attract the library staff’s attention.

2 Likes

I’ll never forget being the first in line at my local GameStop for the midnight release of Halo 3. The hype, anticipation, and excitement was out of this world! All of the LAN parties, all-nighters, achievement hunting, and the friends that I made through Halo 3 is why this game will forever be my favorite.

2 Likes

Playing swat on reach

That sounds like quite an experience. The town I currently live in doesn’t really do midnight launches as I would have most certainly had gone, lol. Granted, I had college the next day, but as soon as I finished I went straight to Gamestation and picked up my pre-ordered copy. I was so eager to play it, lol.

1 Like

I loved having get out of the map parties in H2.

1 Like

Doing Vidmaster challenges on H3 and ODST with buddies. Good old days.

3 Likes

When talking about PvP I usually say the time when I was playing Halo 3 on longshore when the mythic II map pack came out. I was trying to get the ghost patrol achievement and so was everyone else so the competition for the ghost was high. After the competition for the ghost died down I finally got the ghost but didn’t see the enemy that grabbed camo heading towards me. While I was being hijacked I got frustrated but quickly turned that frustration to vengeance by driving me and the enemy off the side of the map. I started laughing while thinking, if I am not getting the achievement neither is he.

2 Likes

when either of my friends completely annihilate entire teams in close quarter combat,
while I was standing still after a respawn because the scheme was so intense I didn’t notice it,
and then having to excuse myself when they died, by explaining, I watched the entire fight. Regularly.

but specifically, referring to close matches when they pulled out all the stops and capped it. Like win by 1-5s, where i did nothing for 10-25 seconds

4 Likes

Same here, I would love to relive those memories.

My favorite Halo memory will always of when I first started the original Combat Evolved. When I first inserted the disk into my Xbox and I got to the menu screen & heard that chanting, I knew then & there the game would be something special.

1 Like

Being 8 years old and playing as The Arbiter in the Halo 2 campaign for the first time.
Not to mention the level, Sacred Icon, scared the crap out of me back then.

1 Like