What is your favourite Halo?

The new Halo Waypoint has begun, so someone has to do this:

What’s your favourite Halo game of all time? Mine is Halo 2 :wink:

13 Likes

Halo 3. Infinite might have a chance to change that.

4 Likes

My favorite Halo game has to be halo ce
But infinite might take the cake

1 Like

does MCC count as one?

6 Likes

@IsiFire9120 Anything counts as long as it’s your favorite. Some people like a specific Halo and some people like them all in one :grin:

1 Like

Im always so torn between Halo 2 and Halo 3. I really like Halo 2 musically and score wise but I also really like the Halo 3 gameplay. But I think Halo 2 takes the cake for me ! I like the arbiter missions and the pretty scenery from regret.

1 Like

I still like Halo 3. I really like the story and the gameplay in the Halo 3 campaign levels.

1 Like

MCC, that should cover it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

1 Like

I like all of the Halo games for different reasons.

Favorite Campaign: Halo 3: ODST

Favorite Cinematics: Halo Wars 2

Favorite Arena Multiplayer: Halo 5: Guardians

Favorite Narrative Direction: Halo 4

Favorite Local Multiplayer: Halo 2 and 3

Favorite Soundtrack: Halo 2: Anniversary

Favorite Game for Nostalgia Factor: Halo: CE

Favorite Customs: Halo: Reach

5 Likes

Halo 2 but Infinite will probably change that.

2 Likes

Halo 3, no Halo game has come close to topping it in my opinion, perhaps Halo Infinite will change that? Who knows.

2 Likes

A mix between CE and 2. I think CE had the best weapon sandbox, but 2 had the best multiplayer maps and writing.

2 Likes

When I take everything into consideration, overall it has to be Halo Reach. Remember Reach :cry:

5 Likes

H3 and H4. They both were my introduction into the series!

2 Likes

Halo Reach is probably my favorite. The story felt a lot more personal given it was a Spartan I invested months of my time to build out my look and create a backstory for my own head canon. The original trilogy and Master Chief will always be my favorites, but it was something about finally getting to create my own Spartan and fight alongside my team that immersed me so much more into the Fall of Reach.

3 Likes

Halo reach. Looking forward to see if infinite can take its spot.

3 Likes

For campaign/story, my personal favorite is Halo 4 (which turns 9 years old today). I really loved the emotional narrative and characterization throughout its campaign. It felt so human and on par with the books. In no particular order, the runner-ups would definitely be Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo Wars 1 & 2. The only one I honestly wasn’t fond of narratively was Halo 5: Guardians.

As for multiplayer, my top favorites include Halo 2 (Classic and Anniversary), Halo: Reach, and Halo 5. Even then, I honestly just have a lot of fun playing each of the Halo games’ multiplayer online and with friends, so I don’t have a real preference for any of them.

4 Likes

My halo tier list:
[Halo 5] - Good multiplayer & forge (forge was the best imo, but I hope infinite has better forge)
[Halo 2 & 3] - Great campaign, good multiplayer, all-round good.
[Halo 4] - Very ify, campaign was the best, fore was ok, but could’ve been better.
[Halo: Reach] - Great campaign, fun forge, decent multiplayer.
[Halo 3: ODST] - amazing campaign.

Just my opinion, but so far Halo 5 ifs my fav, although I do play a lot of Halo MCC, but in Halo 5 you have a lot of freedom in the Forge, and there’s really fun multiplayer on the custom community-created forge maps, plus you could finally aim, although it didn’t have that ‘new’ feel as when we first got forge, but we had a lot of room for creativity, and I hope Infinite adds to that, like giving us the assets to make maps that feel like it was made by actual game devs. Maybe we could even make our own custom campaigns or somethin.

Aside from all that, I feel like Infinite will capitalize on what Halo 5 did right.

Fun memories. But alas, you don’t really realize you were in the golden days till they were long gone, but that doesn’t mean it was a one-time thing.

But by far 5 was my fav. Trynna beat the campaign on Legendary. Plus, I really like Firefight PvE, as I feel PvP is really sweaty, might just me being bad at the game tho lol.

(Infinite isn’t on the list, since it wouldn’t be fair to judge it right now, since it isn’t officially out yet, but when I played the Tech Preview or Tech Test, I thought it had pretty good multiplayer, and did a good job replicating the Banished Ghost, but in my opinion, the Warthog didn’t feel like it had enough HP. But all in all, I thought it was fun, especially the new guns. gets a solid 8.)

5 Likes

I would say that MCC counts as one.

2 Likes

I love all the games for very different reasons
but when it comes down to campaigns
Halo CE, ODST and reach probably stood out to me the most
CE for being 20 years old is incredibly fun and has such a unique charm to it
ODST while definitely not the best halo game I just love everything about it
it does an incredibly job in atmosphere, characters and music
also all the different mechanics and the sorta open world ish hub it had was perfect
and reach just had such a great sorta dark and gritty story that I will never forget. plus I love all of noble team

2 Likes