What is your favorite Halo experience? (Single player + Multiplayer) (pick up to 2)

• Halo CE
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo Reach
  • Halo 4
  • Halo 5
  • Halo Infinite

0 voters

1 Like

Halo 2 best story

Halo 5 best multiplayer

1 Like

Halo 2 Multiplayer
Halo 3 Experience

3 Likes

Halo 2’s BTB
Halo 2 and Halo 3’s campaign
Halo 3’s custom games
Halo: Reach’s new types of custom games because of gametype scripting and forge.

Honorable mention: Pre-PC MCC and Xbox 360 forge controls where the object rotated around the player instead of the player rotating around the object. There really should be a toggle for this because it was a lot of fun messing around with the physics this way.

Halo 3 forge co-op was also a lot more stable than it is today in MCC.

On that note, 343i really needs to bring back the Open lobby option to MCC so inviting other players doesn’t require them to be on your friends list. That was a new change made in Season 6 or 7.

3 Likes

Halo 2 BTB was always pure excitement and chaos for me. Halo Reach did an amazing job on the Forge and truly continued the ability for people to create absolute beautiful maps.

1 Like

I initially marked H3 and HCE, but then I kind of thought about it… HCE has my favorite single player campaign of probably any game I’ve ever played. But gosh darn did I put time into H5’s MP.

So if I’m actually being honest… I picked H3 and H5, with HCE being a very near 3rd place to those two.

Halo Reach for story - even knowing that there was no flood, the story was pretty sad. This is the only part of the Halo which I have completed 4 times. All other parts I was playing only 2 times (normal and legendary).

Halo Reach again for multiplayer. In this case I didn’t play in Halo 5. Infinite does not have my favorite battles like Zooooombies and Firefight. So only because of that. If those 2 things will be added, than Infinite will be on the first place for me.

It’s really hard, but I went for Halo 3 and Halo Infinite.

I have a lot of love for Halo 2 campaign and Halo 5 multiplayer.

Halo Infinite is my favourite campaign, it’s almost up there for multiplayer too. As more content is added I think it will take top spot.

How am I just supposed to pick a favorite Halo? What an absurd notion.

2 Likes

Solid detailed answer

100%. I’m literally playing rn.
Halo 2 BTB peak Halo.
I’m not sure why, but I know it’s true.

1 Like

Halo Reach BTB - because of the Falcon for PvP.
Halo Reach for PvE because of the Space battles.

1 Like

Halo 2 Campaign
Halo 3 Multiplayer

Where ODST?

2 Likes

I voted H2 for story since you forgot ODST.

H3 for multiplayer.

I didn’t forget ODST, I just don’t consider it a full game. It doesn’t have a multiplayer component. ODST is a great campaign though no doubt. All these Halo’s you’re the Chief or a Spartan. ODST is technically part of H3 as it’s literally called ‘Halo 3: ODST’ after all. Instead of MP they had firefight and the Mythic map pack for H3. (and a reach beta)

I see a lot of people saying H5 MP was their favorite. H5 is my least fav halo on all fronts. Not gonna bother getting into the crapshoot of a campaign. Multiplayer wise, I don’t like the sprint, slide, thrust, clamber direction halo has gone in. Mind you, I was never a fan of jetpack in reach and 4. Clambering removes the raw skill of jumping in halo imo

1 Like

Yeah well if we’re counting ODST as part of H3, which is fair, then H3 is the best for Campaign too. God I love Halo 3.

1 Like

You really should split up Multiplayer between LAN and Matchmaking. As an example, HCE and Halo 2 were better on LAN than Halo 3, but Halo 3 was probably slightly better in (the more fine-tuned) Matchmaking experience with Forge.

Halo ce - Assault on the control room
Halo 3 odst vidmaster challenge

The 3 months after halo 2 launched I played so much major clan btb.
Clan name was “halo apartment”, since like 18 people moved into my condo. Had to upgrade the electric
We were top 10 in major clan, until people started moving out.
Some of the best times of my life…
Until halo 3…and “halo shop”.
We all got together and rented a storefront for a month in the middle of town. Covered the windows with camo curtains, and we all put our master chief helmets on display.
Even the police came to check it out.
Playing btb i looked up when a group of cops walked in…
Sigh.
Some of the people in halo shop got sponsored by 180 energy drinks, and we had to start locking the doors