What Is Wrong With 343i?

Ok, well this is sorta a rant.

When somebody is like “Ugh, I hate 343i, they’re gonna make Halo 4 suck fuzzy balls”. Or something in that vicinity of words, I get pissed off. What is wrong with 343i? What makes them such horrible people, or horrible game designers?

Personally, I think Bungie held back from us a bit, sure we were super humans, jumping 7 feet, falling and not getting hurt (halo 3), and moving at 20 mph. I know that is extreme, and awesome, but I feel there is so much to be done to Halo that can make it much better than it is currently, or will be.

For instance:
Maybe a smidgen of parkour thrown into the game, like a wall jump, or vaults, or when you hit the ground from a high fall it goes into an animation where you do a barrel roll, or you see your hands hit the ground and push you back up! Something to bring that next level combat alive.

Or, maybe we jump higher, run faster, just all around feel more awesome (if possible). With this I am unsure what to do, but I know it can be done.

More tactical than just, Get big gun, shoot, rinse, repeat. Now I do like Halo’s gameplay but it is a bit repetitive. I think it’d be great if it added ammo packs to give to your enemy, or a one time (per life) use of a health pack, or a strength booster pack (one per life again). Also getting into cover, like in Crysis 1 & 2, or like setting up a bipod in battlefield three. (I don’t want crysis, or BF3 but I am saying it’d be cool to have maybe a gametype that is more tactical than all others).

I honestly think 343i is great, Bungie was great too, but only time will tell which is better at making games… Anyways, Some members from Bungie are going to work on Halo 4 at 343i, so don’t say “343 Sucks, 'cause it isn’t Bungie”.

But, I hope you don’t think I am just some cynical bleep, and if you do, then oh well, but have a nice day, and thanks for reading!

People who say 343 sucks are closed minded because they can’t accept the change video games need to stay at the top and make the most money these days.

If people want Bungie back, they can happily go and beg Microsoft to drop a company of 200+ for Bungie who is signed with Activision making their next game called Destiny.

It’s a matter of opinion.

I agree that 343i is NOT bad and no-one will change my opinion but others will of course see things differently.

I don’t wanna be rude but most people who think halo is really simpler are really bad at it and they’re bad at it because they play in the most obvious, brainless way possible.

If you really thought while you played and did unpredictable things not only would you get a lot better, you’d enjoy the game more too.

Having a more streamlined sandbox allows the game to be shaped by player action and ingenuity, and that is endless.

I can honestly say that this may be the absolute worst batch of suggestions for gameplay that I have ever seen. I’ sorry, but most of those tuck and roll animation things would just slow the game down more. And how much would it suck if you were say chasing the flag guy as he is about to cap and you have to jump down then go into a little tuck and roll animation that you can’t shoot during. I would rather stay in control of my game and character the whole game and not spend most of it in some kind of cut scene (that is what campaign is for).

As for the super soldier serum and portable health pack, that would take away the entire reason that they decided to re-add the health pack into the Halo series. They wanted more map movement because you had to travel the map to find the health, but if you all carry one around, what good it that?

> People who say 343 sucks are <mark>closed minded</mark> because they can’t accept the change video games need to stay at the top and make the most money these days.

If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out. (Tim Minchin ©)

> People who say 343 sucks are closed minded because they can’t accept the change <mark>video games need to stay at the top and make the most money these days.</mark>

Yep, and this is highly unfortunate.

What’s wrong with welcoming some changes while not liking the others? Can’t we have opinions here? I don’t worry about campaign and spartan ops. I welcome most changes but I’ll never accept character progression. Halo should’ve stayed an arena shooter, period. (IMO)

I think 343i is doing a great job, I love what I’ve seen so far from Halo 4 and I also think they did a wonderful job on CEA in association with Saber.

> People who say 343 sucks are closed minded because they can’t accept the change video games need to stay at the top and make the most money these days.
>
> If people want Bungie back, they can happily go and beg Microsoft to drop a company of 200+ for Bungie who is signed with Activision making their next game called Destiny.

What makes it even better is that Destiny is going to be sci-fi first person shooter. I remember when Bungie was leaving Halo behind to “Do something new.” and signed a contract with Activison, who then said “We want you to do the same thing to did before, but different.”

Nothing’s wrong with 343.

What’s wrong with you?

You raise good points, but as I said, when you take a BIG fall let’s say something that’d kill you back in Reach, then you do a tuck and roll, decreasing damage taken, and keeping you alive. Also, I said that there could be a more tactical gametype than just your average gameplay.