What is with this petty CoD vs. Halo rivalry?

Why do people care if CoD is more populated than Halo?

If the current Halo is active enough for matches to be found relatively quick, why does it matter? Do we really care if Black Ops 2 gets more pre-orders than Halo 4?

No one cares as long as no one brings it up.

I don’t really care. Just part of the fanboy mentality?

umm because…GEARS OF WAR! YEAH!

didnt see that coming did you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s all about choice

> No one cares as long as no one brings it up.

Exactly. There’s not even a reason to mention CoD in these forums. Most people just like to rock the boat.

I dont understand why the two are constantly compared to each other…
Yeah they’re both popular FPS’ but they’re so different that it’s stupid to compare their gameplay. Halo is a sci-fi arena shooter, and CoD is a military shooter. Each has something about it that makes it fun in its own way. So comparing the two of them in a “which is better” competition is beyond my comprehension.

Some people treat games just like they treat sports teams. They get overly protective and view competitors with disdain, same thing that happens with apple fanboys and fandroids.

To each their own I guess.

I don’t care about COD being more populated than Halo I just don’t like COD and when I see 343 altering Halo with COD “ideas” (I know other games have them as well) it just kinda freaks me out.

> I don’t care about COD being more populated than Halo I just don’t like COD and when I see 343 altering Halo with COD “ideas” (I know other games have them as well) it just kinda freaks me out.

Producing video games is a collaborative process.

> Some people treat games just like they treat sports teams. They get overly protective and view competitors with disdain, same thing that happens with apple fanboys and fandroids.
>
> To each their own I guess.

Fandroids…wow never heard that term before xD

Well, a lot of people (myself included) want Halo to be the biggest thing out there because it really is a great series. And naturally CoD is Halo’s biggest competitor so we are bound to get a little agitated when it outsells our favorite game.

I myself dislike the series in general because of what it’s doing to the gaming industry.

> > I don’t care about COD being more populated than Halo I just don’t like COD and when I see 343 altering Halo with COD “ideas” (I know other games have them as well) it just kinda freaks me out.
>
> Producing video games is a collaborative process.

I’m aware of that but Halo is Halo and COD is COD just keep it that way and I’ll be happy ( P.S. from what I’ve seen Halo 4 looks to be awesome so don’t think I’m talking about that)

I preordered both. Sue me.

I like both. I think halo takes a bit more skill but cod takes faster reflexes, its really hard to go from one to the other though, its a real mindmuck

This is so true in how both games have something that makes it special in its own way. A lot has changed in the last couple of years with cod and halo. While bungie or 343 have been making games infinity ward and or activsion and been constantly releasing games from cod 2 to black ops 2. So there have been a lot of people buying cod. But halo in my opinion is ten times better then cod. It has its own playstyle and i like the way it plays.

> Why do people care if CoD is more populated than Halo?
>
> If the current Halo is active enough for matches to be found relatively quick, why does it matter? Do we really care if Black Ops 2 gets more pre-orders than Halo 4?

Halo 4 actually has more pre orders on the Xbox 360 than COD. If Halo was on PS3 it wouldnt even be close…

I enjoy both. I’ve just grown tired of yearly installments with minor improvements. Thinking about buying blops2 but not right away.