What is up with the betrayal booting system?

I was playing the new BTB objective playlist today, and was walking to a ghost. a guy in a mantis saw what i was doing and very nicely blew it up… freakin troll. so i shot him once with my battle rifle. 8 betrayals later, i get the message to boot him. why not after the 3rd? or 4th, max? i mean, 8?!? 8 betrayals? come on 343i. This needs to be fixed. Halo used to be my all time favorite game, played it everyday. but now… i cant stand to play the multiplayer on Halo 4. it drives me insane.

It can be difficult for a machine to tell if the betrayal is accidental or intentional. If he shot at an enemy and then shot you, then it is harder to tell than if he runs up, stands, and shoots you in the head until you drop. It is also difficult when he uses an automatic or AOE weapon: you may have been caught in the crossfire. Anyway, the betrayal boot system usually comes up for me after 1 or 2 betrayals. You just must have gotten REALLY unlucky. :stuck_out_tongue:

he was in a Mantis. Then after his mantis blew up, he stuck me twice and splattered me with the ghost. then the boot prompt came up.

Were the sticks at close or mid-range? I think that eventually, the mechanic for the boot will come up once a certain number of betrayals has occurred, so, you just had a really unlucky time. Sorry.

we were on ragnarock. i felt if i just left him alone he’d go away but he knew my service tag, and followed me and he’d run right up to me and stick me then proceeded to t-bag me…

I had this happen in reach. Lol it came to a bretrayal war that actually ended up that we betrayed each other at least 15+ times and neither of us booted each other.
It was actually really funny…even though it really confuses me how the system deciphers these things.
I am accidentally betraying people left and right with grenades in lockdown or things like that, but I can’t remember the last time I was booted in halo 4. It all seems to work out pretty well.

I probably betray someone by accident once every three games. Lol it’s terrible.

I have the opposite problem. I was playing btb skirmish and grabed rocket and snipes in the first minute of the game, prolly had like 6 kills and then i watch an enemy hop into an empty mantis so I fired two rounds of rockets at the mantis and the first one hit but betrayed a teamate who was jumping up to jack it, second one blew up the mantis. I got kicked within 2 of the game starting with like 4 unused rockets and 10 sniper rounds I was pissed.

I often get booted for accidental betrayals concerning hijacking and it only takes 1, I wish people would look at the scoreboard before booting the top player or realize that there are risks to boarding a vehicle that was just an enemy.

If you haven’t betrayed in a while, the game gives you a bit of leniency. It gives the option to boot after one betrayal if you’ve betrayed or booted (I don’t know which) in recent previous games.

I once had a string of bad luck, accidentally betraying teammates in 3 consecutive games (twice in the first, once in each of the next two) and got booted from all three. I quit playing for the night after that.

Well, you asked for it because you shot him. Whenever someone is trolling, the best solution is to ignore the person. Trolls feed on the angry.

I only ever got booted once. I captured the flag, a teammate shot me, and so I stuck him, thinking he was a bad guy. Then, when he and I respawned, I took the shotgun, the same teammate shot me again, and I shotgunned him. Boot

I’ve only been booted once. Opus on Pro. I grabbed the rocket launcher, jumped in the direction of the clearing at the bottom center of the map, and saw one of my teammates getting assassinated. He’s dead already, right? There were 3 enemy players - including the one doing the assassination - right around him. So I fired. Killed 3 enemies plus my teammate who was dead anyway.

And then got booted.

So I don’t really understand how the system figures out what betrayals are boot-worthy. In one Pro game on Adrift, I was killed 3 times by a teammate who apparently wanted the sniper I got to first. Grenade, grenade, shoot from behind. 3 times. No enemies around. The first time okay . . . childish, but okay. The other two were just gratuitous. But I never got the option to boot. Worse, he was utterly awful with the sniper . . . but kept picking one up and trying to use it with every [frequent] respawn.

We wouldn’t have this problem is 343i simply just removed friendly-fire from all Multiplayer game types.

Seriously, it causes more harm than good.

> We wouldn’t have this problem is 343i simply just removed friendly-fire from all Multiplayer game types.
>
> Seriously, it causes more harm than good.

I dunno. Pro would kind of suck without it, IMO. Friendly fire changes the game in many ways - not just betrayals - and lots of the ways it changes it are good. Or, rather, fun in my opinion.

I like having both Infinity without FF when I’m in the mood for that, and Pro with FF when I’m in the mood for that.

> I’ve only been booted once. Opus on Pro. I grabbed the rocket launcher, jumped in the direction of the clearing at the bottom center of the map, and saw one of my teammates getting assassinated. He’s dead already, right? There were 3 enemy players - including the one doing the assassination - right around him. So I fired. Killed 3 enemies plus my teammate who was dead anyway.
>
> And then got booted.
>
> So I don’t really understand how the system figures out what betrayals are boot-worthy. <mark>In one Pro game on Adrift, I was killed 3 times by a teammate who apparently wanted the sniper I got to first. Grenade, grenade, shoot from behind. 3 times. No enemies around.</mark> The first time okay . . . childish, but okay. The other two were just gratuitous. But I never got the option to boot. Worse, he was utterly awful with the sniper . . . but kept picking one up and trying to use it with every [frequent] respawn.

Same thing happened to me.