what is this all leading up to

it seems that the halo storyline is leading up to something big.

the terminals in halo 3 mention a AI that helped master chief on the ark, that same AI is mentioned in halo cryptum, and in halo legends cortana has the iris symbol in her eye.

and than halo wars explains about some of the shield worlds and some of the other forunner places, now lets go back a seconed and look at ghosts of onyx explaining about shield worlds being like fallout shelters from halo.

now reach explains cortana is part forunner. what is this all leading up to with the next halo game? i think master chief goes onto a shield world built near the ark and meets the other AI who said he would help the chief and he stowed away on the ship "forward unto dawn. all i know is it’s something big thats comeing and im sure it involves all of these

here is my estimate story.
the forunner AI stowed away in master chiefs armor and was hiddenand after chief went into cryo he sent the ship on course for the mysterious planet which is a shield world like the one in halo wars with ships because he knows the chief can use it to get out of their and back to earth. chief wakes up and fights flood and finds a way to go into the shield world and the AI reveals himself and than cortana explains this is a shield world and explains she is part AI, but that creates mistrust that cortona didnt tell him this before, once they get inside they find covenant who were sent their when the covenant got to the ark and they are planning to steal the ships to get to earth and kill everyone, the chief fights them off and the flood, long story short he wins, cortona and him are freinds again and they take a ship back to earth.

NOTE: their is a possibility spirit of fire could be found their because reason numer ouno where would the chief get his vehicals and ammo from, i mean he’s not going to lug around 50 things of ammo into the shield world so I think this is actully likely, only bit changed is at the end everyone goes home on a forunner ship and chief and the other spartans get wasted and talk about the war on the way back(lol)

this is my best guess at what will happen but i actully find it extremly possible and likely.

Im pretty sure cortana is not forunner at all. She was just gathering data and stuff.

> Im pretty sure cortana is not forunner at all. She was just gathering data and stuff.

no she wasnt just decodeing the data, she was decodeing and downloading it. in my opinion that makes her part forunner considering how much data that is she downloaded

> > Im pretty sure cortana is not forunner at all. She was just gathering data and stuff.
>
> no she wasnt just decodeing the data, she was decodeing and downloading it. in my opinion that makes her part forunner considering how much data that is she downloaded

All she really did is learn about them and stuff using that data. It doesnt make you Chinese if you learn about china right?

> > > Im pretty sure cortana is not forunner at all. She was just gathering data and stuff.
> >
> > no she wasnt just decodeing the data, she was decodeing and downloading it. in my opinion that makes her part forunner considering how much data that is she downloaded
>
> All she really did is learn about them and stuff using that data. It doesnt make you Chinese if you learn about china right?

no it doesnt, either way part foruner or not it still fits with the story idea i have about her keeping information from master chief

yes

actually, Cortana is forerunner tech. in the reach campaign Dr. Hasley says that they “found forerunner tech that could make a big difference, if we get it to the right spartan.” which i think proves that cortana is forerunner tech. and, master chief knew about Cortana being forerunner, he was told that he was getting “an Experimental forerunner AI that would enhance his skills”

Cortana isn’t Forerunner. She is a “smart” A.I. made from Halsey’s flash-cloned human brain. The Forerunner artifact found on Reach shown in the campaign was only a container of knowledge. Cortana downloading this data does not make her Forerunner, just like how when she downloaded the Covenant data and absorbed the Covenant A.I., she did not become a Covenant A.I.

this^

Agreed^

First post on these message boards. But after reading Cryptum, I believe that Cortana could be a metarch level Ancilla that goes back to the very beginning of how this universe was created.