3.Doctor Who
4.Alien
5.Mass Effect
6.Mars Attacks (1970’s cards)
7.Firefly
8.Star Trek:Next Generation
9.V (1980’s)
10.Godzilla (japan)
Add your own top 10 too. I will make community top 10 later.

Wait…Where’s LOTR on this thread?

No BSG?

I quit.

> Wait…Where’s LOTR on this thread?

I haven’t seen LOTR also LOTR is fantasy like the force from Star Wars and this is my top 10 favorites sorry it wasn’t the list but you can make your own if like and I will love hear it.

Halo the movie

> Wait…Where’s LOTR on this thread?

LOTR Is fantasy.

A nice choice but is there no room for Back To The Future.

I almost said 2001: A space odyssey and Blade Runner too until i re read the title and realised it said series.

I’ll just list my top 5 game series:

1.Halo
2.Portal
3.Half Life
4.Mass effect
5.StarFox (nostalgia mainly :P)

> No BSG?
>
> I quit.

I haven’t see BSG and which ones olds ones or the remades some times hard to made top ten if you have your faves show or movie have remades all the thime like for ex. that they are 8 War of the worlds remades now and haven’t see all of them to find which one is the best. I hope this doesn’t comes off as me being a jerk but I hope you guy understand this.

I’m thinking tv series. Since for me there is only 1 games series that matters. :slight_smile:

1. Star Trek: TOS the beginning of all good scifi
  2. X-files
  3. Star Trek: TNG
  4. Star Trek: DS9
  5. Star Trek: Voyager
  6. Stargate SG-1
  7. Stargate Atlantis
  8. Star Trek: Enterprise
  9. Battle Star Gallatica New Version
    10)Sanctuary

> > Wait…Where’s LOTR on this thread?
>
> LOTR Is fantasy.
>
> A nice choice but is there no room for Back To The Future.
>
> I almost said 2001: A space odyssey and Blade Runner too until i re read the title and realised it said series.

I forget about Back to the Future thank for that I’ll put that on the community list.

Here’s my top ten anyway.

1. Star Wars
  2. Halo
  3. Back To The Future
  4. Doctor Who
  5. Alien (1-3 Only)
  6. Mad Max
  7. Terminator
  8. Bio Shock
  9. Star Gate
  10. Life on Mars
  1. Star Wars (even including the newer stuff… grrrr)
  2. Babylon 5
  3. Halo
  4. Gundam Wing
  5. Neon Genesis Evangellion
  6. Stargate
  7. Farscape
  8. Dr. Who
  9. Dune (the 2 mini-series, though the Sting version is still great in its own way, it’s just too short to go into what the mini-series does)
  10. Star Trek
  11. Eureka

> 2) Babylon 5

You are forgiven for your lack of BSG.

> > No BSG?
> >
> > I quit.
>
> I haven’t see BSG and which ones olds ones or the remades some times hard to made top ten if you have your faves show or movie have remades all the thime like for ex. that they are 8 War of the worlds remades now and haven’t see all of them to find which one is the best. I hope this comes off as me being a jerk but I hope you guy understand this.

The new ones, the old ones were fun, don’t get me wrong… But the new ones were just -Yoink!- good story telling mixed with modern conflict.

It’s only cause I’ve got 2 animes up there. That and the semi-copout ending to the second series (cause I count the original as 1 of the cycles that the Humans and their constructs go through constantly. Always we start a new and repeat the same cycle but in different ways)

I mean come on, giant indestructible battlesuits battling each other in land, sea, air and space… But here, I give you probably my favourite sci-fi to reality realisation moment yet:

Now this is the -Yoink-.

Adama, Cole, Sheridan… Ender… just brilliant.

> I mean come on, giant indestructible battlesuits battling each other in land, sea, air and space…

That actually confused me even more.

I mean, all that, and still no mention of Robotech?

I am disappoint.

Macross Plus is my favourite part of the Robotech universe :slight_smile:

Gundam Wing’s story of how the warrior’s spirit and how it views honour and courage, and how it can be manipulated by greedy parties, that takes over Robotech’s very deep yet very cliched (looking at you Halo :wink: story of misunderstanding to the genocidal levels.

Appleseed and Vexille would be up there if they had to offer for competition with content released. Now they’re both great twists on existing cliches, I mean genre staples.

> Macross Plus is my favourite part of the Robotech universe :slight_smile:
>
> Gundam Wing’s story of how the warrior’s spirit and how it views honour and courage, and how it can be manipulated by greedy parties, that takes over Robotech’s very deep yet very cliched (looking at you Halo :wink: story of misunderstanding to the genocidal levels.
>
> Appleseed and Vexille would be up there if they had to offer for competition with content released. Now they’re both great twists on existing cliches, I mean genre staples.

An honorable mention then, fair enough!

People tell me all the time they find Halo to be cliched, I say that’s why I like it.

It’s what it is, it’s a series created by fans of the genre, who in kind, are creating their own universe to compliment what they already know.

I’m suprised that Warhammer 40k isn’t mentioned yet.