What is the purpose of API?

Here the link. Does anyone know what the purpose of this?

You don’t remember halo3stats or whatever it was do you? Had a HUGE detailed list of EVERYTHING you did.

I got the impression it’s for people to make stat collecting apps and websites. Like Bungie.net back in the day

It allows third party sites to collect game data. It’s used for stat tracking sites like Halotracker and MLG.

> 2533274807544947;2:
> You don’t remember halo3stats or whatever it was do you? Had a HUGE detailed list of EVERYTHING you did.

I never play halo 3 multiplayer online, I only play halo 3 offiline and in the MCC (This time I did play online).

But to answer your question; it allows 3rd parties to make websites that can track your stats as well, run their own leaderboards, competitions, display top 100 (for example) in YOUR AREA, show you how many times you’ve killed a particular gamertag or vice versa, how many bullets you’ve fired; how many you’ve missed (overall accuracy) and a TON of other things.

In short, it’s a repository for every little detail of information that goes on in the online multiplayer.

This is pure awesomeness. This is why Halo is the best game out there.

More tracked stats = a happier Community.

Is there going to be a section on waypoint where you can track your stats? I haven’t seen anything really talking much about it

> 2661949065475413;7:
> In short, it’s a repository for every little detail of information that goes on in the online multiplayer.

Precisely, and check this link to see what can happen when developers allow access to it.

Old Halo Tracker