"What is the Flood" Featured Content?

Hmm, is that a hint 343? Why would “What is the Flood” be featured content on Halo Waypoint. Do you guys think the Flood will make a return in Halo 4. If so, what are the changes you would like made to them. I like the idea that the Flood aren’t really like zombies. They kind of have heightened abilities like their jumping height. I hope they continue this trend by making them even more powerful. Maybe have a boos battle with a Spartan 4 that has been infected? Any ideas on how the flood should be in Halo 4, if they are in?

I thought the same thing when I saw the end of the video when it spoke about there being dormant flood on the other Halo rings. Although I believe it has been confirmed that the flood will not be in Halo 4. Halo 5 and 6, however…

ignore…

> > I thought the same thing, OP. Although I believe it has been confirmed that the flood will not be in Halo 4. Halo 5 and 6, however…
>
> Actually, Frankie only said that we wouldn’t be fighting the Flood in Halo 4. In regard to Halo 5 and 6, the Flood has not yet been ruled out.

I didn’t say they wouldn’t return in Halo 5 and 6.

So if they made a return, what changes would you like made from the Halo 3 Flood?

It’s an old video…

> > > I thought the same thing, OP. Although I believe it has been confirmed that the flood will not be in Halo 4. Halo 5 and 6, however…
> >
> > Actually, Frankie only said that we wouldn’t be fighting the Flood in Halo 4. In regard to Halo 5 and 6, the Flood has not yet been ruled out.
>
> I didn’t say they wouldn’t return in Halos 5 and 6.

Oh, right. Misread that. Sorry

Oh, sorry guys, I didn’t know there was a post already for suggestions.
Edit: Never mind, that post is locked.

> It’s an old video…

Although it did say at the end there were still dormant flood on the other Halo arrays. They might return throughout the series.

> Hmm, is that a hint 343? Why would “What is the Flood” be featured content on Halo Waypoint. Do you guys think the Flood will make a return in Halo 4. If so, what are the changes you would like made to them. I like the idea that the Flood aren’t really like zombies. They kind of have heightened abilities like their jumping height. I hope they continue this trend by making them even more powerful. Maybe have a boos battle with a Spartan 4 that has been infected? Any ideas on how the flood should be in Halo 4, if they are in?

I wouldn’t go as far as it being a sign towards an the Flood being an enemy or even physically present in Halo 4. They seem to making regular videos regarding certain characters, factions etc within the Halo Universe recently. Not to long ago it was Cortana.

I would assume these videos are for those who are new to the series coming through Halo 4 where this sort of information is useful.

> > > > I thought the same thing, OP. Although I believe it has been confirmed that the flood will not be in Halo 4. Halo 5 and 6, however…
> > >
> > > Actually, Frankie only said that we wouldn’t be fighting the Flood in Halo 4. In regard to Halo 5 and 6, the Flood has not yet been ruled out.
> >
> > I didn’t say they wouldn’t return in Halos 5 and 6.
>
> Oh, right. Misread that. Sorry

Common mistake. Oh well!

> It’s an old video…

A video so old it was uploaded in the Age of Doubt.

> So if they made a return, what changes would you like made from the Halo 3 Flood?

They need to revamp the Flood for its next appearance.

Halo CE’s flood were actually pretty good, I’ve got to admit. The only problems were the inability to destroy the body completely, and perhaps the unpredictable revives that were so infuriating to many players. Their weapon aim was wonderful- innaccurate with some weapons, godly with others- just enough to create that tension and fear of what comes next in the air. Meleeing infection swarms was probably another downside.

Halo 2’s flood also kept a somewhat good version of 'em. Bodies could now be destroyed with some proper weapons, making it possible for players to be certain of no roflvives. Their use of weapons wasn’t near as strategic and only the shotgun ones ever really seemed to get your adrenaline going. Melee was made more powerful (if I recall?).

Halo 3’s flood are probably my least favorite. They’re laughably easy. The swarms of infection forms aren’t in near the crazy abundance they used to be. Everything except the Tank Pures go down with a melee or two. Flood have the same weapons issue they had in H2. On the upside, destruction of bodies is easier than ever- I don’t mind being able to dispose of bodies I’ve already felled without draining my energy sword. The Pure Forms also lost some potential epicness. Tanks became laughably easy if you had a sword. The ranged forms were primarily an annoying pest when you didn’t have a ranged weapon or a sticky if they were too high up.

That said, pure forms were also a good addition- if the Tank weren’t so darned weak to an energy sword, those things are intimidating. Ranged pures do add a tactical layer to the flood, given their ability to suppress the player. Runner pures also weren’t bad because they could circle around the player and set up wherever they please.

Quite frankly… My opinions probably come out as muddled, but I would suffice it to say Halo 3’s flood were my least favorite. Far too easy. They need to return to that level of ‘nowhere is safe’ without becoming ‘this is annoying as hell’. Melee should return to being ineffective, and using non-headshot weapons should be encouraged again. Pray’n’spray weapons rarely find use outside of campaign- they should at least be advantageous against the flood. The Sniper in Halo CE was utterly inneffective. In Halo 3, the BR was a walk in the park to kill flood with.

Based on the Forerunner novels, it’s safe to say that the Flood definitely aren’t finish. What role the Flood will play, I can’t say. But they will remain very relevant.

they’re not playing those videos for nothing…:
Who is Master Chief?
Who is Cortana?
What is the Ark?
What is Halo?
What is the Flood?

all of those videos connect to Halo 4 somehow.

the main menu of Halo 4 shows a Halo, and every Halo definitely does have dormant Flood, so Flood will be in Halo 4 one way or another. sucks we don’t fight against them D: I miss the Flood now; it’s been 5 years! and it really sucks we won’t fight them because Spartan Ops would be just that much cooler with them in.

but I pray that you’ll be a Flood Combat Form when infected in Infection, at least. can we please have this at least 343i?

I do know that we won’t be fighting the Flood in Halo 4, but who says we won’t be fighting, but they’d still make an appearance? It depends on what Frankie means by “Fighting” too. Does he mean the player? Or the UNSC?

It just seems a bit strange why they would upload a video about the Flood, if nobody will encounter them in Halo 4? Why do we need to know about them just yet? Everything we’ve learned about in these videos come in Halo 4, Master Chief, Cortana, Halo Rings. Does this mean the Flood will earn a role?

> they’re not playing those videos for nothing…:
> Who is Master Chief?
> Who is Cortana?
> What is the Ark?
> What is Halo?
> What is the Flood?
>
> all of those videos connect to Halo 4 somehow.

You may be right.

But think of it as a bigger perspective. Of course they all connect to Halo 4, they are all part of the same series and the same universe. Think of the amount of players, particular of the younger generation who didn’t experience Halo CE +, coming to Halo with Halo 4’s release. In my opinion 343i are just building a easily accessible and welcoming platform for this audience on Waypoint which will most likely be instantly accessed from Halo 4.

> ignore…

> > they’re not playing those videos for nothing…:
> > Who is Master Chief?
> > Who is Cortana?
> > What is the Ark?
> > What is Halo?
> > What is the Flood?
> >
> > all of those videos connect to Halo 4 somehow.
>
> You may be right.
>
> But think of it as a bigger perspective. Of course they all connect to Halo 4, they are all part of the same series and the same universe. Think of the amount of players, particular of the younger generation who didn’t experience Halo CE +, coming to Halo with Halo 4’s release. In my opinion 343i are just building a easily accessible and welcoming platform for this audience on Waypoint which will most likely be instantly accessed from Halo 4.

may also be true. but they said they would let new people catch up at the beginning of the Campaign.

let me fix what I originally said and how they connect to Halo 4:

Who is Master Chief? - Main character. Who you play as.
Who is Cortana? - MC’s help. Main character. Going rampant; which is crucial in Halo 4’s story
What is the Ark? - What MC destroyed to end up at Requiem by going through the Portal
What is Halo? - on the main menu of Halo 4.
What is the Flood? - ?

each of these connect to Halo 4 so specifically they can’t be just old videos 343i decided to put up just for the fun of it, with the exception of the Flood. but at the end of the Flood video, it says dormant Flood may exist on the other 6 Halos. and there’s a Halo in the main menu of Halo 4, which means we’ll end up on a Halo, which will have dormant Flood, as every Halo does by the Librarian’s decision. how the Flood play a part without fighting them is beyond me.

> they’re not playing those videos for nothing…:
> all of those videos connect to Halo 4 somehow.

And you know this… how? You see, I generally don’t use assumptions as sources. I highly doubt there’s actually a connection between posted videos for newbies and Halo 4’s universe.