What is the first thing you will do in Forge World?

What is the first thing you will do in Forge World?

Forge Art?
New Map?
Machinima?
Map Remake?
Something crazy?

I’m definitely going to remake my swan song to Halo 3 since it had so much potential, but fell short because of the object limit and budget limit. I actually made a video about the new version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMD7mkfTOeE. And after that I am probably going to setup a map for the new version of Conquest.

However before I get into forge I am definitely going through and making all of my gametypes first to get that beautiful first day time stamp on it. :wink:

It’ll be Forge Art/New Map/Something Crazy combined! It’s called Fartewapsomcra!

me and a friend plan on building a mongoose racetrack that spans the entirety of forgeworld, followed by some creative game mode involving forklifts.

I want to make my own map… But im going to test the limits of how powerful the engine is.
If someone like me can make a cool map, than im sure in a year from now, custom gameing is going to be a huge part to Halo: Reach.

Custom gaming is going to be a huge part of Halo: Reach as soon as it comes out because of current forgers like myself.

I will definatly explore the huge map, so I know where to start building an awsome map.

My first plan in Forge World is to see every inch of the map. I’d be interested to see just where I can go and where I can’t. After that, I intend on putting the Forge 2.0 to the test. Specifically, I want to see whether or not I will be able to replicate the instant fusion-coil respawn effect, so to see whether or not I’d be able to replicate a little experiment I performed in the bottom of sandbox.

I’ll probably browse the items list, then explore Forge World.

Simple really. I plan on crafting an Invasion map dubbed the Iron Cage.

It will feature a keep centered within a large area of bunkers, towers, minefields, trenches, tank traps and redoubts. Although the trenches may need to be cut due to the possible impossibility of creating them.

The invading team will have to rush from cover to cover produced by large rock outcroppings to get to the first wall/gatehouse. Basically by leap frogging from rock to rock to avoid the enemy (who will be atop the wall) from getting a bead on them. The AA’s for this first stage for the attackers will only be sprint or hologram.

From there it will get increasingly more difficult as they assault bunkers and other pathways covered by turrets and suppressive rifle fire.

Till they get closer to the center keep and they will have to cross open ground in vehicles through a minefield and tank traps. Once they get past that point and capture it there will be a bit more distance to cover of open ground while the defenders are holed up in redoubts with Target Locators and other anti-vehicle weaponry up on ledges and such.

If they can capture a point there then they will need to enter the central keep. Which will be essentially a killing ground with passage ways up on the far left far right and in the center. With the defenders spawning above with rifles and sniper pickups.

If you can make it to the top then you grab the core and try to make your escape back through a few sets of gates and machine gun positions and such. That are on the other side of the tower compared to how you assaulted it. All the way to the extraction point.

further details and ideas will be implemented when the time comes.

> My first plan in Forge World is to see every inch of the map. I’d be interested to see just where I can go and where I can’t. After that, I intend on putting the Forge 2.0 to the test. Specifically, I want to see whether or not I will be able to replicate the instant fusion-coil respawn effect, so to see whether or not I’d be able to replicate a little experiment I performed in the bottom of sandbox.

I agree to your theory on exploration idea :slight_smile:

The first thing that I want to do in Forge World would probably involve me making a giant box of Wheaties because Spartans and Elites need their Wheaties.

well when i get it…i will see what it can do if anyone has seen the lord of the rings movies. i love them and HELMS DEEP is my first project. cave and everything. itll be a perfect infection game on the island.

i kinda wanna make a flying vehicle race track just to do it but i still plan on making a mini campain out of fourge world there is just so much we can do it will be cool to see what everyone come up with

I will perform various tests in Forge World with the purpose of figuring out what/when the maximum amount of credits in one Forge session is. I will then share my results across Waypoint, Forgehub, and Bungie.net.

I’m a giver. :slight_smile:

One of my first things would probably try out a few mechanics that were in halo three and see if they are in Halo Reach and try to discover new ones. Like the switch doors and such.

I’ll probably be building a Grifball court or seeing what can be done regarding improvements to the Colosseum. I wonder if it has a ledge for wall-hopping…

That’s a good point Ericky. I’ve gotta test my randomization technique to see if it still works.

Possibly a remake of an old Halo 1 or 2 map. I’ll most likely do it after I beat the game and create a few test maps, but as to what map it will be I’m not sure yet.

First thing I’m gonna do in Forge World? Probably a Super big BTB map.