What is the complete order of halo? Pls read

So, I just got my hands on the books, but I immediately thought “what about the games? I don’t want to go out of order…”
I looked it up, nothing. So like : example, which happens first, ce, or fall of reach? But the complete version. So please reply with the order of books and games combined. I am so confused. Please reply! It would make me so relieved lol I feel like and idiot. But anyway, thanks for reading, and please reply.

You’re not an idiot. I understand, I know the lore up to Halo 4 and that’s it. The rest is super confusing. The Fall of Reach came before Combat Evolved. Also, you could read The Flood before or after Combat Evolved. I do have a question tho, are you newer to Halo?

This is what I found on Reddit. It is quite the list. It’s 5 years old and has been archived so I doubt it has been updated with the newer stuff but nevertheless it pretty much covers every major novel, game, and comic up until 2015.

Shoot Toa Freak a message or check out his YT channel. I think he has a video sorting all of the books and games in order!

> 2535426515273563;2:
> Your not an idiot. I understand, I know the lore up to Halo 4 and that’s it. The rest is super confusing. The Fall of Reach came before Combat Evolved. Also, you could read The Flood before or after Combat Evolved. I do have a question tho, are you newer to Halo?

No I have been playing for two years

There is a complete-ish list somewhere on waypoint made by user CIA391.

As for how to read it in order… I’d just recommend reading in order of release date. Books, games, and comics included. Trying to read chronologically can get a bit confusing, since you’d be reading the Forerunner Trilogy first… then you’d be reading the first half of Broken Circle… then you’d be reading Fall of Reach, playing CE while reading The Flood at the same time, reading First Strike, etc etc etc before reading the second half of Broken Circle while simultaneously playing H2… it’s a bit of a mess. Never mind having to read Fall of Reach and playing Halo Reach at the same time, which will get even more confusing.

Other than that, I always recommend picking up a copy of Halo Mythos to get a general idea of the whole timeline of Halo from the Forerunners up to the start of HW2.

Here is the link Happy Place8166 mentioned.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/db05ce78845f4120b062c50816008e5d/topics/halo-canonical-order-thread/4db4825a-caa9-421a-87b2-dd7aa9548d56/posts#menu

I actually recommend that you read, watch and play the books, series and games in the order of release instead. They are written so that you understand them in that order, and there might be references to past books or games which you will miss if you read them in the lore timeline instead.
Also it’s impossible to read them in timeline, some books go over many many years of time, this would have you reading a chapter here and there and a mission in a game here and there, I think it would be more confusing. Though there is a pretty good timeline section in the link FestivHunter linked, which shows ish how the books, games etc would be placed in the timeline without splitting them up. But I would still just reccomend reading them in order of release, it’s how they were intended to be experienced anyway. Keep track of the dates while reading though.
But hey, that’s just my opinion. You do you. Just though I’d let you know.

Basically what everyone else said, and read/play in Release order. It’s probably the best way to experience Halo tbh, at least in terms of reading alongside gameplay.

All books, movies, audio files, and games in order of lore. Link to thread with this info.

Halo: Fractures Extraordinary tales from the Halo Canon *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo story
Halo: Cryptum
Halo: Primordium
Halo: Silentium
Halo: Evolutions *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo story
Halo Graphic Novel *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo Story
Halo Legends *This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo Story
The book Halo: The Fall of Reach or the Graphic novels The Fall of Reach or the Animation The fall of reach
Halo: Contact Harvest *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: First Strike
Halo: Forward Unto Dawn *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: Oblivion
Halo Wars *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: Cole Protocol *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo: Tales from Slipspace <em>*This is a collection of stories ranging throughout the Halo Story</em>
Halo: Helljumper *Happens midway in the fall of reach book
Halo Reach *Happens during the final half of the book the fall of reach
Halo: Bloodline
The game Halo Combat Evolved/Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, or The book Halo: The Flood
Halo: First Strike
I love Bees
Halo 2/Halo 2 Anniversary and finish the metropolis level.
Halo 3: ODST Sadie’s Audio Logs *Audiophile Achievement. Occurs during Halo 2’s Earth Missions.
Halo 3:ODST but dont watch the Epilogue
Halo 2/Halo 2 Anniversary finish the game
Halo 3: ODST Epilogue
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx *Events in this book also happens concurrently during the fall of reach book.
Halo: Uprising
Halo 3
Halo: Broken Circle *Events in this book also happen before the fall of reach book
Halo: Initiation
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: Shadow of Intent
Halo: Thursday War
Halo: Mortal Dictata
Halo: Last Light
Halo: Retribution
Halo: Hunters in the Dark
Halo: New Blood
Halo: Nightfall
Halo: Smoke and Shadow
Halo 4
Halo Spartan Assault
Halo Spartan Strike
Halo: Saints Testimony
Halo 4 Spartan Ops
Halo: Envoy
Halo: Escalation
Hunt the Truth
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo Wars 2
Halo: Point of Light *Sequel to Halo: Renegades (Unreleased as of this writing)
Halo: Shadows of Reach
Halo: Infinite (Possibly takes place during or immediately following Halo: Shadows of Reach)

Hope this helps!

Thank
you
so
much

> 2535426515273563;2:
> Your not an idiot. I understand, I know the lore up to Halo 4 and that’s it. The rest is super confusing. The Fall of Reach came before Combat Evolved. Also, you could read The Flood before or after Combat Evolved. I do have a question tho, are you newer to Halo?

I’m not that new to halo, I have been playing mcc for a year and a half and halo 5 for 3 quarters of a year now. I am sr 52 or maybe more idk lol.

Been playing Halo for almost 3yrs and haven’t finished all the games? They don’t take that long to finish.

> 2533274805618257;13:
> Been playing Halo for almost 3yrs and haven’t finished all the games? They don’t take that long to finish.

I have beaten all the games, it says in my bio, that I beat all of them and it says I haven’t and it’s annoying.