What is the community's impression about HALO 5?

What kind of impression have HALO 5 given you guys so far?

I know it is really early to tell bet I still interested to hear what impression you have been given from what you have ben able to learn/know about the game.

1. Does it look like HALO 5 will be going downhill or uphill?

2. Does it looks like HALO will be a COD copy or not?

3. Have you thrust in what 343i is doing with the franchise?

4. Do you want 343i to hire Marty O’Donnell (the composer of all the HALO music until HALO 4)?

Let me start off first by saying that I was stoked for Halo 5. 343i talked about bringing Halo back to it’s roots mostly through bringing it back to arena style gameplay. I put my faith in them that they’d deliver a great game with Halo 4 and now that they would learn from the mistakes made in it to improve Halo 5.

That’s gone.

Halo 5 while some of it does look promising looks like it will kill the series for many fans.
Admittedly some of it looks interesting changes that could be good such as the way they’ve managed to keep but die down thruster pack, incorporate more competitive elements like call outs (which is really just a message to the community on how to do your job) and the way sprint now works. Even possibility clamber and stabilizer.
However additions such as the ground pound, smart scope and charge have no place in Halo.
Charge and Ground Pound are aspects in gameplay that while work ok in games such as Destiny aren’t really part of Halo style gameplay. One of they great things about Halo is the simplicity of it. These abilities just complicate that. I’m not saying it can’t work but rather it’s a play style that just doesn’t fit. The same can be said for Clamber and Slide however these have a smaller impact. Overall though they just seem out of place.

What truly changes gameplay however is Smart Scope of which is rather NOT a smart idea. Despite what some have said Halo has never had ADS gameplay which is exactly what this is. Looking at it the only weapon which keeps it’s style is the Sniper. Smart Scope has 3 problems compared to traditional Halo scoping. It gives peripheral vision while zoomed, the gun itself blocks part of the targeting area and from the look of the gameplay the zoom level isn’t quite as far.

Overall I think some of these changes are just a testament to what 343i is doing with the series to compete with other games. It turned fans off before and I think it may only get worse.

No I don’t think Marty O’Donnell should do the score for Halo 5. I think his end as the composer in Reach is a good showcase of when the series changed.

I still love the series but I may be playing a lot less of it now.

> 2535445390271381;1:
> What kind of impression have HALO 5 given you guys so far?
>
> I know it is really early to tell bet I still interested to hear what impression you have been given from what you have ben able to learn/know about the game.
>
> 1. Does it look like HALO 5 will be going downhill or uphill?
>
> 2. Does it looks like HALO will be a COD copy or not?
>
> 3. Have you thrust in what 343i is doing with the franchise?
>
> 4. Do you want 343i to hire Marty O’Donnell (the composer of all the HALO music until HALO 4)?

1. I think it will be somewhat uphill. But, there is still that hate that 343i will always have aimed at them.

2. It doesn’t look like a copy to me

3. I don’t trust many developers anymore. You can’t totally trust them.

4. It would be nice, yeah

> 2535445390271381;1:
>
> I know it is really early to tell bet I still interested to hear what impression you have been given from what you have ben able to learn/know about the game.
>
>
>
>
> 4. Do you want 343i to hire Marty O’Donnell (the composer of all the HALO music until HALO 4)?

1. Uphill relative to Halo 4
  2. There are some obvious cross overs but calling a game a COD clone is just sensationalism. I do believe 343 should’ve kept their eyes on keeping Halo Halo.
  3. I think many lost trust since Halo 4. I am one of them. The recent gameplay reveal confirms that I should not trust 343 in its direction with the franchise. It is clear that many in the community thought 343 would regain their trust but this is no longer the case. This is tempered by my belief that 343 did try to react to community feedback from H4 but Ithink they were let down by the few people in 343 who couldn’t accept or didn’t want to lose face by admitting that abilities and sprint should not have ever been in Halo.
  4. Indifferent.

> 2535445390271381;1:
>
>
>
>
>

this has nothing to do with halo!

looks like a totally different game

i hate 343i since halo 4!i want bungie back

1. From where Halo was with Halo 4, uphill. Anything is better than where Halo 4 took the series. But I do not know.

2. No. However, the number of similarities between the two franchises have increased over the years. Definitely questionable if that is a good direction for Halo.

3. No. The disappointment that was Halo 4 still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I only await what they have in stores for us. They get no hype or fanaticism from me.

4. Absolutely. Nothing outdoes the contributions Marty has made for this franchise. I actually liked Halo 4’s soundtrack, but I’d kick whoever did it out the door in a heartbeat if it meant getting Marty back.

Overall, I am skeptical above all else. I will wait for the beta and get a taste of it myself and see how I feel about it.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It is going to be terrible because 343i lied about learning their lesson.

> 2535445390271381;1:
>
>
>
>
>

1. I looks better, and by better I mean alot. They’ve removed plenty, and implented. Equal footing, check. Fast Paced Arena Shooter, check. Power Weapons on map, check.
  2. Stop comparing Halo to CoD. It’s wierd. They’re both FPS, different setting. Different fanbases. Halo has it’s place in the Futuristic Arena Shooter, but CoD is struggling to fit in with the “modern shooters”, hence why the pulled the AW.
  3. I believe they’re going in the right direction, especially now that Esports is growing, and the way they’ve based multiplayer by actually making pros forge the competative scene. That was basically Halo3 in a nutshell. Casuals got pissed off, and competative players loved it.
  4. Marty makes the greatest scores, but Neil is not bad, he’s good. I don’t mind either making the soundtrack.

> 2535445390271381;1:
>
>
>
>
>

up

no

yes

indifferent

1. Downhill, and that says alot after Halo 4s flop

2. I wouldn’t say a COD copy, maybe a mixture of games like crysis, quake… something not halo

3.I lost all trust when Halo 4 came out, but regained some when they admitted Halo 4 was a mistake, this trailer pretty much drained all that trust up, trust is literally at 0%

1. well yeah, he is the creater for some of the most memorable game music ever, but after his departure it seems very unlikely

> 2535445390271381;1:
>
>
>
>
>

1. Uphill. Then again, I didn’t mind Halo 4 that much.

2. I look at COD as being more of a copy, to be honest. Hell, they’ve added power suits. The kicker here is that their suits mean something, while Halo’s have just been… well, armor. Very little distinguishable differences between the normal human soldier and a true Spartan. I think Halo 5 is aiming to finally change that, and good on them.

3. Absolutely. Halo 4 had a very strong, emotional story that actually started heading in an uncertain direction. Someplace Bungie never really did. As for multiplayer, they’ll try their best, won’t they? Halo is a difficult entity; change too much and it becomes different. Don’t change enough and it becomes stale. So far, they look to be doing the right thing in my view.

4. No. Marty had his shot, and with all due respect, he should move on in his career. The Halo music wouldn’t be without him, but he simply wants a fresh start somewhere not rooted in the past.

> 2533274795040667;11:
> 2) I look at COD as being more of a copy, to be honest. Hell, they’ve added power suits. The kicker here is that their suits mean something, while Halo’s have just been… well, armor. Very little distinguishable differences between the normal human soldier and a true Spartan. I think Halo 5 is aiming to finally change that, and good on them.

I’ve always wanted them to make all the armor permutations and variants actually affect how and what you can do as a Spartan, perhaps in the future…

> 2533274870962650;5:
> i hate 343i since halo 4!i want bungie back

Uh, you sure? A lot of people that made Halo what it is aren’t there now.

> 2535445390271381;1:
>
>
>
>
>

1. Going to go with “holding pattern” for now, Alex.

2. I feel like the whole “ADS” thing is the same scope we’ve always had with a new look.

3. I think 343 has thrusted ME with Halo 4 than I thrusted it.

4. It certainly couldn’t hurt them.

Simple answer if you ask me…#HIREMARTY

I think the game has a great amount of potential if pulled of correctly, with a lot of big title games failing this year halo could really regain the Iron thrown.

I mean cods sails have been dropping more and more yearly, Destiny was the biggest flop ive ever seen, Battlefield is still good besides its bad launch last year but it has a bad name because of it.Honestly Battle front 3 is probably halo’s biggest contender at the moment and newer gamers aren’t at all familiar with that series.

Ground pound and sprint need modifications IMO. Ground pound is an easy one hit kill,even if it has high risk players shouldn’t start with this ability.Maybe make it so ground pound has a certain amount of uses before all its “juice” runs out. Sprint is currently used as an escape tool, fix it by knocking players out of sprint when taking damage, or don’t change sprint at all depending on if this no recharge thing helps. Also sprint shouldn’t be unlimited.

Story based on nightfall and halo mcc looks like its going in a good direction, just don’t make elites look so slugish in battle. In nightfall that elite looked like he ate lead paint as a child he was so slow. Elites are supposed to be strong, fast, smart, and a little arrogant sometimes.

Also let us play as elites

My biggest gripe with Halo Reach and Halo 4 was that they were not arena shooters due to the randomness provided by loadouts, ordnance drops, and an assortment of armor abilities that gave people advantages in certain situations. Halo 5 manages to be an arena shooter because none of those things are present and yet it is able to differentiate itself from Halo 2 and Halo 3. That is successful evolution of a series in my books.

The fact that the old pros rarely, if ever, used the Spartan abilities beyond Thrust and Sprint should tell the devs that the other abilities are not needed.

> 2533274870962650;5:
> > 2535445390271381;1:
> > What kind of impression have HALO 5 given you guys so far?
> >
> > I know it is really early to tell bet I still interested to hear what impression you have been given from what you have ben able to learn/know about the game.
> >
> > 1. Does it look like HALO 5 will be going downhill or uphill?
> >
> > 2. Does it looks like HALO will be a COD copy or not?
> >
> > 3. Have you thrust in what 343i is doing with the franchise?
> >
> > 4. Do you want 343i to hire Marty O’Donnell (the composer of all the HALO music until HALO 4)?
>
>
> this has nothing to do with halo!
>
> looks like a totally different game
>
> i hate 343i since halo 4!i want bungie back

You never played destiny, did you

> 2533274857398125;17:
> > 2533274870962650;5:
> > > 2535445390271381;1:
> > > What kind of impression have HALO 5 given you guys so far?
> > >
> > > I know it is really early to tell bet I still interested to hear what impression you have been given from what you have ben able to learn/know about the game.
> > >
> > > 1. Does it look like HALO 5 will be going downhill or uphill?
> > >
> > > 2. Does it looks like HALO will be a COD copy or not?
> > >
> > > 3. Have you thrust in what 343i is doing with the franchise?
> > >
> > > 4. Do you want 343i to hire Marty O’Donnell (the composer of all the HALO music until HALO 4)?
> >
> >
> >
> > this has nothing to do with halo!
> >
> > looks like a totally different game
> >
> > i hate 343i since halo 4!i want bungie back
>
>
> You never played destiny, did you

Do not mention the parasites name,… even though I kinda did up there.

> 2533274857398125;17:
> > 2533274870962650;5:
> > > 2535445390271381;1:
> > > What kind of impression have HALO 5 given you guys so far?
> > >
> > > I know it is really early to tell bet I still interested to hear what impression you have been given from what you have ben able to learn/know about the game.
> > >
> > > 1. Does it look like HALO 5 will be going downhill or uphill?
> > >
> > > 2. Does it looks like HALO will be a COD copy or not?
> > >
> > > 3. Have you thrust in what 343i is doing with the franchise?
> > >
> > > 4. Do you want 343i to hire Marty O’Donnell (the composer of all the HALO music until HALO 4)?
> >
> >
> >
> > this has nothing to do with halo!
> >
> > looks like a totally different game
> >
> > i hate 343i since halo 4!i want bungie back
>
>
> You never played destiny, did you

You made me think of Destiny and gave me a sad. :frowning:

All I can say is I’m super dissapointed in 343.
It’s not a good thing that I was shaking my head throughout the entire H5 reveal. I was so pumped for this game; now I could care less about it.