What is so bad about the ADS?

So far from what I’ve seen on the vids, smart scope is simply a reskin of the zoom that has always been in halo. This suits me fine. IMO it looks nicer and fills the same function that scopes always have in the game. It also gives autos a better chance to be viable compared to other weapons.

But what I’m asking is why does the community hate the idea of ADS so much? Pretty much the only reason I see posted is “because COD has it”. Just because another game happens to have that mechanic doesn’t mean it should be barred from all other games from then on.
Complaining about the simple act of looking down a sight seems absurd to me. Its like complaining that a gun has to reload.

> 2533274827007197;1:
> So far from what I’ve seen on the vids, smart scope is simply a reskin of the zoom that has always been in halo. This suits me fine. IMO it looks nicer and fills the same function that scopes always have in the game. It also gives autos a better chance to be viable compared to other weapons.
>
> But what I’m asking is why does the community hate the idea of ADS so much? Pretty much the only reason I see posted is “because COD has it”. Just because another game happens to have that mechanic doesn’t mean it should be barred from all other games from then on.
> Complaining about the simple act of looking down a sight seems absurd to me. Its like complaining that a gun has to reload.

Zooming in the scope through our helmets was a unique thing about Halo, now that we physically see weapons being drawn closer to our face diminishes that neat concept.

For the record, I do like and am in favor of all weapons being able to zoom and fire.

> 2533274808578327;2:
> > 2533274827007197;1:
> > So far from what I’ve seen on the vids, smart scope is simply a reskin of the zoom that has always been in halo. This suits me fine. IMO it looks nicer and fills the same function that scopes always have in the game. It also gives autos a better chance to be viable compared to other weapons.
> >
> > But what I’m asking is why does the community hate the idea of ADS so much? Pretty much the only reason I see posted is “because COD has it”. Just because another game happens to have that mechanic doesn’t mean it should be barred from all other games from then on.
> > Complaining about the simple act of looking down a sight seems absurd to me. Its like complaining that a gun has to reload.
>
>
> Zooming in the scope through our helmets was a unique thing about Halo, now that we physically see weapons being drawn closer to our face diminishes that neat concept.
>
> For the record, I do like and am in favor of all weapons being able to zoom and fire.

sometimes those halo 2 veterans need to stop being so stubborn

Also there was a video (was looking for it) that might drive the point a bit more

Even though it’s not functional the same like other games, just the feel can make a player like this say this.

> 2533274915884038;3:
> > 2533274808578327;2:
> > > 2533274827007197;1:
> > > So far from what I’ve seen on the vids, smart scope is simply a reskin of the zoom that has always been in halo. This suits me fine. IMO it looks nicer and fills the same function that scopes always have in the game. It also gives autos a better chance to be viable compared to other weapons.
> > >
> > > But what I’m asking is why does the community hate the idea of ADS so much? Pretty much the only reason I see posted is “because COD has it”. Just because another game happens to have that mechanic doesn’t mean it should be barred from all other games from then on.
> > > Complaining about the simple act of looking down a sight seems absurd to me. Its like complaining that a gun has to reload.
> >
> >
> >
> > Zooming in the scope through our helmets was a unique thing about Halo, now that we physically see weapons being drawn closer to our face diminishes that neat concept.
> >
> > For the record, I do like and am in favor of all weapons being able to zoom and fire.
>
>
> sometimes those halo 2 veterans need to stop being so stubborn

It has been in every halo game until now.
It has nothing to do with any specific halo game, this is just a halo thing.
Now we lost a halo thing for what exactly?

> 2533274808578327;4:
> Also there was a video (was looking for it) that might drive the point a bit more
>
> http://youtu.be/9uVup8gZKM0?t=10m12s
>
> Even though it’s not functional the same like other games, just the feel can make a player like this say this.

Please refer here OP

The guy in the video is an idiot. His complaint is not about Smart Scope itself, but about it being on left trigger. If 343 offered a control scheme with zoom on RS will he still complain?

> 2533274792508287;7:
> The guy in the video is an idiot. His complaint is not about Smart Scope itself, but about it being on left trigger. If 343 offered a control scheme with zoom on RS will he still complain?

I’m pretty sure that different control schemes will be offered. They have been in every other game. I’ll be using the new one but most of my friends use recon.