What is so bad about Halo 4 to everyone?

As me being a big fan of Forge, I understand why people are upset about it. But what about everything else? I thought the campaign was spectacular and Spartan Ops is very fun with a group of friends. The multiplayer could use some improvements but overall, I think it’s a nice change in the series. Although I would enjoy having a classic Halo gamemode in multiplayer, for example just a remake of Halo 3 slayer.

Well, I personally am not a fan of how dominant long-range combat has become. CQC hardly ever happens anymore because the maps are too big and everyone has the DMR. I don’t like Personal Ordnance, either.

Forge could use some improvements, but for my purposes, it’s OK.

But I did really enjoy the Campaign and Spartan Ops, and since I’m a story junkie that’s all that really matters.

i just hate infinity slayer they should do a playlist of only slayer that involves map control

Halo diehards dont like the fact the gameplay has changed focus from map oriented to player oriented.

For the rest it tends to be the lag, bad matchmaking, and other bugs that puts a dent in the enjoyment of the title.

I dont “hate” the game, I quiet like it. But Im not a diehard fan and dont care about the changes. The thing that irks me is the broken features that should have worked out of the box, the bugs, the prevelance of DMR combat over and above all other weaponry, and the fact that patching is imo rather pathetic at this point.

Its currently more frustrating than fun for me, which is why I have not played much since christmas. The TU better be stellar or I and many others are “out”.

Personally for me? The community. I’ve been told I should hate this game, when in reality I have a really good time with it. I enjoy gaining map control through armor abilities and team work as opposed to who has the bigger stick/vehicle. I think the only thing I don’t like is the balancing of some of the support and tactical packages, but expect these to be fixed in the upcoming TUs.

Oh and the lack of maps that people choose. I enjoy matches on Vortex and on Solace, but most of the time Haven, Adrift and Ragnarok win.

Campaign: Story is great except everything creates unfilled plotholes. Maps for it was bad, QTE’s weren’t just boring, they didn’t appear except twice.

Spartan Ops: Clear enemies click buttons clear enemies click buttons + a single epic cinematic. But since the cinematic is 5 minutes and the clear enemies click buttons lasts about an hour…

Matchmaking: Not hard to figure out why it’s bad. Bad balance, bad gametypes, lack of classic…

Community: Forge is bad. Theater is bad. Custom Games is bad. No elites. Bad infection. Can’t turn off sprint.

Is it that hard? All the communities were promised something and 343 failed to deliver. They’d better do something, because Halo 4 has the potential to be diamonds. Right now? It’s covered in trash.

well, the campaign was a big plus about the game. Hardly anyone can find anything bad to say about it without being a troll. Spartan Ops started kind of slow, but it looks like it’s only gonna get better (they set the foundation with season 1 and now they’re really building the fun stuff). Forge was rather dull, but I still think that it works great and is fun to use (I just wish you could change the aesthetics of each piece). Theater hasn’t changed (although we still can’t splitscreen in it like we could in 3).

Most complaints for the game go to the multiplayer, and I really can’t blame them too much. Halo left its roots and went into a loudout style system. Where people used to play CoD for a change of pace, they now play CoD because it’s better. I’ll receive hate for that, I know, but honestly Halo entered CoD’s domain and I really don’t think they’ll stand a chance against a series that’s been sticking to its formula for so long. If Halo just stuck to its arena roots and worked to build on it, Halo 4’s multiplayer could’ve been amazing. Don’t get me wrong, I think Halo 4’s multiplayer is good, I just think that it could’ve been better if they didn’t go this route. At this point, they have to contend with BO2.

The DMR is one example of why Halo should go back to arena. If it was a gun you pick up on the map . . . we wouldn’t be complaining.

> Well, I personally am not a fan of how dominant long-range combat has become. CQC hardly ever happens anymore because the maps are too big and everyone has the DMR.

Ever played Dominion on offense? More CQC than you can say “Assassination.”

-Imbalanced weapons, and not just from a statistical standpoint.
-Poorly designed maps.
-CQC being pretty much non-existant.
-The removal of content from previous games.
-Remove of options in general.
-Current loadout implementation.
-No Pro or Classic Playlists.
-Forge options and Forge maps.
-Randomness instead of skill determined play.
-Sprint instead of fast base speed.

Things I DO like:
-Ability to select a primary.
-Weapon skins.
-Flagnum.
-Dominion
-Forge playlist that actually feels like Halo.

The DMR ruins the gameplay and turns the game into a total campfest. Couple this fact with Active Camo and the entire game comes to a cross map standstill. Additionally, the Boltshot is completely broken and throws off the balance of close range weapons like the AR.

> The DMR ruins the gameplay and turns the game into a total campfest. Couple this fact with Active Camo and the entire game comes to a cross map standstill. Additionally, the Boltshot is completely broken and throws off the balance of close range weapons like the AR.

This is how I feel exactly. I just hope the TU fixes these things.

No theatre for Spartan Ops and Campaign.

No Medals, Scoring, or Announcer in Spartan Ops

aaaaannnnnndddd wait for iiiiiiiiiitttttt

Boltshot!

The community. Waypoint and on Xbox Live.

Basically multiplayer is the problem everyone has.

The biggest problem I have with multiplayer is that it’s required to unlock some of the cool armor. Not cool.

Not cool at all.

Sadly, I have to agree with all of you. Multiplayer is the biggest letdown. I wish they would do something about the DMR I don’t know what but just something so that the other weapons like the battle rifle or carbine have a point to them.