What is Project Scorpio?

So, I’m confused about Project Scorpio? What is it? Is it a brand new console or just a really nice upgrade for the Xbox One?

> 2533274840469109;1:
> So, I’m confused about Project Scorpio? What is it? Is it a brand new console or just a really nice upgrade for the Xbox One?

It’s an upgraded xbox one. The wiki.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > So, I’m confused about Project Scorpio? What is it? Is it a brand new console or just a really nice upgrade for the Xbox One?
>
> It’s an upgraded xbox one. The wiki.

Interesting, I just read that one of the developers said that it’s a brand-new console here.

> 2533274840469109;3:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > 2533274840469109;1:
> > > So, I’m confused about Project Scorpio? What is it? Is it a brand new console or just a really nice upgrade for the Xbox One?
> >
> > It’s an upgraded xbox one. The wiki.
>
> Interesting, I just read that one of the developers said that it’s a brand-new console here.

The official statements at the moment is that there won’t be exclusive titles and that anything playable on the xbox one (aside from the VR) would be playable on the current models. That article seemed to be one person trying to hype a product in relation to another (My spanner is so much better than company x’s spanner…you should buy it!), though until there is an official reveal it’s difficult to say for certain.

The difference between “an upgraded console” and “a brand new console” is nothing but a semantical one. For all practical purposes, with all of the three big console manufacturers releasing new consoles with upgraded hardware, we are looking at a new console generation with Project Scorpio, PS4 Pro, and Nintendo Switch.

> 2533274825830455;5:
> The difference between “an upgraded console” and “a brand new console” is nothing but a semantical one. For all practical purposes, with all of the three big console manufacturers releasing new consoles with upgraded hardware, we are looking at a new console generation with Project Scorpio, PS4 Pro, and Nintendo Switch.

kinda weird that we’re already getting brand new consoles since the Xbox One and PS4 came out in 2013. I wonder if Halo 6 will be the 1st Halo for Xbox Scorpio.

> 2533274825830455;5:
> The difference between “an upgraded console” and “a brand new console” is nothing but a semantical one. For all practical purposes, with all of the three big console manufacturers releasing new consoles with upgraded hardware, we are looking at a new console generation with Project Scorpio, PS4 Pro, and Nintendo Switch.

Except Nintendo Switch for the most part isn’t even up to par with the current generation lol.

> 2533274840469109;3:
> > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > 2533274840469109;1:
> > > So, I’m confused about Project Scorpio? What is it? Is it a brand new console or just a really nice upgrade for the Xbox One?
> >
> > It’s an upgraded xbox one. The wiki.
>
> Interesting, I just read that one of the developers said that it’s a brand-new console here.

I still don’t know what you’re trying to ask. Do you not have the Googles? lol.

It is the Xbox version of the PS4 Pro. That is the easiest way to explain it.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> > 2533274840469109;3:
> > > 2533274880633045;2:
> > > > 2533274840469109;1:
> > > > So, I’m confused about Project Scorpio? What is it? Is it a brand new console or just a really nice upgrade for the Xbox One?
> > >
> > > It’s an upgraded xbox one. The wiki.
> >
> > Interesting, I just read that one of the developers said that it’s a brand-new console here.
>
> I still don’t know what you’re trying to ask. Do you not have the Googles? lol.
>
> It is the Xbox version of the PS4 Pro. That is the easiest way to explain it.

I wonder if it’ll be Xbox One compatible.

> 2533274840469109;6:
> > 2533274825830455;5:
> > The difference between “an upgraded console” and “a brand new console” is nothing but a semantical one. For all practical purposes, with all of the three big console manufacturers releasing new consoles with upgraded hardware, we are looking at a new console generation with Project Scorpio, PS4 Pro, and Nintendo Switch.
>
> kinda weird that we’re already getting brand new consoles since the Xbox One and PS4 came out in 2013. I wonder if Halo 6 will be the 1st Halo for Xbox Scorpio.

The sudden roll out of new consoles is probably partly caused by the fact that both Xbox One and PS4 had relatively weak hardware even when they released.

> 2533274807480458;7:
> > 2533274825830455;5:
> > The difference between “an upgraded console” and “a brand new console” is nothing but a semantical one. For all practical purposes, with all of the three big console manufacturers releasing new consoles with upgraded hardware, we are looking at a new console generation with Project Scorpio, PS4 Pro, and Nintendo Switch.
>
> Except Nintendo Switch for the most part isn’t even up to par with the current generation lol.

I mean, that has been the case for a really long time. Last time Nintendo released a console up to par with the most powerful consoles of the generation was in 1997. GC didn’t really seem to compete with the Xbox in raw performance, and by 2007 Nintendo had pretty much given up with trying to keep up to graphical performance to any degree, and instead decided to concentrate on small form factor consoles.

> 2533274807480458;7:
> > 2533274825830455;5:
>
> Except Nintendo Switch for the most part isn’t even up to par with the current generation lol.

Nintendo has never been a direct competitor with Xbox and PS. It’s always been its own little niche, mostly because of the lack of 3rd party support. People don’t buy Nintendo for is console power. They buy it to play Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Pokemon, and other Nintendo staples (oh Metroid, where art thou?).

> 2533274840469109;6:
> > 2533274825830455;5:
>
> kinda weird that we’re already getting brand new consoles since the Xbox One and PS4 came out in 2013. I wonder if Halo 6 will be the 1st Halo for Xbox Scorpio.

The difference that you seem to be missing is that Xbox Scorpio does not represent the next “generation” Xbox console. Where Xbox 360 is considered last gen and Xbox One considered current gen, Project Scorpio is not going to be a new generation of console. In fact, Scorpio is Microsoft’s attempt to do away with console generations altogether, and make consoles more like PCs in that the technology gets marginally better every 2 years or so. So there shouldn’t be any “Scorpio” exclusives, because Scorpio is essentially going to be a stronger Xbox One. Scorpio will be a part of this current generation of consoles that includes Xbox One and PS4. It’s only “brand new” in the idea that it will be more powerful than current Xbox One consoles, but at its heart it will still be an Xbox One.

I really don’t know what the confusion is, Scorpio is still an xbox one just more powerful, just like PS4 pro is to the regular one. Halo 6 won’t be scopio exclusive as it needs to run on xbone’s which haven’t recieved the hardware upgrade. That’s it. Also why not google/edge/bing it etc… rather than asking it on the forums, there are a ton of youtube videos covering the issue.

> 2533274972430429;12:
> I really don’t know what the confusion is, Scorpio is still an xbox one just more powerful, just like PS4 pro is to the regular one. Halo 6 won’t be scopio exclusive as it needs to run on xbone’s which haven’t recieved the hardware upgrade. That’s it. Also why not google/edge/bing it etc… rather than asking it on the forums, there are a ton of youtube videos covering the issue.

I did google it after asking, and it seems people are saying it’s indeed a new console, that will support the library from Xbox One.

> 2533274817408735;11:
> The difference that you seem to be missing is that Xbox Scorpio does not represent the next “generation” Xbox console. Where Xbox 360 is considered last gen and Xbox One considered current gen, Project Scorpio is not going to be a new generation of console. In fact, Scorpio is Microsoft’s attempt to do away with console generations altogether, and make consoles more like PCs in that the technology gets marginally better every 2 years or so. So there shouldn’t be any “Scorpio” exclusives, because Scorpio is essentially going to be a stronger Xbox One. Scorpio will be a part of this current generation of consoles that includes Xbox One and PS4. It’s only “brand new” in the idea that it will be more powerful than current Xbox One consoles, but at its heart it will still be an Xbox One.

But as I said in my first post, it’s just a matter of semantics. There doesn’t exist strict definition of what is enough to consitute a new console generation. It’s just an arbitrary label that we give to these devices that has historically been based on hardware revisions. I deem these consoles a new generation because they are architecturally different from their predecessors.

My point is that there is no reason for confusion here. “Console generations” are a completely artifical thing that we use to keep track of things. In this case I just happen to find it convenient to call this a new generation because we’re getting hardware upgrades from the big three within a span of a year. But if that’s not your cup of tea, feel free to call it whatever you want.

> 2533274972430429;12:
> I really don’t know what the confusion is, Scorpio is still an xbox one just more powerful, just like PS4 pro is to the regular one. Halo 6 won’t be scopio exclusive as it needs to run on xbone’s which haven’t recieved the hardware upgrade. That’s it. Also why not google/edge/bing it etc… rather than asking it on the forums, there are a ton of youtube videos covering the issue.

Well there is confusion because reasons. Have you seen the Scorpio trailer? They talk about it like it’s so powerful and next-gen. Almost like a really good upgraded PC.
Hopefully we don’t get a new console though. I’m not ready to move from Xbox one. That would be throwing all these new games out the window.
But for the future, I hope Halo 6 (or any Halo 343 is planning) is the console seller for xbox’s new console.

> 2533275050532363;15:
> > 2533274972430429;12:
> > I really don’t know what the confusion is, Scorpio is still an xbox one just more powerful, just like PS4 pro is to the regular one. Halo 6 won’t be scopio exclusive as it needs to run on xbone’s which haven’t recieved the hardware upgrade. That’s it. Also why not google/edge/bing it etc… rather than asking it on the forums, there are a ton of youtube videos covering the issue.
>
> Well there is confusion because reasons. Have you seen the Scorpio trailer? They talk about it like it’s so powerful and next-gen. Almost like a really good upgraded PC.
> Hopefully we don’t get a new console though. I’m not ready to move from Xbox one. That would be throwing all these new games out the window.
> But for the future, I hope Halo 6 (or any Halo 343 is planning) is the console seller for xbox’s new console.

But the scorpio is going to play our current xbone games, just as any launching game on the scorpio should be playable on the xbone. Those advertisements are aimed at people not currently in the xbox market, they want to market it as if its a new console generation, in reality it won’t be as new.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> > 2533274840469109;1:
> > So, I’m confused about Project Scorpio? What is it? Is it a brand new console or just a really nice upgrade for the Xbox One?
>
> It’s an upgraded xbox one. The wiki.

^^ Yep, has been said that it has 6 Tera Flops which more then the PlayStation Pro (or whatever it’s called) has.

It’s a more powerful XB1. Same games, same accessories, same UI. Only thing different is the hardware.

> 2533275031939856;18:
> It’s a more powerful XB1. Same games, same accessories, same UI. Only thing different is the hardware.

That’s strange, as I’ve read articles of developers of the console say it’s a brand new console.

I say let’s stop the discussion. As of now we don’t know really what the hell it is, let’s wait for the reveal at E3.