What is it with the matchmaking in this game??

I really would like if someone could enlighten me about the matchmaking System… at least in non-ranked games…

I am a Halo Wars 1 Veteran but I played nothing but 1v1 no-rank games so far in order to create a Feeling for the new energy sytem, create new strategies, learn each faction/commander and for example how to counter rush tactics etc. I am rank 6 atm.

But it really seems that you literally get paired with any kind of player in this mode. Last match for example I was paired against a rank 45 trihard… rank 45! This person must have spent every single hour since release playing this game like there was no tomorrow. I dont have that much free-time these days and I dont get what u learn in this game by getting stomped by trihards from beginning (sometimes)

There is skill based matchmaking in the game you just don’t see it. The more you win the more you will be put with players with better skill so if you get matched with a 45 then that means you are on his skill level. And as for how long that guy played to get to rank 45 there are a lot of people out there who self destruct their base in the first minute and lose on purpose to get xp quick to rank up.

> 2533274915124934;2:
> There is skill based matchmaking in the game you just don’t see it. The more you win the more you will be put with players with better skill so if you get matched with a 45 then that means you are on his skill level. And as for how long that guy played to get to rank 45 there are a lot of people out there who self destruct their base in the first minute and lose on purpose to get xp quick to rank up.

I thought that early drop is often due to this bug where you cant select units with your mouse?

> 2535470209661387;3:
> > 2533274915124934;2:
> > There is skill based matchmaking in the game you just don’t see it. The more you win the more you will be put with players with better skill so if you get matched with a 45 then that means you are on his skill level. And as for how long that guy played to get to rank 45 there are a lot of people out there who self destruct their base in the first minute and lose on purpose to get xp quick to rank up.
>
> I thought that early drop is often due to this bug where you cant select units with your mouse?

no clue about the mouse thing (I play on xbox) and you can check on the forums about the losing a match quick to farm xp ske7tch actually posted something on it today

> 2533274915124934;2:
> There is skill based matchmaking in the game you just don’t see it. The more you win the more you will be put with players with better skill so if you get matched with a 45 then that means you are on his skill level. And as for how long that guy played to get to rank 45 there are a lot of people out there who self destruct their base in the first minute and lose on purpose to get xp quick to rank up.

Honestly how can we be sure this is the case? Maybe the team is honestly just trolling everyone or something and say they included such a system when they were actually too lazy to do so and just said it because it sounded good.