what is going on? Halo's Path

-We get death X’s and they only last 2 seconds…
-We get CSR and you have to go on waypoint to see
-We ask for de-scoping instead of flinch and we get Flinch…
-Halo is an arena shooter and theres more big maps than arena maps
-They sell millions of copies and there’s only 30,000~ people on everyday
-Ordinance is random
-343 wants to make halo accessible…
-DMR is broken
-Sprint is blah

This “new” direction for halo is absolute poop…i bet the dmr is only going to get tweaked for one playlist while it remains broken in everything else just like everything else was failed. Sad day

To be fair, the DMR isn’t broken it’s just OP. Every other thing you said are legitimate problems.

I honestly don’t see these issues being fixed in Halo 4, seeing as how the game was built revolves around it. I guess we’ll just have to hope that they don’t screw up the next game.

> -We get death X’s and they only last 2 seconds…
> -We get CSR and you have to go on waypoint to see
> -We ask for de-scoping instead of flinch and we get Flinch…
> -Halo is an arena shooter and theres more big maps than arena maps
> -They sell millions of copies and there’s only 30,000~ people on everyday
> -Ordinance is random
> -343 wants to make halo accessible…
> -DMR is broken
> -Sprint is blah
>
> This “new” direction for halo is absolute poop…i bet the dmr is only going to get tweaked for one playlist while it remains broken in everything else just like everything else was failed. Sad day

Hm, how about 343 gives you nothing? Or maybe Halo GoKarts, Golf, and Winter Olympics instead of a new trilogy?

Come on man. At least they’re trying.

Them trying is the only reason I still play, but why try something if its only being executed halfway? I’m starting to think that they don’t have the right tools to accomplish the changes perfectly because how can these minor things be overlooked?

> > -We get death X’s and they only last 2 seconds…
> > -We get CSR and you have to go on waypoint to see
> > -We ask for de-scoping instead of flinch and we get Flinch…
> > -Halo is an arena shooter and theres more big maps than arena maps
> > -They sell millions of copies and there’s only 30,000~ people on everyday
> > -Ordinance is random
> > -343 wants to make halo accessible…
> > -DMR is broken
> > -Sprint is blah
> >
> > This “new” direction for halo is absolute poop…i bet the dmr is only going to get tweaked for one playlist while it remains broken in everything else just like everything else was failed. Sad day
>
> <mark>Hm, how about 343 gives you nothing</mark>? Or maybe Halo GoKarts, Golf, and Winter Olympics instead of a new trilogy?
>
> Come on man. At least they’re trying.

Didn’t we pay for this game? Isn’t this the game series that we all know and love for what it is and not because it’s like any other game?

> > > -We get death X’s and they only last 2 seconds…
> > > -We get CSR and you have to go on waypoint to see
> > > -We ask for de-scoping instead of flinch and we get Flinch…
> > > -Halo is an arena shooter and theres more big maps than arena maps
> > > -They sell millions of copies and there’s only 30,000~ people on everyday
> > > -Ordinance is random
> > > -343 wants to make halo accessible…
> > > -DMR is broken
> > > -Sprint is blah
> > >
> > > This “new” direction for halo is absolute poop…i bet the dmr is only going to get tweaked for one playlist while it remains broken in everything else just like everything else was failed. Sad day
> >
> > <mark>Hm, how about 343 gives you nothing</mark>? Or maybe Halo GoKarts, Golf, and Winter Olympics instead of a new trilogy?
> >
> > Come on man. At least they’re trying.
>
> Didn’t we pay for this game? Isn’t this the game series that we all know and love for what it is and not because it’s like any other game?

The title updates have all been free. They didn’t have to do anything. They didn’t have to ever give us Grifball or Swat or any of the other post-launch playlists. All they had to do to make money was slap the Halo name on a racing or sports game and they would’ve been well off. I’m saying Halo could’ve become the next Sonic. 343 is trying to give us Halo at its next level. Say what you will about whether or not they’re doing a good job, but they are trying.

only thing i have an issue with is the ordinance system, its complete garbage. other than that the game gets an A++

> -We get death X’s and they only last 2 seconds…
> -We get CSR and you have to go on waypoint to see
> -We ask for de-scoping instead of flinch and we get Flinch…
> -Halo is an arena shooter and theres more big maps than arena maps
> -They sell millions of copies and there’s only 30,000~ people on everyday
> -Ordinance is random
> -343 wants to make halo accessible…
> -DMR is broken
> -Sprint is blah
>
> This “new” direction for halo is absolute poop…i bet the dmr is only going to get tweaked for one playlist while it remains broken in everything else just like everything else was failed. Sad day

How about instead of just pointing out what’s broken about the game, why not be useful and point out why you think each feature is broken, and offer some ways to solve the problem.

BTW the no in game CSR isn’t going to change in Halo 4, can’t add it post release, 343i has pointed this out.

This thread was moved the the matchmaking forums, your thread was all about War Games matchmaking specifically hence the move. Please continue your discussion.

> > -Ordinance is random
> > -DMR is broken
> > -Sprint is blah
> >
> > This “new” direction for halo is absolute poop…i bet the dmr is only going to get tweaked for one playlist while it remains broken in everything else just like everything else was failed. Sad day
>
> Hm, how about 343 gives you nothing? Or maybe Halo GoKarts, Golf, and Winter Olympics instead of a new trilogy?
>

less trying more listening. (how to be successful in video games 101) step 1 listen to community step 2 don’t do your ownthing without a beta. the end

> Hm, how about 343 gives you nothing? Or maybe Halo GoKarts, Golf, and Winter Olympics instead of a new trilogy?
>

Trying my -Yoink-. They don’t listen to the Halo community.
How can you possibly be apologetic for 343 now, after all they’ve done?
I paid $100 for a Halo game. I thought Halo would begin going back to its classic style. I wanted to know the next segment of the Halo story.

But I was wrong. Oh I was wrong. The only good thing about this game, in my opinion, was the story.

Basically everything in the LE was made available to everyone within a month after release. There is literally no ranking system anymore. CSR will only be shown on Waypoint. The matchmaking fails to deliver: it strays more from the Halo formula than Reach did. Spops was a nice try for a FF replacement, but I prefer ODST FF more. Forge was a step back from Reach, and custom games were completely gutted.
The two TUs did nothing anyone really wanted besides bringing back the death X, but somehow, 343 thought it was a good idea to mess it up as well.

I am an unsatisfied customer and I reserve the right to complaining. But more importantly, I am a disheartened, saddened diehard Halo fan.

The online forms are not a general representation of the community but of a minority of people. The problem is that COD and Battlefield have stolen the spotlight in the last decade. Those titles are what are considered relevant to online gaming in today’s time. COD has the hype today unfortunately, the cool factor, the game all my other friends play. Halo has already had it’s limelight and badly needs to reinvent itself to try and achieve a better grasp of the market share.

> The online forms are not a general representation of the community but of a minority of people. The problem is that COD and Battlefield have stolen the spotlight in the last decade. Those titles are what are considered relevant to online gaming in today’s time. COD has the hype today unfortunately, the cool factor, the game all my other friends play. Halo has already had it’s limelight and badly needs to reinvent itself to try and achieve a better grasp of the market share.

Halo 3 did fine with all the modern shooters coming out. The forum is a minority, but honestly, with all the people that have left Halo 4 compared to the previous ones, I think its pretty obvious that the older formula held peoples attention longer. I honestly cannot find one person in real life who plays Halo but me anymore. Halo reinvented itself, and thats when its playerbase dipped.

> > -Ordinance is random
> > -DMR is broken
> > -Sprint is blah
> >
>
> How about instead of just pointing out what’s broken about the game, why not be useful and point out why you think each feature is broken, and offer some ways to solve the problem.
>
> BTW the no in game CSR isn’t going to change in Halo 4, can’t add it post release, 343i has pointed this out.

People have said what is wrong with different parts of the game many times. At this point, there doesn’t seem to be much point in giving reasons because they have already been said over and over.

> > > > -We get death X’s and they only last 2 seconds…
> > > > -We get CSR and you have to go on waypoint to see
> > > > -We ask for de-scoping instead of flinch and we get Flinch…
> > > > -Halo is an arena shooter and theres more big maps than arena maps
> > > > -They sell millions of copies and there’s only 30,000~ people on everyday
> > > > -Ordinance is random
> > > > -343 wants to make halo accessible…
> > > > -DMR is broken
> > > > -Sprint is blah
> > > >
> > > > This “new” direction for halo is absolute poop…i bet the dmr is only going to get tweaked for one playlist while it remains broken in everything else just like everything else was failed. Sad day
> > >
> > > <mark>Hm, how about 343 gives you nothing</mark>? Or maybe Halo GoKarts, Golf, and Winter Olympics instead of a new trilogy?
> > >
> > > Come on man. At least they’re trying.
> >
> > Didn’t we pay for this game? Isn’t this the game series that we all know and love for what it is and not because it’s like any other game?
>
> The title updates have all been free. They didn’t have to do anything. They didn’t have to ever give us Grifball or Swat or any of the other post-launch playlists. All they had to do to make money was slap the Halo name on a racing or sports game and they would’ve been well off. I’m saying Halo could’ve become the next Sonic. 343 is trying to give us Halo at its next level. Say what you will about whether or not they’re doing a good job, but they are trying.

There is a major difference between trying and making poor design decisions. They were trying when they nailed the movement speed, grenade throws and melee strength. The trying stopped when they discarded balance in order to copy the competition.

A major foundation of Halo was shattered when 343 did away with the 3 second rule (weapons take 3 seconds to kill, minus the power weapons). Reach’s DMR wasn’t OP when first released. Now it’s just point and spam. Less work for the kills, less reward.

Halo went arcade.

>

There are plenty of other games out there.

343I does not have to give me anything, but I don’t have to like what they give me either.

If they are going to make a mediocre product, I’ll simply buy something else.

> BTW the no in game CSR isn’t going to change in Halo 4, can’t add it post release, 343i has pointed this out.

To my understanding they can’t add to the GUI. That doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t put “CSR 50” or so in text where “Mastery” is, or some other similar solution.