What is considered a "heavy weapon?"

alright, so I look at my commendations and notice I need about 17 more kills with a heavy weapon to “rank” it up. I go to the pillar of autumn level and grab the rocket launcher, mongoose over past the scarabs, etc. blow up some enemies. After the game’s over I notice I need like 4 more kills, so I skip to the second checkpoint and kill the brute chieftain grabbing using the fuel rod he had I come back to see I still had 4 kills remaining. so what exactly qualifies as a “heavy weapon?” thanks for the help!

Rocket Launcher
Grenade Launcher
Spartan Laser
Concussion Rifle
Plasma Launcher
Target Locator
Rocket Hog
Fuel Rod Canon

They all count :wink:

that seems a bit strange to me why those are all considered heavy weapons yet the fuel rod isnt… but anyways thanks for the help (again)

I think that the heavy weapons in Reach are the noob tube, concusion rifle, fuel rod gun, rockets, spartan laser, plasma launcher and the target locator.
So basically any gun that causes explosions is considered a “heavy weapon”.

> that seems a bit strange to me why those are all considered heavy weapons yet the fuel rod isnt… but anyways thanks for the help (again)

Apologies, forgot to add it in.

wait so then how come when I blew up 6 jackals with a fuel rod it didn’t count towards my achievements? do you have to be on a certain skill level (normal, heroic, etc) for them to count? I went on easy so I could get some quick kills…

You have to be on Normal or harder.

alright that makes loads more sense. Thank you guys!