What is attacking the Pelican?

At the back half of the trailer when Chief looks out the cockpit and sees the broken Ring and then everything goes white, what is happening? To me it kind of looks like slipspace or hard light surrounding the ship. What do you guys think?

Maybe a guardian

A trailer that made more questions and gave no answers.

Could be a huge -Yoink- Covenant ship.

> 2666640315087182;3:
> A trailer that made more questions and gave no answers.

I think the point was to stir the pot and get people talking again, and it worked.

> 2533275006452122;5:
> > 2666640315087182;3:
> > A trailer that made more questions and gave no answers.
>
> I think the point was to stir the pot and get people talking again, and it worked.

not as well as they might have hoped, many are talking about the lack of information that was provided in the trailer. but if bad publicity is better than no publicity well even then the publicity is about how much of a non-show they have made so it doesn’t even work under that sense.

Oh well I guess I’ll see some more information from YouTube maybe from Jim Sterling (but he might have bigger fish to fry) but I am sure Act Man Halofolower and HiddenXperia will have a discussion on it, but I will assure you part of that discussion would be on what wasn’t there instead of what was.

> 2666640315087182;6:
> > 2533275006452122;5:
> > > 2666640315087182;3:
> > > A trailer that made more questions and gave no answers.
> >
> > I think the point was to stir the pot and get people talking again, and it worked.
>
> not as well as they might have hoped, many are talking about the lack of information that was provided in the trailer. but if bad publicity is better than no publicity well even then the publicity is about how much of a non-show they have made so it doesn’t even work under that sense.
>
> Oh well I guess I’ll see some more information from YouTube maybe from Jim Sterling (but he might have bigger fish to fry) but I am sure Act Man Halofolower and HiddenXperia will have a discussion on it, but I will assure you part of that discussion would be on what wasn’t there instead of what was.

The point was to show off the new art style, and leave us to wonder what is happening. We’re supposed to not know what’s going on so we can build our own theories and get excited. It’s too early for 343i to tell us exactly what’s going on.

Probably an Ender Dragon. Jk, probably a guardian most likely with their wave attack thing like in Halo 5.

I’d suspect something Forerunner related. Perhaps even alien minions of Cortona.

> 2533275006452122;7:
> > 2666640315087182;6:
> > > 2533275006452122;5:
> > > > 2666640315087182;3:
> > > > A trailer that made more questions and gave no answers.
> > >
> > > I think the point was to stir the pot and get people talking again, and it worked.
> >
> > not as well as they might have hoped, many are talking about the lack of information that was provided in the trailer. but if bad publicity is better than no publicity well even then the publicity is about how much of a non-show they have made so it doesn’t even work under that sense.
> >
> > Oh well I guess I’ll see some more information from YouTube maybe from Jim Sterling (but he might have bigger fish to fry) but I am sure Act Man Halofolower and HiddenXperia will have a discussion on it, but I will assure you part of that discussion would be on what wasn’t there instead of what was.
>
> The point was to show off the new art style, and leave us to wonder what is happening. We’re supposed to not know what’s going on so we can build our own theories and get excited. It’s too early for 343i to tell us exactly what’s going on.

Sorry to disappoint, I didn’t notice a new art style. But seriously why do you care about my opinion of it? If it was to get me hyped for the game, it failed and for those that are hyped for it, well they were already hyped for it and you could have just shown them a still image and they would have praised it. You can also argue that the skeptics would never be pleased and you would be correct but there is such a thing as optimistically skeptical. There is nothing to go by, and fan theories are pointless. We will see what others have to say. I am certain that there are people with better communication skills on YouTube that can break it down.

> 2666640315087182;10:
> > 2533275006452122;7:
> > > 2666640315087182;6:
> > > > 2533275006452122;5:
> > > > > 2666640315087182;3:
> > > > > A trailer that made more questions and gave no answers.
> > > >
> > > > I think the point was to stir the pot and get people talking again, and it worked.
> > >
> > > not as well as they might have hoped, many are talking about the lack of information that was provided in the trailer. but if bad publicity is better than no publicity well even then the publicity is about how much of a non-show they have made so it doesn’t even work under that sense.
> > >
> > > Oh well I guess I’ll see some more information from YouTube maybe from Jim Sterling (but he might have bigger fish to fry) but I am sure Act Man Halofolower and HiddenXperia will have a discussion on it, but I will assure you part of that discussion would be on what wasn’t there instead of what was.
> >
> > The point was to show off the new art style, and leave us to wonder what is happening. We’re supposed to not know what’s going on so we can build our own theories and get excited. It’s too early for 343i to tell us exactly what’s going on.
>
> Sorry to disappoint, I didn’t notice a new art style. But seriously why do you care about my opinion of it? If it was to get me hyped for the game, it failed and for those that are hyped for it, well they were already hyped for it and you could have just shown them a still image and they would have praised it. You can also argue that the skeptics would never be pleased and you would be correct but there is such a thing as optimistically skeptical. There is nothing to go by, and fan theories are pointless. We will see what others have to say. I am certain that there are people with better communication skills on YouTube that can break it down.

All I’m saying is people shouldn’t be looking to it for answers.

Most likely The Created. He jumps out of the pelican possibly into a tractor beam/ hardlight tube.

Probably whatever the hell took a chunk of the ring out like it was nothing… Seriously though, whatever is strong enough to only damage a select part of the ring and leave the rest probably has no issue taking out a pelican.

I have a theory, I think that it could be cortana trying to contact chief and before you say “no that’s impossible” we’ve already seen her do it in Halo 5 the mission Blue team but maybe since she is on a ring she can concentrate it on more than just chief so she was using a hallucination to make this guy fly towards chief so that when he gets chief cortana can pulse another signal to make chief think there is a threat and go down onto the ring. And since cortana has been on 2 rings with chief she most likely knows that he will head for the control room were she will be to make contact with chief but then this is were it goes rocky she is either going to try to kidnap chief again or she will pay for her sins and go with chief the reason I think she will go with chief is because she is in forerunner technology. And let’s assume she has the logic plague the forerunner ring may cure this plague from her & she will finally try to stop being a threat to humanity. That’s just my theory let me know what you think

> 2533275006452122;1:
> At the back half of the trailer when Chief looks out the cockpit and sees the broken Ring and then everything goes white, what is happening? To me it kind of looks like slipspace or hard light surrounding the ship. What do you guys think?

This is one possible reading of that scene, given that many players did ask for “more exploration” in the next Halo game…

As shown at the end of Halo Wars 2, Halo Rings can travel around because they have their own Slipspace Engine:

https://youtu.be/7oLm-NFJOfY?t=193 .

So in the Halo Infinite Trailer, as well as Zeta Halo, who knows where else we could end up visiting if Zeta Halo itself keeps suddenly jumping into Slipspace and dragging Chief and the Pilot’s orbiting Pelican with it to other destinations - from Sanghelios to Reach, even to the Ark or Maethrillian?!

https://youtu.be/ogGAbjpgDYY?t=287 .

Of course, beyond Chief’s Halo 3 style armour, all the music of the trailer’s control scene and Cortana’s words remind us of the “Arrival” cutscene in the opening of Halo 3 - just like his locked up Armour and his empty Cortana Chip and “Where is she Chief? Where’s Cortana?” hint in the Infinite Trailer - and complete with Johnson’s “Crazy fool! Why do you always jump?!” like Chief does out the back of the Pelican…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVzKVuCmakY .

So, now, with “eyes that are getting smarter” (as Grunt Dimkee Hotay says in Halo 5), remember all these Halo 3 hints, story references and music as we watch that Infinite trailer again…

https://youtu.be/ZtgzKBrU1GY?t=147 .

Many “Hunt The Truth” about Halo 5 clues there, I think…

> 2533274927548337;2:
> Maybe a guardian

Probably a guardian. There is a clear indication that the pelican was hit by an EMP. The only EMP-emitting enemy in Halo we know so far are the Guardians.

Maybe it’s the flood that survived but stranded at the destroyed Ring, just a guess.

> 2535436001704240;14:
> I have a theory, I think that it could be cortana trying to contact chief and before you say “no that’s impossible” we’ve already seen her do it in Halo 5 the mission Blue team but maybe since she is on a ring she can concentrate it on more than just chief so she was using a hallucination to make this guy fly towards chief so that when he gets chief cortana can pulse another signal to make chief think there is a threat and go down onto the ring. And since cortana has been on 2 rings with chief she most likely knows that he will head for the control room were she will be to make contact with chief but then this is were it goes rocky she is either going to try to kidnap chief again or she will pay for her sins and go with chief the reason I think she will go with chief is because she is in forerunner technology. And let’s assume she has the logic plague the forerunner ring may cure this plague from her & she will finally try to stop being a threat to humanity. That’s just my theory let me know what you think

It’s a good theory but it won’t just fit in the story line. Listen me out. Halo 5 was completely independent of halo 4 . I mean whatever happened in halo 4 was never relatable in halo 5 because halo 5 story doesn’t make any sense. Now if your theory is to be happen ,halo infinite would be independent of halo 5 and completely unrelatable to it. Because all the efforts master chief have done to bring back cortana and all the efforts of cortana maintaining peace in the galaxy would be completely wasted. Though I like your this opinion where she might again try to ‘kidnap’ him again and put him back in the cryptum ball (if that’s what it’s called).

> 2533275006452122;1:
> At the back half of the trailer when Chief looks out the cockpit and sees the broken Ring and then everything goes white, what is happening? To me it kind of looks like slipspace or hard light surrounding the ship. What do you guys think?

It’s most likely a Guardian or another of Cortana’s weapon. Or some new faction? Let’s see

> 2533275006452122;1:
> At the back half of the trailer when Chief looks out the cockpit and sees the broken Ring and then everything goes white, what is happening? To me it kind of looks like slipspace or hard light surrounding the ship. What do you guys think?

Maybe Cortana impulse