What is a mongoose good for?

I always feel frustrated when I get a mongoose as a random vehicle, and how useless they are. Can’t quite aim, can’t quite maneuver, can’t quite do anything with them.
In summation, I hate those things.
Is there a genuine use for them?
Edit: I meant mongeese and gungeese.

They’re fun! You can drive around and go BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP all match.

What’s not to love?

Gungooses are actually quite powerful when used correctly. Problem is that they’re kinda hard to use correctly…

Mongooses, however… only real use for them is quick and cheap transport.

On Apex Seven,they are good to reach the first base and are good vehicles in CTF for flag transportation.

> 2533274796457055;2:
> They’re fun! You can drive around and go BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP all match.
>
> What’s not to love?

Hahaha yeah u’re soooo right BEEPBEEPBEEP :-d

Gungeese are powerful flank/hit-and-run vehicles, you just have to hit your shots and pick the right fights. Practice hitting the nades in campaign. Mongeese have always been bottom of the barrel though.

> 2533274822318773;1:
> I always feel frustrated when I get a mongoose as a random vehicle, and how useless they are. Can’t quite aim, can’t quite maneuver, can’t quite do anything with them.
> In summation, I hate those things.
> Is there a genuine use for them?

Mongoose, huh?
what is it good for?
absolutely NOTHING.

> 2533274796457055;2:
> They’re fun! You can drive around and go BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP all match.
>
> What’s not to love?

Literally all I do when driving a mongoose.

> 2535437652903765;3:
> Gungooses are actually quite powerful when used correctly. Problem is that they’re kinda hard to use correctly…

Or when core camping on wza. Passengers still get infinite grenades right?

> 2533274971565732;9:
> > 2535437652903765;3:
> > Gungooses are actually quite powerful when used correctly. Problem is that they’re kinda hard to use correctly…
>
> Or when core camping on wza. Passengers still get infinite grenades right?

Right. That’s my preferred use for them. Gungoose aims at one door, passenger spams grenades on the other. That’s actually one of the ways my Spartan Company is getting through the last remaining Grenade and Ground Vehicle kills we need before we unlock the Achilles Helmet.

> 2533274971565732;9:
> > 2535437652903765;3:
> > Gungooses are actually quite powerful when used correctly. Problem is that they’re kinda hard to use correctly…
>

Unless 343 changed something since the last time I got on the back of a Gungoose (which was Saturday, I believe), passengers have infinite frags.

I only use them on Apex 7 for my team to rush the enemy base

A Mongoose doesn’t have much use in WZ but it’s better suited for BTB. In WZ you could spawn a gungoose which is obviously better. BTB it’s good if you don’t have a warthog and need to drive a flag runner

Mongooses are just cheap transports. Gungooses on the other hand, are useful when used properly.

> 2533274822318773;1:
> I always feel frustrated when I get a mongoose as a random vehicle, and how useless they are. Can’t quite aim, can’t quite maneuver, can’t quite do anything with them.
> In summation, I hate those things.
> Is there a genuine use for them?

You can’t get a mongoose from a random vehicle, however you can get a gungoose from a random vehicle.

> 2533274796457055;2:
>
> What’s not to love?

Omg lol. I’m dying laughing rn.

> 2533274971565732;9:
> > 2535437652903765;3:
>

Yes, they do.

Mongooses are quick, cheap methods of transport. Get from Point A to Point B quickly.

Gungooses work wonders when used properly, especially in conjunction with a Wasp. All of them - besides the crappy ONI - can do some serious damage from a distance. I once got an Untouchable with a Corps Gungoose.

Getting those sniper commendations for shooting a driver off a horn spammer

They’re also good for attacking cobras

They are good for escaping the farm :slight_smile: