What is 343's next Content Update?

This is just a general discussion of what could be in 343’s next content update in MCC. I don’t know if their already is a thread for this, so apologies to everyone if there is one.

Heres an iquote related to the next content update from 343 in their Halo Community Update 8.21.15
“The Halo: The Master Chief Collection team continues to work on the next content update, which will target top community items”

“Target top community items”. What could that mean?

Probably adding Infection and Griffball.

They’re adding Living Dead and removing Halo Championship Series. Also, other small adjustments across other playlists.

thats what we call a playlist update. they’re currently working on that AND a content update which includes fixes

> 2533274856941823;4:
> thats what we call a playlist update. they’re currently working on that AND a content update which includes fixes

Oh, my bad. I thought it was the same thing. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you happen to know what thw next content update is then?

> 2533274850869596;2:
> Probably adding Infection and Griffball.

Like other posts have stated that’s just a playlist update. A content update adds new content like remnant or fixes bugs.

I hope they fix the playlist reset issue, achievement problems, crashing during campaign or multiplayer, and better player matching.

> 2533274931571055;5:
> > 2533274856941823;4:
> > thats what we call a playlist update. they’re currently working on that AND a content update which includes fixes
>
>
> Oh, my bad. I thought it was the same thing. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you happen to know what thw next content update is then?

they said it features top community items, sooo… maybe rank fixes, adjusting quitting and betraying, but what I’m really hoping for are some custom game and forge fixes

> 2533274856941823;7:
> > 2533274931571055;5:
> > > 2533274856941823;4:
> > > thats what we call a playlist update. they’re currently working on that AND a content update which includes fixes
> >
> >
> > Oh, my bad. I thought it was the same thing. Thanks for clearing that up. Do you happen to know what thw next content update is then?
>
>
> they said it features top community items, sooo… maybe rank fixes, adjusting quitting and betraying, but what I’m really hoping for are some custom game and forge fixes

My #1 hoped-for is getting it so people in Australia can reliably play. #2 would be the betray/quit adjustments and ranking fixes - right behind behind not having groups dissolve and being kicked back to the Matchmaking menu after every single game.

I’d like to see a fix for some of the broken achievements and addition of personal Emblems in game (currently really hard to identify teamates in H2 classic)

Nobody really knows. I’m hoping for the capability of join-in-progress for custom matches.

I would like (demand) that the “done…unlocking for 85 days” achievements are rectified !!!
find audio log number 5… Got 4 and 6 and all the others to 30… How can this happen ?

As is the case with almost any/all 343 games’ post-launch updates, tunings, and fixes . . .

Contents of update = Totally Unknown
Timing of update = “Coming Soon” (aka, totally unknown)

I hope they fix the selection for classic mode. When you start a game it is always in remastered mode no matter what you pick in the options.

At this point, too little too late for me. I give them my eternal vote of no confidence, and no respect for Microsoft as a company. If they manage to make something good come out of a Microsoft owned and managed studio, then I expected nothing and got surprised with something. Double down my current attitude and apply it for Halo 5.

Fix the lighting bug on Awash. Laughable this hasn’t been fixed yet. Ability to set lobby to Open rather than Friends Only would be nice too. Ability to change teams mid-game. Ability to join mid-game. You know, things we could always do but can’t now…

> 2533274794242693;15:
> Fix the lighting bug on Awash. Laughable this hasn’t been fixed yet. Ability to set lobby to Open rather than Friends Only would be nice too. Ability to change teams mid-game. Ability to join mid-game. You know, things we could always do but can’t now…

It’s truely laughable, especially when the missing standard features are in other games. I never played Gears of War or COD, Halo has always been my jam and why I bought an xbox. I asked my cousin’s hubby if COD had custom games, and could you join one that had already started, and he said yes.

So very incompetent, even more so now that I looked over the garden wall. I laugh in Microsoft’s face as incompetent console creators and curators of classic games.

Please let it be a halo 5 Control scheme port

> 2533274800110367;17:
> Please let it be a halo 5 Control scheme port

Really? Out of all the things to care about this is at the top for you?! How about waiting til it’s here and you can play that scheme not asking the team to spend time on that when there are way more important things to do.

I hope it is some kind of fix for the achievements not unlocking, and fixes to ranks, like when you rank down after a win or host quits, and maybe fix medals earned in MM. Those Legendary one are off big time.

> 2533274863544717;18:
> > 2533274800110367;17:
> > Please let it be a halo 5 Control scheme port
>
>
> Really? Out of all the things to care about this is at the top for you?! How about waiting til it’s here and you can play that scheme not asking the team to spend time on that when there are way more important things to do.
>
> I hope it is some kind of fix for the achievements not unlocking, and fixes to ranks, like when you rank down after a win or host quits, and maybe fix medals earned in MM. Those Legendary one are off big time.

Why? Because it is TRIVIAL to make. It’s a control scheme…hell they should allow us to map the goddam controller…nothing more…but alleviates an issue that a lot of players might experience which is muscle memory screwing with them even tho they MIGHT find more natural to use the new scheme and frankly given the attitude 343 has in regards of playing the whole saga seamlessly this scheme should be there already. To me…achievements not unlocking, ranks and anything regarding MP are quite pointless to me because I do not play it at all.

> 2533274800110367;19:
> > 2533274863544717;18:
> > > 2533274800110367;17:
> > > Please let it be a halo 5 Control scheme port
> >
> >
> > Really? Out of all the things to care about this is at the top for you?! How about waiting til it’s here and you can play that scheme not asking the team to spend time on that when there are way more important things to do.
> >
> > I hope it is some kind of fix for the achievements not unlocking, and fixes to ranks, like when you rank down after a win or host quits, and maybe fix medals earned in MM. Those Legendary one are off big time.
>
>
> Why? Because it is TRIVIAL to make. It’s a control scheme…hell they should allow us to map the goddam controller…nothing more…but alleviates an issue that a lot of players might experience which is muscle memory screwing with them even tho they MIGHT find more natural to use the new scheme and frankly given the attitude 343 has in regards of playing the whole saga seamlessly this scheme should be there already. To me…achievements not unlocking, ranks and anything regarding MP are quite pointless to me because I do not play it at all.

Why you wouldn’t care about achievements unlocking when you say you don’t play MM seems odd to me, since most of them are in campaign. I don’t quite get why you are all up in arms about this. The reality is H5 is right around the corner and you will have all the time to get used to the control’s then. MCC issues that will hopefully be addressed by the next update will be what the majority of the community wants, hopefully, not one, sole member who cares nothing for major issues that need fixing.